Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Toure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The real deal
Egg
Egg
Re: Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Tou

Post by The real deal »

niyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
I disagree. Busquets is one of the best DMs I have ever seen in my entire life.
Not even close. Just lucky to be in Barca.
Bros I agree with you 100%. A DM in the system where Barcelona have the ball all day is what again? A deep-lying CM? His defensive qualities are lost on me and his ability to "dictate" play will completely evaporate in a team where he has to do his actual job - be a defensive midfielder in the mold of Makalele, Gatusso or Kante.

Funny enough Pep does not use a DM at City neither did he use one at Bayern. In both cases he plays with 2-way midfielders like Fernandinho or Vidal. To create a place for Busquets at Barca he decided he was going to play a DM because that was the only way they could justify keeping Yaya on the bench.

Seriously :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Come on....someone will go this far to keep someone out......And why was Eto in the same team???
Extremism is not a good thing
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Bros I agree with you 100%. A DM in the system where Barcelona have the ball all day is what again? A deep-lying CM? His defensive qualities are lost on me and his ability to "dictate" play will completely evaporate in a team where he has to do his actual job - be a defensive midfielder in the mold of Makalele, Gatusso or Kante.
When people claim that Busi doesnt know how to defend i immediately realize that they have never watched him.
Funny enough Pep does not use a DM at City neither did he use one at Bayern. In both cases he plays with 2-way midfielders like Fernandinho or Vidal. To create a place for Busquets at Barca he decided he was going to play a DM because that was the only way they could justify keeping Yaya on the bench.
First of, Fernandinho plays as a DM for City. I have zero idea what you mean by a 2 way midfielder. Thank you for creating another fake position to back up your week point. :rotf:

Are you also going to tell us that these guys were "2 way midfielders?' :rotf:

Xabi Alonso
Javi martinez - first season
Fernando
And Toure under Pep?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yaya Touré claims that Pep Guardiola ‘does not like Afri

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:What’s new...see how the guy shipped off Kele even with his stats.
What is he doing at the moment with Leicester City?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
When people claim that Busi doesnt know how to defend i immediately realize that they have never watched him.
First of, Fernandinho plays as a DM for City. I have zero idea what you mean by a 2 way midfielder. Thank you for creating another fake position to back up your week point. :rotf:

Xabi Alonso
Fernando
And Toure under Pep?
box to box midfielders.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Xabi Alonso
Fernando
And Toure under Pep?
box to box midfielders.
Are Xabi, Javi, Fernando box to box midfielders?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

King Futcha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
King Futcha wrote:poor wilfried bony, all he wanted was a chance.
Another one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Ivorian spent two-and-a-half seasons at the Etihad and was not considered an option under Pep Guardiola.
another coincidence.
And we can see how well he's doing at his current club.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

platinum wrote:Oh boy, here we go again with Yaya Toure.

No case here, at this stage of his career, the guys who played this last season are better than him. When he was moved on at Barca, the guys who played were better then.
Not true!
Yaya went to the African Nation's cup and Busquets stepped up to fill the void.
When Yaya came back, Pep didn't want to change a winning team, plus Busquets is Catalan.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The Ivorian spent two-and-a-half seasons at the Etihad and was not considered an option under Pep Guardiola.
another coincidence.
so grand wizard pep saw the future and decided not to give him a chance because he knew he would fail when he went to stoke and swansea... ok.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Xabi Alonso
Fernando
And Toure under Pep?
box to box midfielders.
Are Xabi, Javi, Fernando box to box midfielders?
How often did he use Fernando? He mostly used Javi Martinez as a CD. I am looking up Fernandinho and Xabi's heatmaps now and trying to compare their average positions to Busquet's average position. I can't find a lot of stuff and I'm not dedicated or passionate enough about this topic but my recollection is that Xabi and Fernandinho play more as Central Midfielders and Busquets plays as a dedicated DM.

I am not claiming it's racism but there's definitely a teacher's pet situation going on because even when Mascherano joined, instead of allowing him to duke it out with Busquets at DM, they converted him into a CD.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

King Futcha wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
another coincidence.
so grand wizard pep saw the future and decided not to give him a chance because he knew he would fail when he went to stoke and swansea... ok.
No, he assessed (correctly) he wasn't required and let him go. He's about results and the numbers this season prove that. No be everybody wey get African mentality, it's the reason why we enter a tournament and aim to get to semi finals.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Sergio belongs in a La masia generation we will come to miss in a few years. If Spain win the WC again ( Which i quietly predict they will), watch out for Busquets. For Yaya, be quiet, you are a great player........Do not tarnish your legacy by talking like a small man
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

not very surprised...Eto once said same thing...
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The real deal wrote:

Sergio belongs in a La masia generation we will come to miss in a few years. If Spain win the WC again ( Which i quietly predict they will), watch out for Busquets. For Yaya, be quiet, you are a great player........Do not tarnish your legacy by talking like a small man
yes, the African is the small man, while your god who hates you and your family is beyond any criticism :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The real deal wrote:

No disrespect and I hate to go off-topic but you support Trump. It's never racism to you
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
The real deal wrote:

No disrespect and I hate to go off-topic but you support Trump. It's never racism to you
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kabalega wrote:
platinum wrote:Oh boy, here we go again with Yaya Toure.

No case here, at this stage of his career, the guys who played this last season are better than him. When he was moved on at Barca, the guys who played were better then.
Not true!
Yaya went to the African Nation's cup and Busquets stepped up to fill the void.
When Yaya came back, Pep didn't want to change a winning team, plus Busquets is Catalan.
Not sure if I need to rephrase. Busquets is better than Yaya at the position, HOW Busquets got into the team doesn't matter.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yes! defend your master! how dare these useless Africans speak ill of the master! :rotf: :rotf: How much of a starter was Seydou? and how many Africans has Pep purchased? he has coached 3 teams.
Pep could hate Africans, but Keita's mama won't start him b/4 Xavi and Iniesta.

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:What’s new...see how the guy shipped off Kele even with his stats.
What is he doing at the moment with Leicester City?
He’s in camp at the moment sir :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mouko wrote:not very surprised...Eto once said same thing...
The ones who have worked closely with him are telling you the business and we outsiders are here arguing.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The real deal wrote:Guys, let us be careful with throwing some names ard. I'm a Barca fan and big admirer of Pep. I have to admit that there's a general DISRESPECT for African talents.....won't go as far to generalize to racism though....... Busquets is better than YAYA, period! As Cruyff said " You don't see busquets if you saw the game, but if you watch Busquets, then you can see the game"! Dude is the best I've ever seen in that position. Please pay close attention to Busqets next time he plays. I don't see anything fantastic that Gabriel Jesus brings to the table to jettison Kelechi for him. Dude isn't nothing spectacular, period! There's a general bias of coaches adapting tactics to bring out the best in certain players and Brazilian players benefit the most from that....Coaches play to their strenght all the time
Can't complete this without talking about Eto'o......I have mad respect for Eto....he could have been less confrontational....but still love him. The likes of Umtiti and Song came to Barca given what Sam did

Did you just compare Gabby Jesus to kele? Ok whatever

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

have seen Busquet play plenty of time and for me, he is like Nicky Butt - an unremarkable but effective player among great
Wole you just compared Busquets to Nicky Butt, really? :rotf:

I’m no fan of Barca but this is more about your head no dey house :rotf:

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
mouko wrote:not very surprised...Eto once said same thing...
The ones who have worked closely with him are telling you the business and we outsiders are here arguing.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: but but but... Yaya is an age cheat, Eto'o is known for being cantankerous, kele has failed at Leicester... but but but.. Mama Keita is an ashawo.... but but but lets wait for more evidence before we say anything against the Massa.... the Africans are demons.. wait! but but but...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Funny enough, the ones that are usually closest to Africans are usually the most racist: Italians, Spanish...