Salah 'confident' he'll be fit for World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Salah 'confident' he'll be fit for World Cup

Post by 1naija »

Mohamed Salah 'confident' he'll be fit for World Cup after Champions League final injury

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mohamed-sa ... 55895.html

Mohamed Salah’s presence at the 2018 World Cup is in doubt after Liverpool’s Egyptian winger left the Champions League final after 30 minutes with a shoulder injury.

Salah was pulled down by Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos and fell awkwardly on his left shoulder:

But Salah is “confident” that he will be able to make his World Cup debut.

“I’m a fighter, he wrote on social media Sunday. “Despite the odds, I’m confident that I’ll be in Russia to make you all proud. Your love and support will give me the strength I need.”

After the match, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was asked about the severity of the injury. “Very,” Klopp said when asked how serious the injury was. And when asked whether Salah’s World Cup was in jeopardy: “Yes, it is. Anything is possible, [but] it does not look good.”

Egypt’s team doctor, however, after communicating with Liverpool’s medical staff, and after X-Rays were taken, expressed optimism that Salah would be fit for Russia. And Egypt’s minister of youth and sport reportedly confirmed Salah would recover in time for the World Cup:
….
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Salah 'confident' he'll be fit for World Cup

Post by metalalloy »

Egypt Playing Belgium on Espn3.

El Hadary with a bad spill that Lukaku taps in. Egypt were doing pretty well up till then.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16