I am not too perturbed about today's loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I am not too perturbed about today's loss

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] personally, i am not too bothered about the loss today. We played at a very slow tempo, which for me is understandable as the players do not want to pick up injuries
[2] We also did not challenge for enough 50:50 balls in midfield, also not to pick up injuries
[3] I also noticed that Balogun plated on the right of the defence and Ekong on the left. This is the first time they have switched and it appeared to work better
[4] We held on to the ball a lot better than we did at Wembley, primarily due to the return of Ndidi
[5] We just had two problems in this game - Our fullbacks and our creative midfield
[6] What Gernot Rohr loves in Shehu Abdullahi is beyond me,. Ebuehi is two classes above him
[7] Bryan Idowu is right footed so cannot cross with his left foot. Echiejile is a total liability who cannot cross the ball to save his life. Ola Aina is right footed, so is not an option either. Our only option is to play Joel Obi as leftback. Even a blind person can see that. It is sheer madness that Joel has not been played in that role. Some dumb people are claiming he has not played there before but hey, John Ogu has never played as a centreback but Rohr has used him there in two matches and he has equipped himself well.
[8] In midfield, I also do not understand why Iwobi was playing so deep today. We need him playmaking behind the front three
[9] We lose the ball in midfield when we do not have Mikel and Ndidi shielding the back four. Some dumb people want Mikel playmaking but anyone who knows anything about top flight football will know that possession is key. We need that duo in front of the defence so we can retain possession
[10] If we play this way, at a fast tempo, we should be fine:

**********************************************Ighalo***********************************************

************************Moses**********************************Iheanacho***********************

***************************************************Iwobi*******************************************

**********************************Mikel**************************Ndidi****************************

***Joel******************Ekong*************************Balogun*********************Ebuehi***

**************************************************Uzoho*******************************************
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: I am not too perturbed about today's loss

Post by john12 »

Iwobi must be close to our main striker. “Must” he is the best finisher behind Iheanacho and must be close to goal.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

Ayo: I agree with most of your views. However Moses is not inspiring at the moment and Ighalo, for whatever reason, is not giving us the cutting edge. I will bring in Musa in place of Moses and Simi for Ighalo.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

**********************************************Simi***********************************************

************************Musa**********************************Iheanacho***********************

***************************************************Iwobi*******************************************

**********************************Mikel**************************Ndidi****************************

***Joel******************Ekong*************************Balogun*********************Ebuehi***

**************************************************Uzoho*******************************************
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Joel at left wing back in a 3-5-2 is risky but i can understand that suggestion
however one has to be incredibly and unbelievably stupid to suggest Joel at Left back in a flat back 4
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] personally, i am not too bothered about the loss today. We played at a very slow tempo, which for me is understandable as the players do not want to pick up injuries
[2] We also did not challenge for enough 50:50 balls in midfield, also not to pick up injuries
[3] I also noticed that Balogun plated on the right of the defence and Ekong on the left. This is the first time they have switched and it appeared to work better
[4] We held on to the ball a lot better than we did at Wembley, primarily due to the return of Ndidi
[5] We just had two problems in this game - Our fullbacks and our creative midfield
[6] What Gernot Rohr loves in Shehu Abdullahi is beyond me,. Ebuehi is two classes above him
[7] Bryan Idowu is right footed so cannot cross with his left foot. Echiejile is a total liability who cannot cross the ball to save his life. Ola Aina is right footed, so is not an option either. Our only option is to play Joel Obi as leftback. Even a blind person can see that. It is sheer madness that Joel has not been played in that role. Some dumb people are claiming he has not played there before but hey, John Ogu has never played as a centreback but Rohr has used him there in two matches and he has equipped himself well.
[8] In midfield, I also do not understand why Iwobi was playing so deep today. We need him playmaking behind the front three
[9] We lose the ball in midfield when we do not have Mikel and Ndidi shielding the back four. Some dumb people want Mikel playmaking but anyone who knows anything about top flight football will know that possession is key. We need that duo in front of the defence so we can retain possession

**********************************************Ighalo***********************************************

************************Moses**********************************Iheanacho***********************

I remember the last time a blind person saw was whether Ozaze was a midfielder or a striker?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

smartbrother wrote:Joel at left wing back in a 3-5-2 is risky but i can understand that suggestion
however one has to be incredibly and unbelievably stupid to suggest Joel at Left back in a flat back 4
What Ayo doesn't understand is the WC is not a place you start making such move without trying it out first. You might as well give us a new coach now at this late stage
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

------------------------Uzoho-----------------------
----------Ekong--------Leon--------Kenneth------
-Ebuehi-----------------------------------------Moses--
----------------Mikel--------------Ndidi-----------------
-----------------------Iwobi-----------------------------
------------Kele------------------Simy------------------
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I agree with Ayo on this one...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] personally, i am not too bothered about the loss today. We played at a very slow tempo, which for me is understandable as the players do not want to pick up injuries

If I was Rohr I would be very worried because we might end up with only 1 pt from a draw and 2 losses.

This team is very easy to beat even Congolese coach said it. The team is not good enough.

2 many defensive players that have no attacking edge.

Non scoring attackers like ighalo.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

You will soon be perturbed by a loss to Iceland at the WC. Then peoples eye will open
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

pajimoh wrote:

I remember the last time a blind person saw was whether Ozaze was a midfielder or a striker?
You dey mind am! Joel Obi that they should have decamped if not for agency business! Did nothing in all the friendlies.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Joel Obi is Ayo Akinfe's new flavour of the month.
It was Juwon Oshaniwa once and recently Kelechi Nwakali.
Joel Obi! :lol: :lol:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo, on paper, the formation looks and sounds great but u have just nullified Moses and Kelechi neither of those two are support strikers.......

Joel Obi left back......4 yrs ago yes, Torino tried it once and stopped, he was yanked in n the first half or early second he does not have to pace or anticipation to play there anymore.

Also why Rohr plays Mikel higher up on is that he can get 2 able bodied players behind because even though he is the most intelligent player on the pitch, his turnover is high....if he loses the ball, ur straight to the CBs....he will be a liability there. He plays AM/CM in China
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Goldleaf wrote:Joel Obi is Ayo Akinfe's new flavour of the month.
It was Juwon Oshaniwa once and recently Kelechi Nwakali.
Joel Obi! :lol: :lol:
You forgot RABIU Ibrahim? :taunt:

Then Lukman Haruna.

There was also one useless defender forgot the name now :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I am seeing signs that Naija will easily win their group
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar