Nigeria will win group D

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria will win group D

Post by felarey »

Come on guys Argentina are favourites and it will be a unlikely they don't qualify from the group but for the sake of SE, I hope you guys are right. We will need Ndidi back in the starting lineup, sort out our setpiece defending, start breaking down teams in attack and pls pls, Moses should stay on that right side. He does everything well there.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

felarey wrote:Come on guys Argentina are favourites and it will be a unlikely they don't qualify from the group but for the sake of SE, I hope you guys are right. We will need Ndidi back in the starting lineup, sort out our setpiece defending, start breaking down teams in attack and pls pls, Moses should stay on that right side. He does everything well there.
felarey,hope you're doing well bruv. I think Messi is the X factor for Albiceleste but this version is the worst Argentina they've put on display in his time in the NT. They need to be VERY careful.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Robotnik wrote:This is an example of hoping against all hope
CE never changes. I remember the threads before the CIV game in 2013.

The biggest enemy and limitation of Nigeria has always been Nigeria. For the first time there have been no off field issues with the Eagles (even in 2013, NFF had checked the team out of the hotel on the CIV QF date). There are only about 3 wastepipes on the team (with none likely to play).

You want to give a Nigerian team 2 weeks to focus and prepare, and you think we will be underdogs.

Like I have said here several times, but for off field issues, we had the team (some may want to say players) to get to the Semi Finals of every World Cup since 1994. And that includes the 2006 WC that we did not qualify for. The only exception to this was maybe 1998, but if Kanu & Amokachi did not ruin the team with politics & allowed deserving players like Ohenhen & Akpoborie on that team, we may have even survived Denmark (no getting past Brazil in those quarters though, even with a fit Shorunmu and Shakpoke)
Why are you going back to 2013 ANC? Since then we've missed 2 ANCs, did you guys also predict that?
Your point is moot, but also reinforces the fact that people can stand up make predictions that you determine to be bold.

For 2015, qualifying from a group with Sudan, Bafana & Small Congo was not considered much of a challenge, and no one bothered to stick their necks out for a bold prediction.

Mind you, we are not claiming to be prophets like Lukeman, but just analysing the situation and making a call on the likely outcome.

In 2015, Tchad pulling a quitter made it a 2 man game between Egypt & us (Tanzania was not much of a factor), but Sia1's shocking tactics in Egypt saw us lose out.

Anyway in terms of calling it wrong, I boldly stated (more to yab our rivals) that Ghana & Cameroon would lose on the same day during the 2017 CAN Quarters, but Senegal allowed the Domitable Pussycats to bully them, & the Bredas played their one good game in the entire CAN against a Florent Ibenge's talented DRC site.

Coming to think of it, I offered everyone on the forum a bet on those games and no one was bold enough to show up.
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

We need a miracle to come second in this group .
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I am more worried about Rohr's tactical competence as a coach.

If you can't choreograph your team shape in first 20 mins or so, what is your contribution?

Sadly he had to depend on a change of personnel at half time. Erm...Sorry I don't share that optimism.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bros Emir, did you see what Oga Waka-man said? Isn't such what I have been saying since long time ago? Let me repeat: We Will Beat Croatia And Top The Group.

Emir, remember I also said you can take what I said to the BANK. In truth, I didn't say it, the POWERS that be said it, unless I misunderstood what they meant which I STRONGLY doubt.
Last edited by Odas on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

You people are delusional . Win wetin :rotf: Algeria vs SE 1-1...DRC..then a rubbish Serbia and England una, still dey make mouth..yall should focus on 2o22
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Argentina is not going to qualify out of group D. Those motherfuckers are too weak.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:I also felt that he could come off his line a bit more
Yes, he is VERY hesitant.
He needs to come out more, and he has done that in the 2 friendlies, but his timing has been horrible.

I think he should come out, but not be so quick to go to ground (since he has timing issues).

Perhaps, he should start using his feet more, a la DDG. He would be less likely to get a red card or cause a penalty.

Another plus to using his feet more could be saving shots like Kane's on the England 2nd goal yesterday. I don't blame Uzoho for the goal, but given the pace and position, his best shot at saving it was sticking our a leg. DDG does that a lot.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I will say though, that even though the first half was worrying, I do not think this team has any major concerns.

This is a better team than in 2002, 2010 and 2014. As for 94 and 98, I won't comment on that.

I think the Group is wide open, all this favourites tag is misleading, anything can happen in this group. Argentina would be foolish if they think Messi will just carve the group open for them, it will be difficult for all teams, including Argentina.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:Bros Emir, did you see what Oga Waka-man said? Isn't such what I have been saying since long time ago? Let me repeat: We Will Beat Croatia And Top The Group.

Emir, remember I also said you can take what I said to the BANK. In truth, I didn't say it, the POWERS that be said it, unless I misunderstood what they meant which I STRONGLY doubt.
Ok o. Mo ti gbo. Piooom is upon us.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

i just watched the second half of ENG-NGA

If we can reproduce the second half of this match and the second half or the ARG game we can go far.

That means Rohr will have to stick with 3-5-2. Is he going to do that?

--------------------Uzoho---------------------

--------Balogun-----Ekong------Omeruo---------

Ebuehi--------------Ndidi----------------Idowu-
----------Mikel--------------Iwobi-------------

---------------Moses----Ighalo----------------

Simy
Ogu
Etebo
Musa
Iheanacho

The above players to play a role at some point. No one else should smell the ball.

Everything will have to go right to get far in this WC.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

cchinukw wrote:I am more worried about Rohr's tactical competence as a coach.

If you can't choreograph your team shape in first 20 mins or so, what is your contribution?

Sadly he had to depend on a change of personnel at half time. Erm...Sorry I don't share that optimism.
--maybe you should worry more about whether Naija has got the basic talent...no coach can manufacture talent where there's none....and naija is that case...
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mouko wrote:

--maybe you should worry more about whether Naija has got the basic talent...no coach can manufacture talent where there's none....and naija is that case...

Bookmarked.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mouko wrote:

Ah! They released you early on good behaviour. Welcome back.

Well I have a gift from Cameroon TV to welcome you back. The lions became Champions of Africa while you were away BTW.

[/video]
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:Bros Emir, did you see what Oga Waka-man said? Isn't such what I have been saying since long time ago? Let me repeat: We Will Beat Croatia And Top The Group.

Ok o. Mo ti gbo. Piooom is upon us.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Relax bro, we WILL be fine. Just wait and see
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The Nigerian group is wide open. Nigeria has her chances. The SE should play without complex they will win the group.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

So my prediction was off.
I think my analysis of the group was fine but I under-rated how much the Croat midfield would be perform
Hands up.
Still proud of the Eagles. We belonged and were 10 mins from qualifying.
Next time.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

waka-man wrote:So my prediction was off.
I think my analysis of the group was fine but I under-rated how much the Croat midfield would be perform
Hands up.
Still proud of the Eagles. We belonged and were 10 mins from qualifying.
Next time.
Just accept you are crap man
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf:

The only team you beat was a Supermarket Chain, naim u wan take win group

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: