Finally, the Final 23 Expo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finally, the Final 23 Expo

Post by Cmoke »

Dont stay up waiting for official list.

Dis na correct expo, u go score at least 22 out of 23.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba FC), Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain), Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa).

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Tyrone Ebuehi , Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge KSV, Belgium), Brian Idowu (Amkar Perm, Russia), Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France), William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany).

Midfielders: John Obi Mikel (Tianjin Teda, China), Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey), Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England), Oghenekaro Etebo (UD Las Palmas, Spain), John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel), Joel Obi

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England),, Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England), Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai, China), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England), Simi Nwankwo.

Siddon look

Olaoluwa Aina (Hull City, England)Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey).
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finally, the Final 23 Expo

Post by Tbite »

I will be happy if Onazi is dropped.

What is his upside now? If we say it is experience, then why was he the most jittery player on the pitch?

If it is his workrate, I am sorry but Etebo is all that plus a bag of chips. If it is tackling, sorry but Ndidi is better.

So, there is really nothing he brings to the table that we do not have covered.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

He wont be dropped!

You need experienced players if you are going to the world cup with young players.

Plus coach already said the reason he is playing Onazi and Joel is to get them match fit!

He could drop joel but definitely not Onazi!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tbite wrote:I will be happy if Onazi is dropped.

What is his upside now? If we say it is experience, then why was he the most jittery player on the pitch?

If it is his workrate, I am sorry but Etebo is all that plus a bag of chips. If it is tackling, sorry but Ndidi is better.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

When it is 80mins and you need a hard tackler to maintain a lead....who do u bring in? Ndidi? He is already in the team. Etebo? Good player but not a DM. Mikel would be the player coming off.....certainly not Obi and I hope that Ogu is also a starter.....so u need the hard worker like Onazi, cos you won't bring in Mikel Agu.....for anyone
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Plus u need a guy who can start in case of injury!

Una forget say last world cup our first choice left back and center back got injured!

Cmoke

Enyi wrote:

When it is 80mins and you need a hard tackler to maintain a lead....who do u bring in? Ndidi? He is already in the team. Etebo? Good player but not a DM. Mikel would be the player coming off.....certainly not Obi and I hope that Ogu is also a starter.....so u need the hard worker like Onazi, cos you won't bring in Mikel Agu.....for anyone
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

No Omeruo?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Onazi had one real poor game but I think he should go. Tbh, nobody that is dropped now will be consequential anyway. All the guys on the block are on about the same level.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

It's going to be 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 6 midfielders and 6 forwards.

He will take two per position. The two overloaded positions are right defensive midfielder and left back. Its between Ndidi, Agu and Onazi at RM and Idowu, Aina and Echiejile.Agu will be dropped as will Aina.
Last edited by kali on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Don't you see that will NOT happen - assuming the rumor or what is stated by Cmoke is true? Let it go, the coaches know why they picked him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ken is part of the team, he is one of our best playing CB.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Where is Kenneth Omeruo on your list?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cmoke wrote:He wont be dropped!

You need experienced players if you are going to the world cup with young players.

Plus coach already said the reason he is playing Onazi and Joel is to get them match fit!

He could drop joel but definitely not Onazi!

Why did he look like the least experienced player yesterday. Where is his experience, is experience something that is quantifiable, or just something that we assume is there? The whole point of experience is that it should count for something, either how to lead the line, what to expect or how to be composed.

Onazi showed zero experience yesterday. His upside right now is that he can be used to see games out and prevent our better options from being injured or fatiguing.

I have seen experience before, it is quantifiable..it is not guesswork. I saw it when Papilo was on his last legs. He was the least fit player on the pitch, frail and literally on his last legs, but he had all the vision from experience that somehow made him even better than everyone else on the pitch! He knew how to find space. Experience is not about tallying up, it is about knowing how to perform under the conditions. If you cannot exhibit experience, you do not have it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cmoke wrote:Dont stay up waiting for official list.

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba FC), Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain), Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa).

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Tyrone Ebuehi , Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge KSV, Belgium), Brian Idowu (Amkar Perm, Russia), Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France), William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany).

Midfielders: John Obi Mikel (Tianjin Teda, China), Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey), Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England), Oghenekaro Etebo (UD Las Palmas, Spain), John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel), Joel Obi

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England),, Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England), Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai, China), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England), Simi Nwankwo.

Siddon look

Nailed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lolly wrote:No Omeruo?
Naive in the extreme! At this rate, Omeruo will even be starting.
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Olaoluwa Aina and Mikel Agu have travelled to Austria with the team.

They have been retained on the stand by team.

Siddon look

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Goalkeepers:Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain), Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba FC), , Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa).

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Tyrone Ebuehi(Benfica FC, Portugal) , Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge KSV, Belgium), Brian Idowu (Amkar Perm, Russia), Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France), William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey), Leon Balogun (Brighton, England), Kenneth Omeruo(Kisampasa FC, Turkey)

Midfielders: John Obi Mikel (Tianjin Teda, China), Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey), Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England), Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal), John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel), Joel Obi(Torino FC, Italy)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England),, Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England), Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai, China), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England), Simi Nwankwo(Crotone FC, Italy)

Standby:
Ola Aina
Mikel Agu
Junior Lokossa
Uche Agbo(can also play as center half)
Dele Ajiboye
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Apart from Mikel experienced players is Achilles heel of this team. Look at the group of our so called experienced player. Onazi very deplorable in his last two outings . Echejille dilapidated left fullback then brainless headless chicken.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ewu Ayo,

Na so u mumu reach?

Omeruo dey there, I just no type him name make dem no know na expo.
If u sabi count, u go know say na only 22 I write.

Everybodi know 25 dey camp. I tell u the 2 standby.

Ewu, it means the remaining 23 go!

On another thread, I even raised the possibility of Aina and Agu travelling with the team just like Onigbinde took the young Osaze go world cup!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Lolly wrote:No Omeruo?
Naive in the extreme! At this rate, Omeruo will even be starting.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Thank u, my broda!

If u remember a few months ago, I been tell one CE mumu say him list dey premature, and I say I go give una de expo list at the right time like now!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
zee wrote:

Siddon look

Nailed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Anyone who got the team sheet yesterday will know that Rohr has already picked his 23. The jersey numbers alone said it:

[1] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[2] Bryan Idowu
[3] Elderson Echiejile
[4] Kenneth Omeruo
[5] Leon Balogun
[6] William Ekong
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Oghene Etebo
[9] Odion Ighalo
[10] Mikel Obi
[11] Victor Moses
[12] Shehu Abdullahi