Nigeria's World Cup Final...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria's World Cup Final...

Post by txj »

In my considered opinion, Nigeria's world cup will come down to Kaliningrad on June 16. For me, given the schedule of games, the loser goes home; period....

The biggest tactical question Nigeria will face in this game in particular and in the world cup in general, will be how to play within limited space and time.

Nigeria's world cup will be defined by possession. But not in absolute numbers, rather the efficiency of possession, when she has the ball, and the organization in the non-possession phase when/if the opponent has controlled possession...
Read More at...
https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/
Last edited by txj on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria's World Cup Final...

Post by txj »

In my considered opinion, Nigeria's world cup will come down to Kaliningrad on June 6. For me, given the schedule of games, the loser goes home; period....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is why I see an almighty 'gunfight' in central midfield at the Arena Baltika, and everybody better come with their weapons, fully loaded, with intent to execute, with neither malice nor charity, and no prisoners taken!!!

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bia, this is not allowed.

You have to add a snippet of what the link is about.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There's a quiet confidence within the Croatian camp that it would be a big mistake for Nigeria to high press in midfield, and that with elite midfielders in Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic and Kovacic, they possess the experience and craft to easily play through the first line of Nigerian high press by slowing the tempo and 'boxing' the Super Eagles, before switching to undefended zones and then unbalance Nigeria in defence, with quick through balls behind the fullbacks, or in the space on either side of central defence.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

txj wrote:
In my considered opinion, Nigeria's world cup will come down to Kaliningrad on June 6. For me, given the schedule of games, the loser goes home; period....

The biggest tactical question Nigeria will face in this game in particular and in the world cup in general, will be how to play within limited space and time.

Nigeria's world cup will be defined by possession. But not in absolute numbers, rather the efficiency of possession, when she has the ball, and the organization in the non-possession phase when/if the opponent has controlled possession...
Read More at...
What sort of crap is this? What game did Nigeria play on June 6. No br by force abeg.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
In my considered opinion, Nigeria's world cup will come down to Kaliningrad on June 16. For me, given the schedule of games, the loser goes home; period....

Read More at...
Pretty good article. Not your typical pessimistic (realistic...in your opinion) piece. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Would seriously consider Musa in place of Ighalo vs Croatia

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We no need all these WAEC!

Historically, every time we collect at least 1 point from first match, we make it to the knockout round!

Lets win and pray 0-0 draw between Argentina and Iceland.

Heck, in WC 2010, we could have made it to the next round with just 3 points if Yak just scored that goal!

Cmoke :D :D :D
txj wrote:

Read More at...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

Read More at...
Pretty good article. Not your typical pessimistic (realistic...in your opinion) piece. :P

Are you sure :biggrin:
The key question is, given everything said, can this Nigeria team beat Croatia? The simple answer is that given the vulnerabilities in the Croatian defense, Nigeria will get opportunities and can beat the Croats. But there is little doubt in my mind that Croatia will start with some clear advantages over Nigeria in both playing personnel and team structures. Overall a lot for Nigeria will depend on how well Rohr calibrates his tactics and the maximum concentration of the players.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

As expected, Modric takes a nominal deep role. But do not be fooled by it...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:Would seriously consider Musa in place of Ighalo vs Croatia
Would love to see that as well.

His pace will bother them.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

They will switch from 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2, and I suspect, use Kramaric to overload central MF in the 2nd build up stage and in the wide areas subsequently, most probably on their left...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

IMO, Croatia starts with a clear edge over Nigeria.

For us it will come down to getting the balance right and the maximum concentration of the players. There are vulnerabilities out there that we have the qualities to take advantage of...
Last edited by txj on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I take the view that Nigeria can high press Croatia, but it needs to be situational. I'm convinced our first press will get there, its the second line I'm more worried about...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Would seriously consider Musa in place of Ighalo vs Croatia
Would love to see that as well.

His pace will bother them.

True, but it also allows us drop Mikel a little bit lower...

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I have already concluded that we have lost this game.

Iceland should put us back on track.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I remember in 2014 and all the talk about how Dzeko and pjanic we're 3 levels ahaead of onazi only for babatunde to show dem pepper. A lot of the people talking now are the same yanning dust including txj. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robotnik wrote:I have already concluded that we have lost this game.

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:

:oops:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

A shame Simon Moses isn't available but Musa, playing behind a striker - Ighalo or more interestingly Simy, could work just as well.

I expect Nigeria to start in 3-5-2 and defend in a low block although I don't think they'd need to/should do. There's cause and opportunity for Rohr to be daring in his starting lineup, but he's a conservative guy - to dare isn't his default setting.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

:oops:
https://go.footballpredictions.com/bwin.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je8Ki0ZBhlQ

[/video]
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:A shame Simon Moses isn't available but Musa, playing behind a striker - Ighalo or more interestingly Simy, could work just as well.

I expect Nigeria to start in 3-5-2 and defend in a low block although I don't think they'd need to/should do. There's cause and opportunity for Rohr to be daring in his starting lineup, but he's a conservative guy - to dare isn't his default setting.

He can also play Moses on the right to help control Perisic.

Its really simple for me, tactically speaking that is. We control them in central MF, be concentrated in defence and we win the game...