Would Iwobi have scored those goals against Argentina if ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Would Iwobi have scored those goals against Argentina if ...

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Victor Moses had been on the field? Discuss.

Wha choo looking at?!
miky
Egg
Egg
Re: Would Iwobi have scored those goals against Argentina if

Post by miky »

Depends which victor moses shows up!

The one that wants to do it all alone, or the one who trusts the process and shows his abilities and the right time!!
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

miky wrote:Depends which victor moses shows up!

The one that wants to do it all alone, or the one who trusts the process and shows his abilities and the right time!!
Is there any other kind of Victor Moses when playing for the SE?

Wha choo looking at?!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Victor Moses had been on the field? Discuss.
Nope! Actually, I don't think Victor Moses can score the goal Iwobi scored against Argentina. On the other hand, Vic has other tools that Iwobi may not have (i.e dribbling ability). If the real Moses like the one of AFCON 2013 shows up, Nigerians will be having great memories.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

highbury wrote:
Nope! Actually, I don't think Victor Moses can score the goal Iwobi scored against Argentina. On the other hand, Vic has other tools that Iwobi may not have (i.e dribbling ability). If the real Moses like the one of AFCON 2013 shows up, Nigerians will be having great memories.
How have those tools helped us in the last 4 friendlies?

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
highbury wrote:

Grow up!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
highbury wrote:

Grow up!
Answer the question or GTFO of the thread :arrow:

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well I will tell u this. Our failure to score of late is either one of 2 things.

1. Ighalo is failing to make runs into space, and just plays static with his back to defenders and is more interested in wrestling.

2. Ighalo is making runs into space but is being ignored or not read by our attackers who are hugging the ball for too long. (Moses is the big culprit here)

So which one is it? Either way this issue needs to be addressed ASAP.

I am watching the way these European teams run into space and receive balls in dangerous areas. WE ARE NOT DOING THIS. WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHY AND CORERECT IT.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:Well I will tell u this. Our failure to score of late is either one of 2 things.

1. Ighalo is failing to make runs into space, and just plays static with his back to defenders and is more interested in wrestling.

2. Ighalo is making runs into space but is being ignored or not read by our attackers who are hugging the ball for too long. (Moses is the big culprit here)

I am watching the way these European teams run into space and receive balls in dangerous areas. WE ARE NOT DOING THIS. WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHY AND CORERECT IT.
When you don't expect your teammate to pass the ball, why would you run into space? Watch the forward line when Moses gets the ball. They KNOW he is not going to release the ball until he has licked the ball and tasted it well well, and then maybe, just maybe he will pass, by which time the space has closed. I don't blame Ighalo at all. Moses is living off his SE achievements of the past and has become a sacred cow.

Even worse is that as a relative star on the team, Moses' tendencies set the tone, and making runs has become a once in a while activity, instead of the norm. I say bench his a$$ until he wises up. :curse:

E go do us like film when he snuffs out our attack at the WC.

To take advantage of our speed, passes have to be immediate, precise and well timed, otherwise our speed is useless. Any unnecessary ball hogging gives the opposition time to regain their shape and equilibrium, and at this level that happens very quickly. I just think of those Iwobi goals. The slick one touch Iheanacho IMMEDIATELY laid off to Iwobi, and Iwobi's one time finish. The next Iwobi goal came from an IMMEDIATE Musa layoff to Iwobi again. You don't make the pass, the space closes quickly. This is high level football.

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Well I will tell u this. Our failure to score of late is either one of 2 things.

When you don't expect your teammate to pass the ball, why would you run into space? Watch the forward line when Moses gets the ball. They KNOW he is not going to release the ball until he has licked the ball and tasted it well well, and then maybe, just maybe he will pass, by which time the space has closed. I don't blame Ighalo at all. Moses is living off his SE achievements of the past and has become a sacred cow.

Even worse is that as a relative star on the team, Moses' tendencies set the tone, and making runs has become a once in a while activity, instead of the norm. I say bench his a$$ until he wises up. :curse:

To take advantage of our speed, passes have to be immediate, precise and well timed, otherwise our speed is useless. Any unnecessary ball hogging gives the opposition time to regain their shape and equilibrium, and at this level that happens very quickly. I just think of those Iwobi goals. The slick one touch Iheanacho IMMEDIATELY laid off to Iwobi, and Iwobi's one time finish. The next Iwobi goal came from an IMMEDIATE Musa layoff to Iwobi again. You don't make the pass, the space closes quickly. This is high level football.

I have noticed for a very long time that Moses is an extremely selfish player, who often would rather shoot from far and kill birds instead of making simple passes.

Either that or he wants to dribble the length of the pitch when a pass would achieve the same in less time. The guy plays "bigman" football for us full stop.

Thing is on his day he is a difference maker, but what he needs is a proper coach to put him in his place.

Thing is because of Rohrs piss poor selection of wide players, and Simon's subsequent injury, we dont really have other options.

Musa is just too boneheaded to bring in for a full match.

Etebo maybe ?

Rohr just needs to run the riot act on Moses, because I agree with you that he holds us back very often, and he has been piss poor in the last few friendlies.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Finally people on CE are seeing what I have been seeing.
That slow transition is hurting 9ja, big time.

Vic Mo and Mikel are big culprits here.

Ighalo is actually OK, (nay as sharp as he has always been) but he is caught between a rock and a hard place. Iheanacho is even worse off, because he cannot muscle off defenders, while watching Mikel dance around 2-3 opponents or Vic Mo caress the ball for TV. :boo:
Last edited by Kabalega on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Kabalega wrote:Finally people on CE are seeing what I have been seeing.

Vic Mo are Mikel are big culprits here.
Ighalo is actually OK, but caught between a rock and a hard place. Iheanacho is even worse off, because he cannot muscle off defenders while watching Mikel dance around 2-3 opponents or Vic Mo caress the ball for TV.
Ditto! Mikel, in particular, annoyed me. I saw in more than one occasion( more especially the England game) where instead of Mikel passing the ball to an open teammate, he'd wait for the opponent to get close to him so that he could show his shielding ability. The impression I get is that Mikel is so proud of his shielding ability rather than moving the ball forward quickly.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

highbury wrote:

Vic Mo are Mikel are big culprits here.
Ighalo is actually OK, but caught between a rock and a hard place. Iheanacho is even worse off, because he cannot muscle off defenders while watching Mikel dance around 2-3 opponents or Vic Mo caress the ball for TV.
Ditto! Mikel, in particular, annoyed me. I saw in more than one occasion( more especially the England game) where instead of Mikel passing the ball to an open teammate, he'd wait for the opponent to get close to him so that he could show his shielding ability. The impression I get is that Mikel is so proud of his shielding ability rather than moving the ball forward quickly.
Given the shambolic preparations for the England game, I actually backed off a bit, on the criticism, but this is a glaring issue in most post-qualification games.

There are many issues that Naija should fix however, speeding up the transition time from D to A is paramount.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Vic Mo and Mikel are big culprits here.

Ighalo is actually OK, (nay as sharp as he has always been) but he is caught between a rock and a hard place. Iheanacho is even worse off, because he cannot muscle off defenders, while watching Mikel dance around 2-3 opponents or Vic Mo caress the ball for TV. :boo:
The day we get back to being this team that can switch both pace and play within seconds like below is the day we start get back to being Africa's hope for a WC top 4:

[/video]

There are so many things to love about this particular goal: the communication, the skills, the wicked defense splitting pass, the mass movement of the forward line so much so that had Yekini missed, there were two backups waiting to clean up. This was a team!!!!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Please go and watch Nigeria Vs Cameroon ,the first leg and then tell us if everything you said is true. Who was instrumental to almost all the goals? And didn't they come from counter attacks in which Moses was involved?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

highbury wrote:
I don’t think the question was about Victor Moses scoring any goals,it’s more about his contribution to the team that’s why the question is “would Iwobi have scored those goals”?
I doubt it Victor would have assisted anyone and the fact that Nigeria where trailing 2-0 at some point Victor would have most likely just ran with the ball and started shooting which wouldn’t help the situation!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

gochino wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Please go and watch Nigeria Vs Cameroon ,the first leg and then tell us if everything you said is true. Who was instrumental to almost all the goals? And didn't they come from counter attacks in which Moses was involved?
Yes he played intelligently against Cameroon. Why has he stopped playing like that for the SE? We can't live off that game he had against Cameroon forever. We need goals at the WC! :woot: Until he changes his attitude, I say ... bench his a$$! Maybe he can come on as a sub in the last 10 minutes of a game in which we are leading, to dribble the ball to the corner flag and keep it there ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

I have noticed for a very long time that Moses is an extremely selfish player, who often would rather shoot from far and kill birds instead of making simple passes.

Either that or he wants to dribble the length of the pitch when a pass would achieve the same in less time. The guy plays "bigman" football for us full stop.

Thing is on his day he is a difference maker, but what he needs is a proper coach to put him in his place.

Thing is because of Rohrs piss poor selection of wide players, and Simon's subsequent injury, we dont really have other options.

Musa is just too boneheaded to bring in for a full match.

Etebo maybe ?

Rohr just needs to run the riot act on Moses, because I agree with you that he holds us back very often, and he has been piss poor in the last few friendlies.
The thing is so infuriating. There was one sequence against England where we had just executed a beautiful transition move against them and Moses had the ball about 40 yards from the English goal. Acres of space. Iwobi is running, Ebuehi is motoring down the right, Ighalo is moving. Acres of space! England defenders are discombobulated all over the place. I was thinking, surely this is the equalizer. This is it! :thumbs:

What does Moses do? Takes a comical shot from god knows how many yards! Chei, I almost broke my new 75 inch Samsung HDTV and I LOVE that tv! :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Yes he does that from time to time but jayjay was worse than him in this regard. Most times he draws 2 to 3 players out of position.It is duty of the other players to be intelligent enough to slide into those holes but most times the other players have zero movement and fail to adjust and take advantage of the situation leaving him with no other option but to hang on to the ball a bit longer.
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

No Iwobi wouldn't have scored if Moses played the way he did in his two most recent appearances for the SE. He would have been more of an impediment :idea:
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Victor Moses is too selfish , seem not to work with his team mates. Had the chance to pass to Igahlo and iwobi but took shoots by himself. His game is very bad for SE. remember we won without him against Argentina
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Na today? Even the vaunted 2013 ANC performance is all in our heads. His selfishness almost cost us against Ethiopia when he chose to round the keeper instead of a simple pass to Musa to tap into an empty net. We got bailed out by a penalty call.

Moses is a liability.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

He does annoy me atimes but truth is in our current setup without quality competition for his position, there is no way to get him motivated during friendlies. Our much beloved JJ used to irritate me in a similar way in his younger days
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?