Starting 11 at Russia should be.........?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TheTactician
Egg
Egg
Starting 11 at Russia should be.........?

Post by TheTactician »

I'll keep typing this till my keyboard breaks. The clear and obvious starting 11 in russia should be:

------------------------Uzoho-----------------------
----------Ekong--------Leon--------Kenneth or Ogu------
-Ebuehi-----------------------------------------Moses--
----------------Mikel--------------Ndidi-----------------
-----------------------Iwobi-----------------------------
------------Kele------------------Simy------------------

Why or how we keep playing players in their unnatural position is beyond me. Ashley Young plays wing back at Man U, goes to the national team and plays wing back. Moses plays wing back at Chelsea, comes to the national team and plays striker. People are wondering why we're not scoring? Is this a joke? I'm not sure I understand what Rohr's "tactics" are but they're exponentially worse than the late Keshi's. His stubbornness and unwillingness to do the right thing at the right time will guarantee a best case scenario of getting only 1 point in russia. Right now, this team is a joke.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Starting 11 at Russia should be.........?

Post by vancity eagle »

TheTactician wrote:I'll keep typing this till my keyboard breaks. The clear and obvious starting 11 in russia should be:

Why or how we keep playing players in their unnatural position is beyond me. Ashley Young plays wing back at Man U, goes to the national team and plays wing back. Moses plays wing back at Chelsea, comes to the national team and plays striker. People are wondering why we're not scoring? Is this a joke? I'm not sure I understand what Rohr's "tactics" are but they're exponentially worse than the late Keshi's. His stubbornness and unwillingness to do the right thing at the right time will guarantee a best case scenario of getting only 1 point in russia. Right now, this team is a joke.

not a bad lineup actually. But way too much change for the static and conservative Rohr.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The last bout of friendlies tell me that no matter who you put in we are having the same basic issues, im hoping this is a disguise but not able to defend crosses and not reading offside traps is a concern opposition will pounce on easily, they will strategize by pressuring us early, we give up a free kick, corner or worse penalty and the opposition punishes us and sets us up on the counter while effectively executing offside traps

Personnel means squat at this stage, we have ten days to get the basics dead right...practicing taking and defending set pieces should be paramount as well as converting chances
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

vancity eagle wrote:
TheTactician wrote:I'll keep typing this till my keyboard breaks. The clear and obvious starting 11 in russia should be:

not a bad lineup actually. But way too much change for the static and conservative Rohr.
It's the best and most logical line up for our squad. It really shouldn't even be a debate. The back 4 are in their best positions where they're most comfortable. Ebuehi gives us width, paces, 1v1, and crossing on the right while Moses gives us that on the left. Mikel can sit back and orchestrate the play from the back while being shielded by Ndidi. It also reduces the amount of running he has to do and gives the defenders a confident option to play to from the back. He's also quite secure with the ball reducing the amount of turnovers that are likely to occur in our half. Iwobi is giving license to combine with both strikers up front and the wing backs. Kele and Simi in theory will work well together because Kele likes to float and Simi can stay central. Furthermore, Simi is unselfish unlike Ighalo and is intelligent enough to play 1-2's and combine well with others. Finally, Nacho when give the chance can finish easily.

In my opinion, based on the squad we have, there is no better lineup. How the coaches cannot see this is beyond me. It's so ****ing obvious that it hurts to watch such incompetence. Either way, this team as it stands is actually a joke.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Any team that rely on Kelechi, Moses and Ighalo is set up to fail.
Moses had a stinker season past, Ighalo is not exactly setting the Chinese league on fire
Kelechi can’t even get games at Leicester. Then we have Mikel Obi.
Not looking good boys.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

soma wrote:Any team that rely on Kelechi, Moses and Ighalo is set up to fail.
Moses had a stinker season past, Ighalo is not exactly setting the Chinese league on fire
Kelechi can’t even get games at Leicester. Then we have Mikel Obi.
Not looking good boys.
Then why did we even bother qualifying for the WC? Abi? :mrgreen:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Ekong
Ebuehi, Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi, V Moses
Ighalo, Iheanacho
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Ekong
Ebuehi, Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi, V Moses
Ighalo, Iheanacho
I could live with this lineup as well but the only issue is that it takes away a crossing option in the box. Moses cannot play second striker for any reason. He drifts way to much and kills the team spacing. It turns into a 3-6-1 in which the 6 are confused because the spacing is messed up. Ighalo ends up being left alone and he's left with not many options. As a result he starts to drift and the formation turns from a 3-6-1 to a 3-7-0 in which we have no striker. Our players tend to get selfish when they don't get to touch the ball enough and receive enough chances. As a result, we need to setup the team in a way that discourages this behavior. Like I said, I could live with this lineup but it's weak in the air.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Balogun, Ekong, Mikel, Ndidi, Omeruo can help on set pieces. Simi Nwankwo slows down the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

ohenhen1 wrote:Balogun, Ekong, Mikel, Ndidi, Omeruo can help on set pieces. Simi Nwankwo slows down the team.
Aren't you tired of your Simi negative obsession? It is time to believe... let it go!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

akamoke wrote:The last bout of friendlies tell me that no matter who you put in we are having the same basic issues, im hoping this is a disguise but not able to defend crosses and not reading offside traps is a concern opposition will pounce on easily, they will strategize by pressuring us early, we give up a free kick, corner or worse penalty and the opposition punishes us and sets us up on the counter while effectively executing offside traps

Personnel means squat at this stage, we have ten days to get the basics dead right...practicing taking and defending set pieces should be paramount as well as converting chances
The thing about the offside isn't a disguise. Been saying that for a while. It's a problem both offensively and defensively. Offensively we are unable to make probing runs to beat their offside trap while defensively we can't seem to pick up runners or close out channels.

We also can't seem to start games with an up tempo pace until we fall behind. We're Ariosto not able to mount effective counters. Unnecessary passes and dressing of the ball allows the opposition defense to set up shop thus making it harder to break them down.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Ekong
Ebuehi, Etebo Mikel, Ndidi, V Moses
Iwobi, Iheanacho
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ozoho
Ebuehi Ekong Balogun, Idowu
Mikel, Ndidi, Joel Obi
Iwobi, Iheanacho, Victor Moses

Subs
Ighalo
Simy
Etebo
Ogu

Please keep Musa away
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Rufai
Eguaveon Nwanu Uche Iroha
Finidi Oliseh Mutiu Amuneke
Amokachi Yekini

Subs

Wilfred
Agu
Okocha
Siasia
Ekoku
Okafor
Ezeogu
Siasia
Keshi
Ikpeba
Emenalo
Oliha

Standbys: Chukwu Odegbami Atuegbu Lawal Owolabi

Coaches

Westerhof
Bonfere
Chukwu

NFA Chairman - Ikhazabor
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

----------Omeruo--------Leon--------Ekong------
----------------Etebo--------------Ndidi-----------------
-----------------------Mikel-----------------------------
------------Kele------------------Iwobi------------------

Keeps the Kele, Iwobi duo that worked against Argentina. Has two work horses in midfield. Moses is not a natural RWB but as a world class LWB, he'll manage just fine.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Maybe Ahmed Musa should be given a chance to start.
I agree that Kelechi needs to start because he's a very creative forward.

I'm a bit confused and unsure about Moses because it seems like the dude wastes crosses and chances more than anything but yet he's a very fast dude.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Something is wrong with the team. Its essentially the same team that qualified sans Esiti, Agu, and Simon. Coach is looking for that ingredient that has gone missing and has swapped out almost everyone. Maybe time to swap out Uzoho? Maybe he is the one sapping the swag like Akpeyi before him? I say put Ezenwa back in, he qualified them for the world cup and that familiarity and experience might do them some good.

Ezenwa
Ebuehi Balogun Ekong Echiejile
Ndidi Onazi Mikel
Moses Ighalo Iheanacho
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Moses, iwobi and kele cannot start together, one of them gatto come off the bench.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The Tactician: We should play players in their natural position.

Also, The Tactician: Moses should play left-wing back.

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Uzoho
----------Ekong--------Leon--------Ogu------
----------------Etebo--------------Ndidi-----------------
------------Ighalo------------------Kelechi

This squad can play 4231, 442, 352 and 343 without substitutions.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ezenwa
Shehu Ekong Omeruo Echiejile
Moses Mikel Ndidi Iwobi
Ihenacho Ighalo

OR

Ezenwa
Balogun Omeruo Ekong
Ebuehi Mikel Ndidi Iwobi Moses
Ihenacho Ighalo

Cheers.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Mr Rohr blew it with his gratuitous loyalty to players like Musa ,IGhalo, kelechi and Onazi.Some of us saw it coming shouted but we were lonely voices in the desert. Instead our vociferousness brought us fatuous derisions. Now the hens have come home to roost. I knew it most of our victories were serendipitous. I kept asking if we do not take our most prolific scorers to the tournament where is goal gonna come from. One rabid angel* was affront with everyone who dare pointed out the glaring weaknesses of the team as an agent. He has only one sole interest for his client go to world cup at the country's peril.
All these permutations are not panacea to the enormous problem confronting the team . We surely lack the quality players to play at the world cup level. You don't take knives to a gunfight and expect victories no matter how sharp your knives are. The mistake has been we should live with it.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

This line up makes sense but Rohr won't bench Ighalo
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley