10 reasons why I have utmost faith in Odion Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 10 reasons why I have utmost faith in Odion Ighalo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
john12 wrote:I don’t get the fascination with these target man nonsense. Your job as a striker is to score goals and kelechi has shown that he is more than capable enough of scoring goals when played as a top 9. You don’t have to be the best at hiding the ball in order to score goals and as long an you can score or create chances then you’re good

That's because your knowledge of football is limited. If you cannot keep the ball, you cannot create chances to score!
How do you explain the fact that Nacho has more goals than Ighalo? Logic really has never been your strong suit :!:

Cheers.
More ignorant garbage. In 94, Amunike scores more goals than Yekini, should we have played him as our targetman?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Synopsis wrote:We lost to South Africa because he didn’t receive any service from Etebo and company. We couldn’t string more than 2 passes together.
Actually, Ayo is correct on that one. Whenever Kelechi played as the lone striker, the ball failed to stick on his foot. He needs another partner to create space for him to succeed. And even though that Ighalo isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's our best option to start especially when we start with 1 striker. Left for me, both Kelechi and Ighalo should start in a 352.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

green4life wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We lost to South Africa because he didn’t receive any service from Etebo and company. We couldn’t string more than 2 passes together.
Actually, Ayo is correct on that one. Whenever Kelechi played as the lone striker, the ball failed to stick on his foot. He needs another partner to create space for him to succeed. And even though that Ighalo isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's our best option to start especially when we start with 1 striker. Left for me, both Kelechi and Ighalo should start in a 352.
I would stick with 4-3-3 and play Iheanacho and Moses as my wide men aside Igalo on each flank. Let Iwobi playmake ahead of Mikel and Ndidi, with Ebuehi and Joel providing width!