2018 World Cup: What I’ve failed to achieve – Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg
2018 World Cup: What I’ve failed to achieve – Rohr

Post by pens »

2018 World Cup: What I’ve failed to achieve – RohrPublished on June 8, 2018 By John Owen Nwachukwu

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has lamented his failure to convince some Nigerian players abroad to represent their fatherland.

Rohr said it was part of his job description to convince players with double nationality to pledge their international future to Nigeria.

However, the former Bayern Munich defender has admitted that he was unable to persuade German-born duo, Hoffenheim starlet Kevin Akpoguma and Hertha BSC’s Jordan Torunarigha, to play for the Super Eagles at the World Cup.

Rohr was able to lure Amkar Perm defender Brian Idowu, Chelsea fullback Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi to play for the Super Eagles.

Asked by German newspaper Welt if it’s part of his job to win players for Nigeria, Rohr replied, ”Yes, that’s part of it. We’ve also convinced some, like Alex Iwobi from Arsenal , who grew up in England. Incidentally, he is the nephew of Jay-Jay Okocha.

DON'T MISS: Get Latest Hot News - Download DailyPost Android app

”Others, who I’ve rung once, refused, for example Kevin Akpoguma from Hoffenheim or Jordan Torunarigha from Hertha BSC .”http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/08/2018-wor ... ieve-rohr/
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.