Nigeria's is using wrong personnel for 3-5-2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kali
Egg
Egg
Nigeria's is using wrong personnel for 3-5-2

Post by kali »

Twice in the last week Nigeria has been exposed using the 4-3-3 forcing a hurried switch to 3-5-2 which means adding an extra defender at the back. The problem has been that one extra defender means we play with one less attacking player.

Nigeria clearly has got the right formation but the wrong personnel. We are now retaining possession but doing nothing with it.

To make the 3-5-2 work offensively we need quick and fast paced attackers that can score in the final third. The attacking tripod should consist of any of the following Etebo, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Moses. These are proven scorers. The rest should be subs - Ighalo, Nwankwo, Musa. mikel should stay back and help with the defense. Pass long from the back and sit.

These are options:

Uzoho.
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Ebuehi Idowu
Ndidi Mikel
Etebo
Iwobi Moses

Uzoho.
Balogun Ogu Ekong
Ebuehi Moses
Ndidi Mikel
Etebo
Iwobi Iheanacho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's is using wrong personnel for 3-5-2

Post by Tobi17 »

Mikel should sit back with Ndidi as they both have the defensive astuteness to protect the back four... MR GERNOT ROHR NEVER PLAY MIKEL IN AN ATTACKING POSITION, he doesn't have the flair anymore. I suggest we play Iwobi and Etebo behind Ihenacho and perhaps Simy Nwankwo.
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Rohr will not listen as he seems hell-bent on playing his same formation with the usual suspects upfront. For all we know - the man concluded a while back that we don't have top strikers, so his aim is for SE to put up a respectable showing -as in a draw or narrow loss per match just like Onigbinde in 2002. The justification will simply be the players are still young and inexperienced, and 2022 will be our year, besides we didn't disgrace Nigeria. Watch Ighalo suit up and file out as part of the first XI against Croatia.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

kali wrote:Twice in the last week Nigeria has been exposed using the 4-3-3 forcing a hurried switch to 3-5-2 which means adding an extra defender at the back. The problem has been that one extra defender means we play with one less attacking player.

Nigeria clearly has got the right formation but the wrong personnel. We are now retaining possession but doing nothing with it.

To make the 3-5-2 work offensively we need quick and fast paced attackers that can score in the final third. The attacking tripod should consist of any of the following Etebo, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Moses. These are proven scorers. The rest should be subs - Ighalo, Nwankwo, Musa. mikel should stay back and help with the defense. Pass long from the back and sit.

These are options:

Uzoho.
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Ebuehi Idowu
Ndidi Mikel
Etebo
Iwobi Moses

Uzoho.
Balogun Ogu Ekong
Ebuehi Moses
Ndidi Mikel
Etebo
Iwobi Iheanacho
Bros, just come out and say you want Ighalo dropped.
yes o
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Tobi17 wrote:Mikel should sit back with Ndidi as they both have the defensive astuteness to protect the back four... MR GERNOT ROHR NEVER PLAY MIKEL IN AN ATTACKING POSITION, he doesn't have the flair anymore. I suggest we play Iwobi and Etebo behind Ihenacho and perhaps Simy Nwankwo.
Keshi used Mikel as a DM in the 2013 AFCON and he was very effective in that role, but we also had Sunday Mba who was at the top of his game then doing the link up play up front for us. Do we have another Sunday Mba in the team right now? No. So it's a problem but I would prefer to see Mikel play deeper.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Mikel should sit back with Ndidi as they both have the defensive astuteness to protect the back four... MR GERNOT ROHR NEVER PLAY MIKEL IN AN ATTACKING POSITION, he doesn't have the flair anymore. I suggest we play Iwobi and Etebo behind Ihenacho and perhaps Simy Nwankwo.
Keshi used Mikel as a DM in the 2013 AFCON and he was very effective in that role, but we also had Sunday Mba who was at the top of his game then doing the link up play up front for us. Do we have another Sunday Mba in the team right now? No. So it's a problem but I would prefer to see Mikel play deeper.
Etebo can play the Mba role effectively
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Orion wrote:
U obviously watched the wrong Afcon cos Ogude was the starting DM then Onazi. Mikel played more of a CM 2 way
OCCUPY NFF!!