Watching the Game v Czech Rep. + Ratings.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Watching the Game v Czech Rep. + Ratings.......

Post by Enugu II »

The 0-1 loss to Czech Republic revealed quite a bit about the Nigerian team going into the World Cup. Of course, the bottomline is that the four-game non-winning streak must be a concern now with just a few days to the important World Cup game against Croatia. The Czech game had the feel of practice in front of a sparse audience. That the referee called the game after just 89 minutes, when there was a logical expectation for added time, all but underlined the type of game it was.
As for the revelations, it is striking that Nigeria's strikers lack the appropriate timing to run into space for the dangerous ball. That Ighalo was called off sides several times and Iheanacho once points to an issue that Nigeria needs to fix fast or face a humiliating World Cup in the coming weeks. Then it was also surprising that Nigeria barely looked threatening in spite of numerous corner kicks that came its way.

The details found by clicking below:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/06/t ... -game.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Watching the Game v Czech Rep. + Ratings.......

Post by platinum »

EII,

The play in the final third was lacking but I think we have all the necessary personnel to cope IF Rohr makes the right decisions.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Me I think Nigeria doesn't want to show it's hand before the big dance in Russia. I think that we will be fine when real bullets start to fly in Russia.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Robbynice wrote:Me I think Nigeria doesn't want to show it's hand before the big dance in Russia. I think that we will be fine when real bullets start to fly in Russia.
robbo,

I don't think that whole 'showing your hand' is a thing in 2018. With virtually all 32 teams, we know what to expect. When we beat Cameroon 4-0, I think any element of surprise or disrespect went to the trashcan right away.

Maybe we will play with more intensity and aggressiveness in Russia but as far as showing hand, we dont have anything we're hiding. E go surprise me if we do. I do think (and HOPE) that with added focus, aggression, and intent, this team can be totally different from what we've seen in the last 4/5 games.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shehu was subpar but gets 6.0.
Ebuehi outplayed Shehu ad gets 6.3.
:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:EII,

The play in the final third was lacking but I think we have all the necessary personnel to cope IF Rohr makes the right decisions.
I feel we had a team in front of us today that we could have beaten 3-0 TBH. I feel, however, that there are some details that we really need to handle. The set pieces definitely must be addressed. We just did not threaten with any of ours. Also there is some timing issues with the running of our forwards and the decision making from the midfielders.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:Me I think Nigeria doesn't want to show it's hand before the big dance in Russia. I think that we will be fine when real bullets start to fly in Russia.
I dont think thats the case. After the final whistle, you could see the dejection in the players. Iwobi, threw his hands up in disgust.

I think the rain affected our game. I also feel that we are not clicking yet, with performances. its not a case of "not showing our hands."
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

With Nigeria's current form even if they play Enyimba they would find it difficult to win.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robotnik wrote:With Nigeria's current form even if they play Enyimba they would find it difficult to win.
Robotnik,

Do not be down on the team. I think the team could still do well with some tweaking of a few areas which can help produce the goals.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
robbo,

I don't think that whole 'showing your hand' is a thing in 2018. With virtually all 32 teams, we know what to expect. When we beat Cameroon 4-0, I think any element of surprise or disrespect went to the trashcan right away.

Maybe we will play with more intensity and aggressiveness in Russia but as far as showing hand, we dont have anything we're hiding. E go surprise me if we do. I do think (and HOPE) that with added focus, aggression, and intent, this team can be totally different from what we've seen in the last 4/5 games.

I agree 100%. I also dont buy the excuse about players not going 100% to avoid injury.

@E2 I think you mean qualifiers.
What is alarming is that a Nigerian team that appeared quite clinical at the World Cup is struggling to find a way to score. In the last five games and three goals, the scoring has depended on a penalty kick, a rebound, and an auspicious assist during a scramble. No neatly worked goal, no set-piece, nothing that shows a team creative at the offensive end.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:
robbo,

I agree 100%. I also dont buy the excuse about players not going 100% to avoid injury.

@E2 I think you mean qualifiers.
What is alarming is that a Nigerian team that appeared quite clinical at the World Cup is struggling to find a way to score. In the last five games and three goals, the scoring has depended on a penalty kick, a rebound, and an auspicious assist during a scramble. No neatly worked goal, no set-piece, nothing that shows a team creative at the offensive end.
YEP. Corrected.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Enugu II wrote:
The 0-1 loss to Czech Republic revealed quite a bit about the Nigerian team going into the World Cup. Of course, the bottomline is that the four-game non-winning streak must be a concern now with just a few days to the important World Cup game against Croatia. The Czech game had the feel of practice in front of a sparse audience. That the referee called the game after just 89 minutes, when there was a logical expectation for added time, all but underlined the type of game it was.
As for the revelations, it is striking that Nigeria's strikers lack the appropriate timing to run into space for the dangerous ball. That Ighalo was called off sides several times and Iheanacho once points to an issue that Nigeria needs to fix fast or face a humiliating World Cup in the coming weeks. Then it was also surprising that Nigeria barely looked threatening in spite of numerous corner kicks that came its way.

In the last five games and three goals, the scoring has depended on a penalty kick, a rebound, and an auspicious assist during a scramble. No neatly worked goal, no set-piece, nothing that shows a team creative at the offensive end.
PK no be set piece?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

folem wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

In the last five games and three goals, the scoring has depended on a penalty kick, a rebound, and an auspicious assist during a scramble. No neatly worked goal, no set-piece, nothing that shows a team creative at the offensive end.
PK no be set piece?
:rotf: Yep it is, but one with a high percentage of converting.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Enugu II wrote:
folem wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

PK no be set piece?
:rotf: Yep it is, but one with a high percentage of converting.
:mrgreen: I hear u oo.
Last edited by folem on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I'm quite relaxed and confident. The way we pressed and dominated in the second half was encouraging.

My little concern lies with Ebuehi. That boy is a natural, but my problem is that he's too scared of failing and being held as a scapegoat. Quite a few times I saw him take the easier and safer option of passing back to Balogun, instead of attacking our opponents with pace and footwork.

If Rohr can get that boy out of his shell and fill his heart with confidence, he can actually win games for us at the world cup.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cally wrote:I'm quite relaxed and confident. The way we pressed and dominated in the second half was encouraging.

My little concern lies with Ebuehi. That boy is a natural, but my problem is that he's too scared of failing and being held as a scapegoat. Quite a few times I saw him take the easier and safer option of passing back to Balogun, instead of attacking our opponents with pace and footwork.

If Rohr can get that boy out of his shell and fill his heart with confidence, he can actually win games for us at the world cup.
Cally,

In certain cases. However, note that he did take on the opponent and earned a free kick at a dangerous spot late. I think he is gradually getting confident and his speed down the flank is a big plus.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Enugu II wrote:
Cally wrote:I'm quite relaxed and confident. The way we pressed and dominated in the second half was encouraging.

Cally,

In certain cases. However, note that he did take on the opponent and earned a free kick at a dangerous spot late. I think he is gradually getting confident and his speed down the flank is a big plus.
I agree with you, which is why i wish he'd do that even more. Anyone close to the team should please mention this to the coaching crew.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

These guys need to learn the etiquette of the field o make dem nor come collect card anyhow. Ehen!

Charging at the ref or showing petulance is always fraught with the danger of being carded unnecessarily.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nigeria is showing her hand..... and it's a withered hand.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Nigeria is showing her hand..... and it's a withered hand.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You be real yeye man
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:

For some reason, I am not worried about this team. I believe they will come good.

The TEAM is a solid team... not great. Just need to keep working on being ready for when it all counts.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

9ja should speed up transition play from the back into the attack!
They can not score while playing this slow unless they are good at set-pieces, which they are not.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu