Some observations on the Czech Friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
Some observations on the Czech Friendly

Post by mojojojo »

[1] Why was Mikel playing further than Iwobi? It should have been Mikel and Ndidi behind Iwobi.
[2] Ebuehi should be a starter
[3] Eagles do not have the firepower to dismantle defensive teams.
[4] Idowu and Ogu were tested today and most of the crosses the Czech dispatched came from their side.
[5] We have a goal scoring problem. A big one.
[6] We have a goal keeping problem. A big one.
[7] Why did Moses keep taking those free kicks/corners?

From a tactical point of view,

[1] Our transitions need to be faster. We need to be able to make quick passes from defense to goal in seconds without allowing the opposition to regroup.
[2] We need to put more people in the box. More people equals more goals. Our midfielders need to make runs into the box to decrease attention on our only striker. Our off the ball movement needs to be better in the final third.
[3] We need to release crosses early and quick.
[4] We need to work on our set pieces
[5] Our delivery needs to more accurate.
[6] We should always build from the back. Forget goalkeeper distribution, Uzoho is not that good or perhaps we do not have the good midfield since we always loose the ball afterwards.
peppersoup
Egg
Egg
Re: Some observations on the Czech Friendly

Post by peppersoup »

How do we have a goalkeeper problem? I am actually very comfortable with Uzoho now. I think he has progressed very well and he is getting confidence.
Our movement in the final third is very slow-
I believe we can be a good counter-attack team but I havent seen us doing that.
We dont have a striker problem, we have a midfield problem.

If we are playing 3-5-2, Moses should be played as a wing back.
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

mojojojo wrote:[1] Why was Mikel playing further than Iwobi? It should have been Mikel and Ndidi behind Iwobi.
[2] Ebuehi should be a starter
[3] Eagles do not have the firepower to dismantle defensive teams.
[4] Idowu and Ogu were tested today and most of the crosses the Czech dispatched came from their side.
[5] We have a goal scoring problem. A big one.
[6] We have a goal keeping problem. A big one.
[7] Why did Moses keep taking those free kicks/corners?

From a tactical point of view,

[1] Our transitions need to be faster. We need to be able to make quick passes from defense to goal in seconds without allowing the opposition to regroup.
[2] We need to put more people in the box. More people equals more goals. Our midfielders need to make runs into the box to decrease attention on our only striker. Our off the ball movement needs to be better in the final third.
[3] We need to release crosses early and quick.
[4] We need to work on our set pieces
[5] Our delivery needs to more accurate.
[6] We should always build from the back. Forget goalkeeper distribution, Uzoho is not that good or perhaps we do not have the good midfield since we always loose the ball afterwards.
I agree with you. Could you please fax a copy of this documentation to Rohr and the technical crew because it seems like they are not aware of all these facts?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Larry Baba,

These were my observations posted at half time

* Once again we are struggling to create chances. Relying too much on individual runs.. Too much running with the ball
* Ighalo is getting caught offside too many times for a striker of his experience (he did this repeatedly in the England game).
* We need to find a player who is a bit more deadly at freekicks.
* Our Set play , playing and defending to too amateurish.
* Ebuehi looks like he has won the first team shirt at right back

After 90 mins, I stand by them all

There is no fluidity in the final 3rd so we are not even creating clear cut chances. That said I am a bit more comfortable that we are going into the WC with chips down and the players having to raise their game.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The distribution between goalkeeper and our backline are suffering a lack of accuracy and urgency.

They ought to be looking to go forward but usually waste time on needlessly passing between themselves and causing the opposition to get into positions where we are put under pressure.

You get that feeling that an opposition player could pounce because instead of being agile, our defenders look like they are just lounging around.

Their reaction time is slower than the opposition and they get bullied easily.

I don't like the cheap turnovers that result in unnecessary set pieces near our goal area.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

We have GK, Defense, Midfield, Striker problems. Let us face it - the team is poor all round. It is not the formation - just the personnel.
Simple crosses to our box and we get all jittery. Moses is not playing for the team. Idowu is not WC material and broke down most of the attacks.

The only 2 +ves from this match is : Ndidi is back playing and Ebuehi.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

nko wrote:We have GK, Defense, Midfield, Striker problems. Let us face it - the team is poor all round. It is not the formation - just the personnel.
Simple crosses to our box and we get all jittery. Moses is not playing for the team. Idowu is not WC material and broke down most of the attacks.

The only 2 +ves from this match is : Ndidi is back playing and Ebuehi.

Is this tennis or football? You saw 90mins of the game and all you saw positive was individuals? Cmon!
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Maybe we should try this

-----------------------Uzoho----------------------

---------Balogun-----Ekong----Omeruo------

Ebuehi-----Ndidi----Mikel-----Etebo------Moses

--------------------Simy--Iwobi------------------
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Robotnik wrote:Maybe we should try this

-----------------------Uzoho----------------------

---------Balogun-----Ekong----Omeruo------

Ebuehi-----Ndidi----Mikel-----Etebo------Moses

--------------------Simy--Iwobi------------------

interesting formation - I would swap Nacho for Simy as we need more speed and may use Simy later when the opposition tires.