Argentina's Preparations

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Argentina's Preparations

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina's Preparations

Post by metalalloy »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why not move the game to a neutral venue?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bret- hart wrote:Why not move the game to a neutral venue?

Isreal wey invite you go gree go play for neutral venue for wetin?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I dont want to bring politics into this,...but why in God's good name will anyone want to play Israel in a friendly?
Especially after what they have been doing recently to Palestinians?

Politics aside, what kind of football pedigree does Israel have that they get to play a nation like Argentina in preparation of a world cup?
Argentina's preparation has been shambolic to say the least.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Why should they? This is God's will :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

metalalloy wrote:

Isreal wey invite you go gree go play for neutral venue for wetin?

Tel Aviv would have been a good venue tho I see why Messi and co would opt out. He has a massive fan base in the Arab world plus Barca is sponsored by Qatar airlines..i think :?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I guess at this rate it may have been better to play Argentina first. They will have smoothed out any kinks by the time they meet us.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

E go do people like film trick when Arg knack everybody and collect 9 pts from the group.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:I dont want to bring politics into this,...but why in God's good name will anyone want to play Israel in a friendly?

Politics aside, what kind of football pedigree does Israel have that they get to play a nation like Argentina in preparation of a world cup?
same reason they play in UEFA
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:E go do people like film trick when Arg knack everybody and collect 9 pts from the group.

man, I am beginning to love you man :rotf: :thumbs:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:E go do people like film trick when Arg knack everybody and collect 9 pts from the group.
E go do people like sinima when Argentina fail to get out of the group!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

This has already started shaking... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The writing is on the wall for Argentina. A talented but aging team on its last legs. It figures to be a very tough and quite probably disappointing World Cup for Argentina :!:

Cheers.
Zachi Mike
Egg
Egg

Post by Zachi Mike »

charlie wrote:I dont want to bring politics into this,...but why in God's good name will anyone want to play Israel in a friendly?

you dont want to get into politics but you just did.
I'm an Israeli, fan of nigeria for more then 25 years. It bothers me to here saying like " what they have been doing recently to Palestinians"
you can ask john Ogu or nay other nigerian player who ever played in Israel, the last thing we want is war.
But when people(terrorists) try to harm us we respond. when the palestinians receive money and instead of using it for prosperity and build their economy use it for buliding tunnels
in order to kill innocent people it is our right to defend ourselves! Make no mistake, they dont want peace, they want to kill us. they are poor because of their actions.
I agree Israel national team are poor and far from level of argentina. but also haiti.
they wanted to come here for luck (they used to do it in the past), but because of BDS and treats they received on their lives from pro palestinas made them change their minds.
Lucky for us, they will not have the luck they were searching for on Russia:)
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

You want this to get political?

1. Fact 1: No matter how you look at it Palestinians have more right to Israeli land than most Israelis. The only reason Israel exists is because the Alliants decided to right one wrong by perpetuating another (I don't blame Jews for this, but that's a historical fact).
2. Fact 2: The only just solution is to give all Palestinians equal rights and to forego the racist, ethnic-based regime functioning in Israel. But it is also unlikely. The other possible solution is being torpedoed by right wing fascists like Netanjahu, who are appropriating Palestinian land and building walls, while not giving Palestinians real independence.
3. Fact 3: Israel operates an apartheid system.
4. Fact 4: Moving the venue to Jerusalem was a political ploy and your useless racist, warmongering government knew full well what it is doing.
5. Fact 5: Palestinians once fought with appeals, than with rocks, than with force. It's a natural progression when one side has all the power, the other has almost none. The Palestinian side are not angels, because they are just flawed human beings, but Palestinians do have the moral highground in this debate and are fighting with the few last options they have. Also - the disproportion in use of force and murderous predispositions of the Israeli army was very well evident during the Jerusalema Embassy debacle.
6. Fact 6: When there is such a disproportionate military force in a conflict like this, the conflict can only be ended if the dominant force wants real peace (unlikely with war criminal Netanjahu at the helm) or via external pressure.
7. Fact 7: Israel should long have had the same treatment apartheid South Africa had: banning from international sports, crippling sanctions, etc. The only reason it doesn't is because of the irresponsible politics of the USA.

And forgive me, but you are just an superb example of all the brainwashing Israelis are put through in school. You all repeat the same untruths and exaggerations, with the odd man out managing to have a mind of his own.
Last edited by marutimon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

And remember:
One sided used slingshots, molotov coctails and protested.
The other side had snipers with guns and murdered 58 people, injuring thousands other.

They is no justifying what Israel did here.

Sorry, but this is on Netanjahu and his murderous regime.
Zachi Mike
Egg
Egg

Post by Zachi Mike »

marutimon wrote:You want this to get political?

1. Fact 1: No matter how you look at it Palestinians have more right to Israeli land than most Israelis. The only reason Israel exists is because the Alliants decided to right one wrong by perpetuating another (I don't blame Jews for this, but that's a historical fact).
2. Fact 2: The only just solution is to give all Palestinians equal rights and to forego the racist, ethnic-based regime functioning in Israel. But it is also unlikely. The other possible solution is being torpedoed by right wing fascists like Netanjahu, who are appropriating Palestinian land and building walls, while not giving Palestinians real independence.
4. Fact 4: Moving the venue to Jerusalem was a political ploy and your useless racist, warmongering government knew full well what it is doing.
5. Fact 5: Palestinians once fought with appeals, than with rocks, than with force. It's a natural progression when one side has all the power, the other has almost none. The Palestinian side are not angels, because they are just flawed human beings, but Palestinians do have the moral highground in this debate and are fighting with the few last options they have. Also - the disproportion in use of force and murderous predispositions of the Israeli army was very well evident during the Jerusalema Embassy debacle.
6. Fact 6: When there is such a disproportionate military force in a conflict like this, the conflict can only be ended if the dominant force wants real peace (unlikely with war criminal Netanjahu at the helm) or via external pressure.
7. Fact 7: Israel should long have had the same treatment apartheid South Africa had: banning from international sports, crippling sanctions, etc. The only reason it doesn't is because of the irresponsible politics of the USA.

And forgive me, but you are just an superb example of all the brainwashing Israelis are put through in school. You all repeat the same untruths and exaggerations, with the odd man out managing to have a mind of his own.
First of all, dont you think its funny telling me i'm brainwashed while I live here and you abroad?
Second adding the word "Fact" at the begining of sentence doesnt make it a fact, and because people like you others will think also its a fact.
"Fact 1" - we and the arabs share the same history, and we both agree Israel has its right, ignoring alliants decision which is enough.
"Fact 2"- the only solution is 2 countries but it torrpedos by terrorists.
"Fact 3" - Israel is the most humanitarian country on earth.
"Fact 4" - Agree - it was political - but its our capital and we will have it where we want. the days we care about what other thinks are over.
"Fact 5" - Ok you just justified terror.
"Fact 6" - the dominant force wants peace. you cant do peace with people who want you to vanish
"Fact 7" - why? we try to live in peace normal life, why would you let terror win?
It seems to me that you have been the brainwashed here. let me guess, you dont live in nigeria and probably you are a minority in your country. as always it is easy to preach to the whole
world until terror hits your backyard . I'm sure you have nothing to say about the day to day killing in Syria.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I've seen Israeli teenagers being ridiculously shuttled around Poland in armored vehicles and heard what drivel they been fed to by their teachers at Auschwitz. So I know what kind of brainwashing Israelis are victim of.

"Fact 1" - Some of the Jews in Israel have 100% rights to be there. But most of them, especially the 'mad right wing ones' which primarily hail from Russia base their entire rights to Israel on 3000 year old scripture.
"Fact 2"- Yes, terrorists like Netanjahu and Ariel Sharon.
"Fact 3" - "Israel is the most humanitarian country on earth." :biggrin: Oh my god.
"Fact 4" - Choosing Jerusalem was a big FU to the whole world. So the world FU'd you back.
"Fact 5" - I did not justify terror. I understand how it works. And I understand how your government is doing its best for terrorism to be the only face of Palestinian resistance, consistently doing you best to upgrade the threat from rock throwing to suicide bombs.
"Fact 6" - The dominant force wants peace? Then why do you keep electing warmongering corrupt politicians?
"Fact 7" - "why? we try to live in peace normal life, why would you let terror win?" - Yeah, it's like talking to apartheid apologists 30 years back.

"world until terror hits your backyard ."

This is brutal but true: You reap what you sow.
Last edited by marutimon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Zachi Mike wrote:
marutimon wrote:You want this to get political?

First of all, dont you think its funny telling me i'm brainwashed while I live here and you abroad?
Second adding the word "Fact" at the begining of sentence doesnt make it a fact, and because people like you others will think also its a fact.
"Fact 1" - we and the arabs share the same history, and we both agree Israel has its right, ignoring alliants decision which is enough.
"Fact 2"- the only solution is 2 countries but it torrpedos by terrorists.
"Fact 3" - Israel is the most humanitarian country on earth.
"Fact 4" - Agree - it was political - but its our capital and we will have it where we want. the days we care about what other thinks are over.
"Fact 5" - Ok you just justified terror.
"Fact 6" - the dominant force wants peace. you cant do peace with people who want you to vanish
"Fact 7" - why? we try to live in peace normal life, why would you let terror win?
It seems to me that you have been the brainwashed here. let me guess, you dont live in nigeria and probably you are a minority in your country. as always it is easy to preach to the whole
world until terror hits your backyard . I'm sure you have nothing to say about the day to day killing in Syria.

Bro, if you want to talk football, then talk football.

If you want to debate the Arab-Israeli conflict, then go to Rant and Rave.

MODS do your job.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Zachi Mike wrote:

you dont want to get into politics but you just did.
I'm an Israeli, fan of nigeria for more then 25 years. It bothers me to here saying like " what they have been doing recently to Palestinians"
you can ask john Ogu or nay other nigerian player who ever played in Israel, the last thing we want is war.
But when people(terrorists) try to harm us we respond. when the palestinians receive money and instead of using it for prosperity and build their economy use it for buliding tunnels
in order to kill innocent people it is our right to defend ourselves! Make no mistake, they dont want peace, they want to kill us. they are poor because of their actions.
I agree Israel national team are poor and far from level of argentina. but also haiti.
they wanted to come here for luck (they used to do it in the past), but because of BDS and treats they received on their lives from pro palestinas made them change their minds.
Lucky for us, they will not have the luck they were searching for on Russia:)
It is true that there’s a lot of admiration for Israel within Nigeria but it is based on sentiments rather than morality. You won’t gain any traction by justifying the brutality of Israel against Palestinians in their own land. Might is is only right as long as you have it but things can change and then where will you be :?: :!:

Cheers.
Zachi Mike
Egg
Egg

Post by Zachi Mike »

sorry for the debate. god bless you all and let's cheer for our team
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You can blame Trump for this. Match was originally scheduled for Haifa but some Israelis paid to get it moved to Jerusalem (no doubt spurred on by Trump's unilateral declaration of Jerusalem as Israel's capital).