Onazi is an Error!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TheTactician
Egg
Egg
Onazi is an Error!

Post by TheTactician »

Onazi is perhaps the worst Nigerian player to ever put on a jersey. Simple 5 yard passes, e no fit. Spatial awareness, e no fit. Off ball intelligence, him no get am. The guy is a complete error and should be dropped. He's exponentially worse than any player in the team. The guy no even better past NPL midfielders. He should have been removed in minute 20. Rohr should seriously delete this guy from the team.
Last edited by TheTactician on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg
Re: Onazi is an Error!

Post by Chriskendo43 »

We need to get rid of Onazi in super eagle the guy is foul engine and lack composure
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chriskendo43 wrote:We need to get rid of Onazi in super eagle the guy is foul engine and lack composure
That V-captain band dey disturb everybody.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

He should not be starting but belongs to the team.

Watch the 3rd goal vs. Algeria at home and the 4th goal vs Cameroon at home and you'll see that he has some football intelligence and can be good on the counter. Of course he hit the SE like a bolt out of the blue in 2013-14.

Problem is that playing in Turkey vs Italy seems to have affected his play, and he is putting up a lot of stinkers for the SE as well.

No real risk of being dropped, but it looks like he will have limited to no impact as a starter. Maybe as a sub.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Chriskendo43 wrote:We need to get rid of Onazi in super eagle the guy is foul engine and lack composure
I have been saying this for a couple of years now on this forum, and was being told off each time. Nothing against him, but it is good that his deficiency is now being found out before the actual competition. 2013 was 5 years ago!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Haba. He simply had a bad game. This is unnecessary!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

To call this a bad game is understatement. If I picked a random secondary school player and dropped him on that Wembley field, he’d have performed equivalent to what Onazi put up
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:To call this a bad game is understatement. If I picked a random secondary school player and dropped him on that Wembley field, he’d have performed equivalent to what Onazi put up
I agree, but the worst player to ever don the green white green? Cmon now!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

TheTactician wrote:Onazi is perhaps the worst Nigerian player to ever put on a jersey.
rubbish
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

metalalloy wrote:Haba. He simply had a bad game. This is unnecessary!
You dey mind buffoons :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:lol: I thought you were gonna pull the plug on CE after the 1st half. E be like say you don calm down :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

zee wrote:
He's had several, & there is no need to insult people.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:To call this a bad game is understatement. If I picked a random secondary school player and dropped him on that Wembley field, he’d have performed equivalent to what Onazi put up
I agree, but the worst player to ever don the green white green? Cmon now!

Metal, I can’t say the worst player but it certainly is one of the top 5 worst performances I’ve seen a player put up playing for the SE ...and I’m just trying to be cautious by saying top 5...I don’t remember A worse one. Baruwa vs Mijatovic? Rufai vs Denmark?? Garba Lawal vs ?? in the late 90s? I just don’t remember a performance this bad. I’ve defintiely seen worse players but their impact was limited and they weren’t allowed to do much damage ...but Onazi was a human wrecking ball against us today
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

truetalk wrote:
zee wrote:
He's had several, & there is no need to insult people.
You are a buffoon too. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

smartbrother wrote:
TheTactician wrote:Onazi is perhaps the worst Nigerian player to ever put on a jersey.
rubbish
I'more than open to changing my mind. Please inform me of worse individual performances at the national team level. Even the likes of Uchebo were never this bad. Its not just this game that Onazi has been bad for. His woeful performances have been going on for a while.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
:lol: I thought you were gonna pull the plug on CE after the 1st half. E be like say you don calm down :mrgreen:
Bros I was close. The second half helped a lot! :rotf:

Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

player like Onazi will always concede free in dangerous area which will give our opponent chance to score us in set pieces even if we play better because we don't seems to be good in defending set pieces, that first goal was clear evidence.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Kelechi Nwakali
Ovie Ejaira
Ifeanyi Matthew
Obinna Nwobodo
Anderson Esiti

All the above have more to offer.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

TheTactician wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
rubbish
I'more than open to changing my mind. Please inform me of worse individual performances at the national team level. Even the likes of Uchebo were never this bad. Its not just this game that Onazi has been bad for. His woeful performances have been going on for a while.
When I call some of you clowns 'football-know-nothings', I know what I am saying.
Onazi :thumbs: never had a 'good game' for Nigeria , right?
That's why France singled him out for the 'TAKEDOWN' ....and we all know he good we looked after his injury.

Anyway.......................even football-gasheads also have opinions too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Onazi, game for some time now has been a concern. He used to be one of our best midfielders pairing Mikel very well then and our game against France I was so angry with Pogba, I think reason why I never like Pobga till date because I concluded that his ugly tackle on Onazi made us to lose that game. Onazi need to be seriously talked to by our team Psychologists... hope something is not bothering him privately.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

TheTactician wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
rubbish
chief, Onazi has never been good in possession. He has never been a good passer of the ball
many discerning fans here picked up on this and pointed it out a long time ago. (search the archives of the forum if you dont believe me)

Under Keshi he was played in a two man defensive midfield alongside Mikel one of the most gifted holding midfielders in world football
Onazi was the destroyer Mikel was the organizer
Under Rohr he has been forced to play the holding midfield role with mikel moved further up the pitch
This has cruelly exposed his poor passing range.
Rohr doesnt seem to understand you need a holding midfielder or at least a natural passer in midfield to complement enforcers like Onazi, Agu and Ndidi
to make matters worse he was paired today with the totally useless and anonymous joel obi who specializes in doing nothing
The holding midfield role is one of the most specialized in football.
If you drew a venn diagram of onazi's skillset and those of a natural holding midfielder, you would get two circles with no overlap.

As a destroyer Onazi is one of the best Nigeria has ever been blessed with.
To say he is the worst Nigerian player ever is simply outrageous
i think you are letting your emotions get the best of you.
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

zee wrote:
TheTactician wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
rubbish
When I call some of you clowns 'football-know-nothings', I know what I am saying.
Onazi :thumbs: never had a 'good game' for Nigeria , right?
That's why France singled him out for the 'TAKEDOWN' ....and we all know he good we looked after his injury.

Anyway.......................even football-gasheads also have opinions too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meh all I know is I see Onazi anywhere in the vicinity of the field in Russia, I go vex. If Rohr is insistent on taking him, he should be super glued to the bench. Useless player.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Vindave wrote:Onazi, game for some time now has been a concern. He used to be one of our best midfielders pairing Mikel very well then and our game against France I was so angry with Pogba, I think reason why I never like Pobga till date because I concluded that his ugly tackle on Onazi made us to lose that game. Onazi need to be seriously talked to by our team Psychologists... hope something is not bothering him privately.
Pogba? Did they change the player? Used to be Matuidi