Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Toure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Tou

Post by airwolex »

Busquets is not better than Yaya at DM. Yaya played a lot of CD for Barca and if he could do that he could definitely play DM - better than Busquets anyway.

Don't know about not liking Africans but he treated Yaya like trash, we can pretend but it was definitely not for footballing reasons.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:Busquets is not better than Yaya at DM. Yaya played a lot of CD for Barca and if he could do that he could definitely play DM - better than Busquets anyway.

Don't know about not liking Africans but he treated Yaya like trash, we can pretend but it was definitely not for footballing reasons.
I disagree. Busquets is one of the best DMs I have ever seen in my entire life.

Funny enough, Yaya is NOT even a DM. He is a 6 or his second position, a 10.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Not even close. Just lucky to be in Barca.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:CE defends more racists than any White supremacy website.
:lol: :lol: I thought we had already concluded that it is blacks born in Africa that Pep doesn't like?
Why? Are they not "intelligent" enough to play on his teams?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: apparently not
It's sad how people think racism is only calling a man nigger. It's truly sad how a man like Yaya Touré ran out of Barcelona after assisting with their most successful team would go on to create and even better legacy at Manchester City only for people to turn on him after Pep arrives.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:
:lol: If you say so.

I dont think I have seen anyone read the game as good as he does. Busquets dictates how the game goes. That's how good he is.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
:lol: :lol: I thought we had already concluded that it is blacks born in Africa that Pep doesn't like?
It's sad how people think racism is only calling a man nigger. It's truly sad how a man like Yaya Touré ran out of Barcelona after assisting with their most successful team would go on to create and even better legacy at Manchester City only for people to turn on him after Pep arrives.
What I find most amazing is how those who "want to wait for evidence" before they castigate their master, are bringing out unrelated stories to insult Africans. Talking about age cheating, talking about another player's mother, talking about Kelechi not doing well at Leicester... etc etc.. but they want to wait first before they say anything against Pep. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How disgustingly sad.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Yaya should zip up,when we beg him to come to Arsenal after City sign Pep,he refused to take pay cut and now complain as if this is news.
I know Pep hates African players and players with big ego, I don't need Yaya who is a drama queen to tell me,imagine if Pep was incharge during the cake incident :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Well I don't like Pep and Jose but respect them as winners.What they did to Arsenal and Wenger make me never like them worst Jose.So I will not blame Pep for his hate or likes as its his choice.But if I happen to see him some where and no one can report me to police,no camera I will knock him down to put some sense in his head.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You guys keep saying Busquets dictates the plays; this is what people say when a player has no obvious qualities, we start talking about intagibles. Me I prefer the likes of Makalele, Kante, Gatusso, Mikel, Davids, De Jong etc.
Last edited by airwolex on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

King Futcha wrote:"Everyone wanted to play but the coach offered me the job of playing at left-back, a position in which I had never played.

"He said it was fine. No-one would refuse to play a Champions League final, but I'm not selfish [and said I wasn't comfortable]," he added.

"I think that's why I have his respect."

So Pep tried to 'expose' the great Seydou by playing him at left-back with the world watching.. wow.
:lol: :lol: So Pep should have benched Xavi or Iniesta for Keita.

PS: Puyol (captain, Euros winner at CB) played RB in the 2009 CL final b/c Dani Alves was suspended.
http://www.naijiant.com/
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Why the long debate??

If you watch Eto's interview, he says the exact same thing that Yaya is saying.
This is nothing new. And if it keeps on happening to the same profile of player, at some point you need to ask if Pep is not the problem.

[/video]
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
What I find most amazing is how those who "want to wait for evidence" before they castigate their master, are bringing out unrelated stories to insult Africans. Talking about age cheating, talking about another player's mother, talking about Kelechi not doing well at Leicester... etc etc.. but they want to wait first before they say anything against Pep. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How disgustingly sad.
So are you agreeing Pep is a racist?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
The evidence is in action, see how he liked Seydou's meekness compared to African men who knew their worth like Yaya and Eto'o? Eto'o scored 36 goals the season before he sold him, but I guess that isn't understanding the system in Pep's world.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cic old boy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:"Everyone wanted to play but the coach offered me the job of playing at left-back, a position in which I had never played.

"He said it was fine. No-one would refuse to play a Champions League final, but I'm not selfish [and said I wasn't comfortable]," he added.

So Pep tried to 'expose' the great Seydou by playing him at left-back with the world watching.. wow.

PS: Puyol (captain, Euros winner at CB) played RB in the 2009 CL final b/c Dani Alves was suspended.
If I'm not mistaken didn't Puyol have a history of playing RB?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kalani JR wrote: Why? Are they not "intelligent" enough to play on his teams?
I have already asked a similar question in an earlier post.
cic old boy wrote:Let's assume Yaya is right that Pep doesn't like African players, it begs the question why? We know he has spent megabucks on the likes of Mendy and he thought the world of Alaba. So it is not about race. I suspect it may have something to do with tactical discipline. Gullit said the time to coach kids is from 7-15 and after that they would have developed bad habits you can't coach out of them. Many African players move to Europe in their 20s and may have formed such habits. Vogts complained about Nigerians lacking awareness of space. Does Pep have an alleged problem with Africans for tactical reasons? I won't rule it out, considering he's obsessive about details.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

airwolex wrote:Busquets is not better than Yaya at DM. Yaya played a lot of CD for Barca and if he could do that he could definitely play DM - better than Busquets anyway.

He is better than Yaya IMO at the DM spot. He always was
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

cic old boy wrote:

a) nowhere did I say that, I said he tried to humiliate a legend by playing him at a position he never played before
b) I am sure puyol, a defender and not midfielder had played right-back at some point.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

YUJAM wrote:

He is better than Yaya IMO at the DM spot. He always was
Anyway Yaya has declined the past few years so not sure what his beef is.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kalani JR wrote:
The evidence is in action, see how he liked Seydou's meekness compared to African men who knew their worth like Yaya and Eto'o? Eto'o scored 36 goals the season before he sold him, but I guess that isn't understanding the system in Pep's world.
When Pep took the Barca job he said Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Deco should go. He later agreed to give Eto'o one more season. Those 3 were blamed for the disruption that led to Barca finishing 3rd and Rijkaard's sacking for not instilling discipline.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Guys, let us be careful with throwing some names ard. I'm a Barca fan and big admirer of Pep. I have to admit that there's a general DISRESPECT for African talents.....won't go as far to generalize to racism though....... Busquets is better than YAYA, period! As Cruyff said " You don't see busquets if you saw the game, but if you watch Busquets, then you can see the game"! Dude is the best I've ever seen in that position. Please pay close attention to Busqets next time he plays. I don't see anything fantastic that Gabriel Jesus brings to the table to jettison Kelechi for him. Dude isn't nothing spectacular, period! There's a general bias of coaches adapting tactics to bring out the best in certain players and Brazilian players benefit the most from that....Coaches play to their strenght all the time
Can't complete this without talking about Eto'o......I have mad respect for Eto....he could have been less confrontational....but still love him. The likes of Umtiti and Song came to Barca given what Sam did
Last edited by The real deal on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

airwolex wrote:
Bros I agree with you 100%. A DM in the system where Barcelona have the ball all day is what again? A deep-lying CM? His defensive qualities are lost on me and his ability to "dictate" play will completely evaporate in a team where he has to do his actual job - be a defensive midfielder in the mold of Makalele, Gatusso or Kante.

Funny enough Pep does not use a DM at City neither did he use one at Bayern. In both cases he plays with 2-way midfielders like Fernandinho or Vidal. To create a place for Busquets at Barca he decided he was going to play a DM because that was the only way they could justify keeping Yaya on the bench.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
you see am too? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

King Futcha wrote:
a) nowhere did I say that, I said he tried to humiliate a legend by playing him at a position he never played before
b) I am sure puyol, a defender and not midfielder had played right-back at some point.
a) You suggested it b/c Keita plays in positions occupied by 2 legends.
b) Midfielders play in defence all the time. Delph had never played LB b/4. Pep is product of the Barca/Ajax school. Bergkamp said that at Ajax Academy they had forwards playing in defence to understand defenders' mentality.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The real deal wrote:Guys, let us be careful with throwing some names ard. I'm a Barca fan and big admirer of Pep. I have to admit that there's a general DISRESPECT for African talents.....won't go as far to generalize to racism though....... Busquets is better than YAYA, period! As Cruyff said " You don't see busquets if you saw the game, but if you watch Busquets, then you can see the game"! Dude is the best I've ever seen in that position. Please pay close attention to Busqets next time he plays. I don't see anything fantastic that Gabriel Jesus brings to the table to jettison Kelechi for him. Dude isn't nothing spectacular, period! There's a general bias of coaches adapting tactics to bring out the best in certain players and Brazilian players benefit the most from that....Coaches play to their strenght all the time
Can't complete this without talking about Eto'o......I have mad respect for Eto....he could have been less confrontational....but still love him. The likes of Umtiti and Song came to Barca given what Sam did
When people say pay close attention and things like that I think they are trying too hard. We are all veteran ball watchers, we don't need to pay extra attention to recognize players. When people start saying - pay attention - he reads the game - only coaches and fellow players appreciate him - you are generally dealing with a player of limited ability.

I have seen Busquet play plenty of time and for me, he is like Nicky Butt - an unremarkable but effective player among greats.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Thank God Yaya had those 4 years at City. It was a blessing in disguise that he left Barca.

As for Pep hating Africans, na hin know. Yaya is a drama Queen but we've seen worse. Absolutely no reason for Pep to treat Man City's best player like garbage. Being African could have made it easier to do.
Last edited by airwolex on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.