Nigeria's World Cup Final...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria's World Cup Final...

Post by ANC »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robotnik wrote:I have already concluded that we have lost this game.

Iceland should put us back on track.
:lol:

:lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Would seriously consider Musa in place of Ighalo vs Croatia
As a lone striker or part of a duo? If 2, who will you have as his partner?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
In front of Mikel, but with a starting position out wide and running diagonally.

Allows us break with the long ball from deep (Mikel would drop a little to pick uo Modric). Plus none of Lovren or Vida can deal with his pace...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
In front of Mikel, but with a starting position out wide and running diagonally.

Allows us break with the long ball from deep (Mikel would drop a little to pick up Modric). Plus none of Lovren or Vida can deal with his pace...
Good idea but I'm not sure that it fits into Rohr's vision for his CF. I see him a bit like Conte (rigid in approach) who's CF has a primary responsibility as a point of reference who fights for balls and holds up play to bring others into play. He doesn't favor the modern striker's way of playing - i.e. relying on pace & movement as opposed to the traditional striker who relies on physical strength and excels in playing with his back to goal. I might be wrong but that's my impression.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Allows us break with the long ball from deep (Mikel would drop a little to pick up Modric). Plus none of Lovren or Vida can deal with his pace...
Good idea but I'm not sure that it fits into Rohr's vision for his CF. I see him a bit like Conte (rigid in approach) who's CF has a primary responsibility as a point of reference who fights for balls and holds up play to bring others into play. He doesn't favor the modern striker's way of playing - i.e. relying on pace & movement as opposed to the traditional striker who relies on physical strength and excels in playing with his back to goal. I might be wrong but that's my impression.

Not a radical departure frankly. Note that I am speaking about role NOT position per se. cus you can use Musa in place of Iwobi, but have him as the deep threat.

which means Ighalo drops back when we do not have the ball and Musa retains the depth....

A little bit like LFC, where Salah is the de facto #9
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Not a radical departure frankly. Note that I am speaking about role NOT position per se. cus you can use Musa in place of Iwobi, but have him as the deep threat.

which means Ighalo drops back when we do not have the ball and Musa retains the depth....

A little bit like LFC, where Salah is the de facto #9
I got it.