Eight players who should be dropped after the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Eight players who should be dropped after the World Cup

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Daniel Akpeyi
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Uwua Echiejile
[4] Leon Balogun
[5] Ogenyi Onazi
[6] Mikel Obi (Will probably announce his retirement in Russia)
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Joel Obi
tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Eight players who should be dropped after the World Cup

Post by tunde72 »

Onazi never, Musa still there, Joel if injury free is still a member. Mikel to nurture the new ones. Organize sendforth for Akpeyi, Ezenwa and Uwa.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

So don’t want Joel Obi to be the left back????? You don’t think we should wait until we see how the team performs before suggesting who and who should be dropped??

I find it strange how Mrs Ighalo hasn’t scored since the first leg against Cameroon yet no one is suggesting he be dropped. Against England his hold play was none existent but Nigeria should keep on featuring this none scoring striker.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Daniel Akpeyi
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Uwua Echiejile
[4] Leon Balogun
[5] Ogenyi Onazi
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Joel Obi

[1] Daniel Akpeyi: i agree
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa: i agree
[3] Uwua Echiejile: I agree
[4] Leon Balogun: he Should remain. At 29, he is younger than Omeruo or even Awaziem
[5] Ogenyi Onazi: He should stay. He has atleast 2 more years in the SE so far he keeps playing top flight regular club football
[6] Mikel Obi (Will probably announce his retirement in Russia): he has not more than 1 yr left even if he doesnt want to stop
[7] Ahmed Musa: He should stay. He has atleast 2 more years in the SE so far he keeps playing top flight regular club football
[8] Joel Obi: He has atleast 2/3yrs in him if he stays fit and plays regular top flight football

*you forgot to add Odion Ighalo who would be 29 (football age) next week
*John Ogu: he is 30yrs (football age) already.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Iheanacho should be ahead of Ighalo in a 4231/433. Most reports state that Iheanacho has been one of the better players in training.

Would only start ighalo in a 352 alongside Moses or Iheanacho.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Uwua Echiejile
[4] Leon Balogun
[5] Ogenyi Onazi
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Joel Obi

Surprised you did not make it 10! :scared:
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I agree with all except for Mikel and I would also add Ighalo to that list. I think we need to move forward with Iheanacho, Simy, and Sadiq Umar.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Surely too early to judge players that should be dropped. What if they have blinders in Russia?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Already planting poison pills before the WC.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Uwua Echiejile
[4] Leon Balogun
[5] Ogenyi Onazi
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Joel Obi

[1] Daniel Akpeyi: i agree
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa: i agree
[3] Uwua Echiejile: I agree
[4] Leon Balogun: he Should remain. At 29, he is younger than Omeruo or even Awaziem
[5] Ogenyi Onazi: He should stay. He has atleast 2 more years in the SE so far he keeps playing top flight regular club football
[6] Mikel Obi (Will probably announce his retirement in Russia): he has not more than 1 yr left even if he doesnt want to stop
[7] Ahmed Musa: He should stay. He has atleast 2 more years in the SE so far he keeps playing top flight regular club football
[8] Joel Obi: He has atleast 2/3yrs in him if he stays fit and plays regular top flight football

*you forgot to add Odion Ighalo who would be 29 (football age) next week
*John Ogu: he is 30yrs (football age) already.
Honestly do you really want Onazi and Musa to continue their stay with team? I'm totally astonished reading that from you. I used to think you are one of the few in the forum that are unnecessarily expedient .
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tunde72 wrote:Onazi never, Musa still there, Joel if injury free is still a member. Mikel to nurture the new ones. Organize sendforth for Akpeyi, Ezenwa and Uwa.
I think unless he has a great world cup Musa will be axed especially now that there's Sadiq Umar to take his spot. I've noticed we've almost always had at least one northern player in the team regardless of how good they are (Musa, Kaita, Lawal, Babangida) imo they've been largely mediocre). Not sure if it's deliberate or just coincidence. But that's been my observation.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Mikel and at least one senior player that is good enough needs to stay so that we can have some form of leadership and continuity in the team. Also it will help prepare nwakali prepare when he comes of age and eventually takes the #10 shirt from Mikel.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

theYemster wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Onazi never, Musa still there, Joel if injury free is still a member. Mikel to nurture the new ones. Organize sendforth for Akpeyi, Ezenwa and Uwa.
I think unless he has a great world cup Musa will be axed especially now that there's Sadiq Umar to take his spot. I've noticed we've almost always had at least one northern player in the team regardless of how good they are (Musa, Kaita, Lawal, Babangida) imo they've been largely mediocre). Not sure if it's deliberate or just coincidence. But that's been my observation.

At the moment, we have three players of northern extraction in the squad:

Shehu Abdullahi
Ogenyi Onazi
Ahmed Musa
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Haba! They have not played a game yet and this? Mercy please.
To stop trying is to start dying
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

How stupid is this thread? First off the worldcup hasn't even started, however the worst part are the block heads agreeing and listing players .. You people are so easily swapped and have no thinking skills. You just cannot think on your own..my goodness this world is doomed.. so many empty heads walking across the streets daily thinking they make sense
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You want an experienced 26 year old musa to retire after World Cup just for your clients to come in? You’re a joker. Musa still has 4 years in SE while Mikel has another 3 years. Mikel will retire as a deep lying DM
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Shehu Abdullahi
Ogenyi Onazi
Ahmed Musa
Are you sure Onazi is from the North?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

donadoni wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Shehu Abdullahi
Ogenyi Onazi
Ahmed Musa
Are you sure Onazi is from the North?
Ogenyi Onazi is an Igala man from Kogi State. He grew up in Jos though.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

theYemster wrote:

When did you see Sadiq play last that he should replace Musa? My bad ... it was a tribalistic suggestion. :mad: :roll:

All the players you listed were as good as any other player on the team on their good day. How can any sensible Nigerian football fan say Lawal was mediocre?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No player should be dropped. If younger players can't forced them out on merit, they should remain were they are.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

1naija wrote:No player should be dropped. If younger players can't forced them out on merit, they should remain were they are.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
To stop trying is to start dying
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:No player should be dropped. If younger players can't forced them out on merit, they should remain were they are.
Stagnant thinking, a typical Nigerian syndrome... teams are moving on to younger and better players (see what Ghana is doing, solid transition to youth players), yes we might laugh at them now because they DNQ and all, but we won't 2-3 years down when they start winning trophies. And we will be here stuck with mediocre players like Musa, Uwa, and Onazi who are way past their selling date. Only Mikel and Victor Moses should he kept around from the older players to start to groom the new generation that will be built mostly around the likes of Iwobi, Nacho, Ndidi, Nwakali, Awoniyi, Sadiq and the relatively promising young players coming up the ranks. Ghana is fast moving on from the Asamoah's and Ayews and have a Thomas Partey as their star player, with a crop of new faces... if they get their acts together I don't see why they wouldn't win the next Afcon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Uwua Echiejile
[4] Leon Balogun
[5] Ogenyi Onazi
[7] Ahmed Musa
[8] Joel Obi

I don't agree with Balogun, Mikel, or Joel.

If there are not better players to replace them, they should remain.

Balogun should be there for a while, but we should look for younger defenders at the same time

Mikel despite what you think can still play one more WC, even if only a bench option, but yes we need to look for a new player maker (Iwobi, Nwakali)

Joel Obi if stays injury free is still young enough to be in the mix but the likes of Usmain, Azuibikwe, Chide Nwakali, Ifeayani Matthew need to be looked at.

Onazi if he regains fitness can be a bench option who just keeps things simple.

Akpeyi
Echijele
Musa

all have no business in this WC.