2018 World Cup: Rohr speaks on Super Eagles first choice

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: 2018 World Cup: Rohr speaks on Super Eagles first choice

Post by Mr Shows »

9jaMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
soccernut wrote:I'm sorry this man talks a lot of garbage. Why qualify for the World Cup and then start saying we are building a team for the future? I heard the same thing in 2014. This is utter crap. We heard the same story in 2002 from Onigbinde and we didn’t qualify for 2006. I’m saying it here that all those who think Nigeria has the young staple of talent to set the world on fire in 2022 - are daydreaming. Come 2022 - and you will find out that most of these same young players are average at best or past their prime. The talent was there and available to make QF or even SF, but the man didn't do his homework and became complacent after the easy WC qualification. He has never had experience on the world stage -- and its shows! Rohr is just trying to save face.

EXACTLY,

He ignored onyekuru, k. Nwakali, s.umar, Bonaventure, Kalu, Lokosa, Ajayi and others who could have made an impact in the squad, just to protect the likes of Musa. There are some positions the SE lack quality but the SE are blessed with creative attacking players and Rohr ignored them all. And Stevie wonder can see that Ebuehi is better than shehu but Rohr is still making excuses for shehu. Rohr should be fired if he fails to qualify from the group.
Ignored Onyekuru??? How many times has he donned the GWG and how many times did he show up??

Nwakali?? This is the frigging World Cup not the U-20 WC. The boy is a rookie, I beg his time will come there is life after the WC.

Lokosa?? Seriously who are you planning to drop for him.. it was a toss up between him and Simmy and with the arial dimension Simmy adds it was a no brainer.

Musa is a squad player, who will only be brought on for one things, to add pace to get behind the lines. He will probably play the last 20 mins against Croatia... He is simply on the team for tactical reasons, deal with it.

Ebuehi...?? Wasn't it Rohr who fished him out...He has simply allowed him time and space to grow in the team. He will file out against Croatia and Argentina.

Rohr should be fired if he doesn't make it out of the group?? Short termism at its best... I guess that should apply to all the 16 coaches that drop out in the first round too

Onyekuru should have started against Argentina, but he was invited and ignored and never allowed enough time to show his quality. Onyekuru at the time was the hottest player in Belgium. how many times has Musa showed up in the last four years? Based on performance from one game Lokosa deserves to go to the WC ahead of Musa. K.Nwakali scored a wonder goal against A. Madrid, not their under 20 team, please wake up. Football is not about age, how old is Ozoho? Ebuehi should have never been on the bench, he is the best RB the SE have and you are talking about growing? Rohr should be fired because he is slow to make the needed change, and he did not seek to include the better options that could have made the SE way better. Onyekuru and K. Nwakali should be in the top 23.
Oh i get it now, this is another Nwakali thread... Smh
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

ardly comment these days, but your post really riled me up. First of all your comment on Oliseh supposedly paying area football in 1993 and walking into the Eagles camp uninvited is nothing but pure hogwash.

Oliseh moved from Julius Berger to Liege in 1990 and earned his first cap after two years of first team football in the Belgian top division. That's hardly area football is it?

Our coach inherited a team that was terrible and totally demotivated and qualified that team for the world cup. What more can you ask for? Just because some player of ours performed well in one match against Atletico Madrid, you think he is ready for the world cup? Plus Nwakali is hardly the unknown and local player you described him as. He is an Arsenal player and has spent the years on loan in the Dutch first division and he is a seasoned junior international footballer.

Can you remember a certain striker that almost scored with a bicycle kick in 2002 and flopped on the big occasion? How many supposedly great players of ours flattered to deceive over the years? Olumide Harris, Manga Mohammed, Emeka Efejiagwa, Edward Anyamkegh, Pius Ikedia to name a few.

Let's face it, you don't know better than the coach. This is a man that coached a team to a European final. Just celebrate his achievement and enjoy the competition. Plus, he is building for the future and I'm impressed, we have a talented young keeper in Germany that's committed to us, there's Bazee as well, plus Ola Aina is ours. These are young boys with verifiable ages, so yes the future is bright.

Appreciate what the man has achieved please and stop peddling untruths simply because you feel that said rumours help you price your point.

I stand corrected on the name of the player. I may have the names mixed up but I certainly recall hearing about a local player who was discovered after he walked into camp and trained with the Eagles. It's not about "knowing better than the coach". The last four matches have shown us in black and white what we are dealing with - moreover, Rohr has appeared startled by his side's underwhelming performance -- and the world cup hasn't even started. Your last point is childish and myopic since you fail to grasp the essence of the whole response by hopping on one miscued fact. Be well!
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

To make matters worse, he called Nwakali a local and Unknown striker....

Says a lot doesn't it?
Point of correction: Usman Mohammed is the name of the local player who scored the second goal and he players for Taraba F.C.

Best.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

soccernut wrote:
To make matters worse, he called Nwakali a local and Unknown striker....

Says a lot doesn't it?
Point of correction: Usman Mohammed is the name of the local player who scored the second goal and he players for Taraba F.C.

Best.
Usman Mohammed PLAYED for Taraba FC years ago but he certainly has been playing in Europe for more than two years now. I believe he plays in Norway.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Building for the future does not mean they will not do their best right now. My biggest respect for Rohr comes from how he handled the goalkeeping crisis.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS