The world cup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
The world cup...

Post by Tobi17 »

is just our platform to show the world we have some real talents in the new generation of SE players like Ndidi, Iwobi, Ebuehi, Iheanacho, and Uzoho. The few older players that will still remain with the nucleus of new players for a few more years are players like Victor Moses and Mikel(he has one year of football left in him... Mikel should retire to his Russian sweetheart and enjoy his family life) after the world cup or next AFCON(most likely)... so let's not become whiny babies alarmed at mere friendly losses, let's look on the bright side here, we are going to the world cup as pure Underdogs... no pressure or high expectations so less tension, we have the youngest squad of players in the tournament so we have lots of world cup first timers pretty much - in consideration of this, mistakes and I mean naive ones will me made. This team will be ready by Qatar 22, BUT post Russia 2018 we already have a solid team spine in the likes of Iwobi, Nacho, Ndidi, Ebuehi, Aina, Victor Moses, Idowu and Uzoho that will surely win us some Afcon titles when you add upcoming players like Nwakali brothers , Usman, Bazee?, Usman Muhammed and a few other names I can't remember.

So let's relax, rock our beautiful jerseys and support the SE like we've never before, let those young lads have some fun.. something tells me we have a lot of surprises cooking for Russia, Nigeria always has a uncanny way of turning up when the main dance begins and we turn on the screws ... historically we've never been terrific at pre tournament friendlies, until the real tournament begins.
guest83
Egg
Egg
Re: The world cup...

Post by guest83 »

I hope to see the SE lift the World cup before I die. And I plan to live a long time. I know can be done. Up SE!