4 year development plan.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
4 year development plan.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr contract expires in 2020

We have to review the world cup performance and make a quick decision if Rohr will be coach going to Qatar. If not sack him and source for funds to pay his buyout. If he is to be retained. Make a 4 year commitment to him.

My preference is for a coach that is attack minded. A coach that will blend good team organization to what we do best as Nigerians. Bring back the Nigerian swag.

We should play the same system at all of the levels of the national teams.

Mandatory training for all Nigerian coaches.

Improve the local league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 4 year development plan.

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr contract expires in 2020

We have to review the world cup performance and make a quick decision if Rohr will be coach going to Qatar. If not sack him and source for funds to pay his buyout. If he is to be retained. Make a 4 year commitment to him.

My preference is for a coach that is attack minded. A coach that will blend good team organization to what we do best as Nigerians. Bring back the Nigerian swag.

Rohr has done well. Unlike Argentina that got beat silly by Croatia, Nigeria's defeat cannot be blamed on Rohr.

We must not be emotional in our decision. We have the nation's cup qualifiers right after the World cup. I do think Rohr performance needs to be evaluated (in totality, not just based on one game) at the end of the Nations cup qualifiers and if it warrants coaching change, a change should made.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

1naija wrote:

1naija, you right... make you no mind noise making Naija people...always looking for scapegoat...every year is about development plan crap...FC no sense of Naija culture, LC is not expose...maybe Naija will need HC (Heaven coach)...

Rohr has done well. Unlike Argentina that got beat silly by Croatia, Nigeria's defeat cannot be blamed on Rohr.

We must not be emotional in our decision. We have the nation's cup qualifiers right after the World cup. I do think Rohr performance needs to be evaluated (in totality, not just based on one game) at the end of the Nations cup qualifiers and if it warrants coaching change, a change should made.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

A loss today...He needs to book a ticket back to Germany.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yes we must not be emotional. Have an objective review process. If he is the guy for Qatar 2022. Give him a 4 year contract. If not let him go. Why keep him and then start looking for another coach in 2020?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

There is and always will be a reason to change a coach.
What we never consider are the reasons NOT to change a coach.

I keep on saying it: 20 coaches in 20 years says more about us as a nation than it does about the coach.
It also says a lot about us in the fact that as fans, we either give excuses for it, minimise the significance of it, but never address this world-record breaking fact for what it really is. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:

There is and always will be a reason to change a coach.
What we never consider are the reasons NOT to change a coach.
I keep on saying it: 20 coaches in 20 years says more about us as a nation than it does about the coach.
It also says a lot about us in the fact that as fans, we either give excuses for it, minimise the significance of it, but never address this world-record breaking fact for what it really is. :idea:
Coach change is inevitable. What I don't want is a coach change 1 year or 2 years before the world cup. It takes time to build a team. If Rohr is the guy. Give him a 4 year contract until after the 2022 world cup. If not sack him. No more 2 year contracts.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is why we never make real progress. Is this the right time to even think about this topic? It just 2 hours before his 2nd game at the WC. Will his contract extended if he wins?

Also, pls name a coach that would have stopped the own goal or Ekong’s attempt to choke his man. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is why we never make real progress. Is this the right time to even think about this topic? It just 2 hours before his 2nd game at the WC. Will his contract extended if he wins?

Also, pls name a coach that would have stopped the own goal or Ekong’s attempt to choke his man. :roll:

Long term planning is a good thing.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I say give the guy 4 more years.
But fire him if we fail to qualify for ANC.
He’s done ok.
The qualifiers were exceptional; he knows how to win in Africa.
In four years he’ll have no excuse to not get to the WC quarters. He already has the bulk of his team. Needs to find a clinical striker, a replacement for JMO and some more options at CD.
So for now, he stays, no matter what.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

A convincing victory today or he shouldn't bother being in charge of our last group game abeg.

I'd like to think we still have some dignity left as a footballing nation (so to speak).
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is why we never make real progress. Is this the right time to even think about this topic? It just 2 hours before his 2nd game at the WC. Will his contract extended if he wins?

Long term planning is a good thing.
What about the one we started 2yrs ago when we couldn’t even qualify for Afcon?
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

cchinukw wrote:A convincing victory today or he shouldn't bother being in charge of our last group game abeg.

I'd like to think we still have some dignity left as a footballing nation (so to speak).
KPOM! Its not always about wins and losses but a promising style of play that shows that there is some coaching matters a well. If they are running around like headless chickens and lose as well then I think its reasonable that his job be evaluated objetively.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I agree here..the real problem with our Football is that the production line of skilled players has ground to a halt... Perversely, I think Mikel's success as a defensive midfielder is the primary reason. the Academies know that European clubs are more likely to buy Defensive Midfielders than any other position (from Africa) so thats where the focus is.

Think about this..any one of Ndidi, Mikel, Onazi and Etebo would stroll into the 1994 team with no problem, on the other hand, any one of our attacking players from 1994 would be a demi god on this year's team

waka-man wrote:I say give the guy 4 more years.
But fire him if we fail to qualify for ANC.
He’s done ok.
The qualifiers were exceptional; he knows how to win in Africa.
In four years he’ll have no excuse to not get to the WC quarters. He already has the bulk of his team. Needs to find a clinical striker, a replacement for JMO and some more options at CD.
So for now, he stays, no matter what.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Also any player above 30 should be dropped from the team. The only exception is the goal keeper.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Rohr is going to be the coach. Give him a 4 year contract until after the world cup. He has redeemed himself. We need a long term plan. Rohr should gather

U13
U17
U20
U23
CHAN coaches

and demand the 4-2-1-3 and 3-5-2 formations must be used for easy integration into the national team. Make a list of all of the top under 25 players in Nigeria and Europe, get them integrated into the team within the next 6 months.