Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am
Posts: 1711
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2454
Location: U.S
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho




:rotf: :rotf:

no Mikel no SE. That has already been established abeg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
Emotions. You can see that Mikel is far more skilled at keeping things moving in the midfield than any of our present players. It is left for the coach to craft up a plan that makes great use of that.

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13327
Mikel on the bench and Ogu starting ?

What a joke.

this coach just needs to tell Mikel to sit further back and let Iwobi do the play making. Mikel needs to keep it simple and release passes quicker.




*********************************IWOBI***********************************



**************MIKEL***********************************NDIDI***************


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 37473
Location: Eagles' Nest
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho

My brother please just say NO... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1451
Location: UK
Bigpokey go poke you o!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40877
Location: Pennsylvania
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho


Deep breaths, my brother. Then take 2 steps away from your keyboard ... for the next 24 to 48 hrs. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have quickly forgotten poland and serbia I see. Don't worry, you will quickly forget these last two games too.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 37473
Location: Eagles' Nest
platinum wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have quickly forgotten poland and serbia I see. Don't worry, you will quickly forget these last two games too.

As in... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guys are too funny mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm
Posts: 55
100% agree Mikel should start from bench.

Etebo starting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2375
Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16597
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho


You should have noticed how difficult it became to keep the ball when Mikel left. Bros, we do need Mikel in the center of things.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:16 am
Posts: 4180
Location: usa
Na Mikel should sit on top of the defense, you noticed IWOBI coming to carry the ball from defense to attack?

What a waste, that guy should be providing the final pass for ighalo. Mikel should be in that position with a proper defense midfielder whose job is to clear and win ball in case Slow Mikel gets overun, i suggest Onazi

_________________
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40877
Location: Pennsylvania
Enugu II wrote:
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho


You should have noticed how difficult it became to keep the ball when Mikel left. Bros, we do need Mikel in the center of things.


I wanted to mention the obvious but someone with a JJ picture will soon point at my avatar picture. Good to see say no be only me notice am.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44937
Every game, a new player should be benched.. CE.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16597
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
metalalloy wrote:
Every game, a new player should be benched.. CE.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Next game, another name. Na real wahala ooo! Today, na Aina for save us. Never mind that he did diddly against Argentina and Congo. Tomorrow, we will also call for Onazi's return or for Ezenwa's return. The best player is always the one that did not play.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
Enyi wrote:
Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks

I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because apart from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76599
Location: Earth
born2win wrote:
100% agree Mikel should start from bench.

Etebo starting

human excreta dey talk

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2375
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks

I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because aparrt from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.


Which is why I think you should play Moses and Iwobi as wingers.....like in Arsenal, I know we did not do well in the league but then again we do not have Ndidi +/- Ogu in the Team

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44763
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
kali wrote:
Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho


You should have noticed how difficult it became to keep the ball when Mikel left. Bros, we do need Mikel in the center of things.


I wanted to mention the obvious but someone with a JJ picture will soon point at my avatar picture. Good to see say no be only me notice am.


Nanijoe and Yujam are finetuning a Breathalyzer for forumers...

E no get nonsense pesin no fit hear for forum. :???:

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks

I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because aparrt from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.


Which is why I think you should play Moses and Iwobi as wingers.....like in Arsenal, I know we did not do well in the league but then again we do not have Ndidi +/- Ogu in the Team



I'd agree with VM playing wide and cutting into the center IF the fullback on his wing helps stretch the hole he leaves. Iwobi? I'm not so sure about his wing ability. Simon was no great shakes but he showed a better ability to mirror VM on the other side. Iwobi is more comfortable playing in the middle (deep or behind the forwards).

Looking at the squad, we have a lot around the middle and the play will be really narrow if the left and right back dont play as wingbacks. I think this is why the 3-5-1-1 has been somewhat more effective.
Someone (true talk I think) mentioned we'd miss Simon and I agree. Also this is where Onyekuru should have let his play talk more instead of his yapper.

The wingbacks absolutely have to bomb forward or we will really struggle to create.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13327
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:

The wingbacks absolutely have to bomb forward or we will really struggle to create.



and this clown coach took Echijele over Aina.

To further compound his stupidity he seems to prefer Shehu over Ebuehi.

Is he watching different matches from the ones we are watching ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44937
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks

I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because aparrt from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.


Which is why I think you should play Moses and Iwobi as wingers.....like in Arsenal, I know we did not do well in the league but then again we do not have Ndidi +/- Ogu in the Team



I'd agree with VM playing wide and cutting into the center IF the fullback on his wing helps stretch the hole he leaves. Iwobi? I'm not so sure about his wing ability. Simon was no great shakes but he showed a better ability to mirror VM on the other side. Iwobi is more comfortable playing in the middle (deep or behind the forwards).

Looking at the squad, we have a lot around the middle and the play will be really narrow if the left and right back dont play as wingbacks. I think this is why the 3-5-1-1 has been somewhat more effective.
Someone (true talk I think) mentioned we'd miss Simon and I agree. Also this is where Onyekuru should have let his play talk more instead of his yapper.

The wingbacks absolutely have to bomb forward or we will really struggle to create.


Wasn't he yapping because he was not given an opportunity to let his play talk? Leaving that aside, im not sure he was/is the solution if there is any truth to the accusations of the anderletch coach regarding his defensive shortcomings. the left CB in a back 3 would be left exposed.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fledy, Google [Bot], Man Ataye, rudellar, YemiBrazil, zee and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group