Croatia coach reveals starting XI for Super Eagles game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Croatia coach reveals starting XI for Super Eagles game

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Dem don ready for us? Kai, we still practicing set pieces and defending. Yeaapaaa, dis wc go dey hard o? :scared: :scared: :scared:
Bros easy! Make you no fear.
Shebi you've guaranteed 3pts abi. I see you've already started shaking before piooom. :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yes bros, I did and I still do. Unless I misunderstood the message, else I MAINTAIN we will BEAT Croatia and top the group.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sooo nah to use 3-5-2 wey England use scatter our similar formation for first half of the friendly abi?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote:
waka-man wrote:Wow! This lineup is fighting talk. A real dare to Nigeria:

- daring Nigeria to attack on the wings and leave holes behind
- daring Nigeria to sit back and let them find the run and the holes
- daring Nigeria to play three at the back and get out passed in the middle of the park

Here’s the the thing: I think we’ll take the dare -

Really push those wing backs wide and forward and isolate their full backs
Really be patient and disciplined when the have the ball and rely on our pace on the counter
Really play 3, nay 5 at the back with Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi just ahead and Moses primed to run fast breaks

An intriguing match up awaits. It’ll be a feast for the neutrals and real contrasts in styles
Perisic is very fast and very direct. If we push too up on that side, they will do to us what they did to Senegal through that position
I know. But we’ve gotta call their bluff on this and trust Ndidi and Balogun to cover that. Otherwise we’ll end up with 5 at the back even when we have the ball.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Perhaps Moses to fill the right wing back role...? Though I'd *expect* Ebuehi to start....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Does the name of everyone in that country end with "ic"? :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:Does the name of everyone in that country end with "ic"? :)

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Bros..if you are not coaching, you are wasting your God given talent
waka-man wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

- daring Nigeria to play three at the back and get out passed in the middle of the park

Really be patient and disciplined when the have the ball and rely on our pace on the counter
Really play 3, nay 5 at the back with Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi just ahead and Moses primed to run fast breaks

An intriguing match up awaits. It’ll be a feast for the neutrals and real contrasts in styles
Perisic is very fast and very direct. If we push too up on that side, they will do to us what they did to Senegal through that position
I know. But we’ve gotta call their bluff on this and trust Ndidi and Balogun to cover that. Otherwise we’ll end up with 5 at the back even when we have the ball.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

It ends with an itch.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

So are you Mate-itch or Mate-ic ?
mate wrote:

It ends with an itch.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

We absolutely have to play to our strengths. Stretch them. It's a must, it's when we're at our best. Send those wingbacks forward and have our midfield cover for them.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

Thank God one person can play the ball at a time. Niaja too fear name. They have a lot more to worry about, in both our attack and their defense.. It will boil down to who can get 2 or 3 goals in, because both side should score.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Amen wrote:Thank God one person can play the ball at a time. Niaja too fear name. They have a lot more to worry about, in both our attack and their defense.. It will boil down to who can get 2 or 3 goals in, because both side should score.
Do u think we have scorers in the 352 being considered? I’d like to see
One of Musa or nacho in the line up. We need a player that can spring a surprise but I don’t think we have enough
OCCUPY NFF!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

nanijoe wrote:So are you Mate-itch or Mate-ic ?
mate wrote:

It ends with an itch.

I'm one of those rare Croatians with a last name that doesn't end with an itch.

It lets me disassociate myself more easily when we bomb.

:tic:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

Reminds me of 98 and the first match against Spain. In that game Spain too decided to go on the attack and who could blame them. We were awful in our pre tourney friendlies getting beat like we stole meat. At the last minute we lost our promising rightback Bros Jero to a tourney ending injury, so Spain decided to go for the kill. (They were red hot in the lead up to that tourney). They left Nadal a centreback by nature to play defensive midfield and packed the team with attacking talent. Big mistake, big big mistake. After their initial first rush, (what is it with Naija, big tournament ball, manage manage keepers and setpieces) Naija bossed the midfield like an area boy at the Queens birthday party. Okocha used Nadal for a skill workshop, the Spanish were lucky to go in level at half time and the writing was in big letters on the wall. Spain dropped Nadal back into the midfield and brought on a proper defensive midfielder but it was too late by then. Our boys knew that the golden boys of spain (all those big name players, playing for top teams in Spain, Hierro, Raul, luis Enrique blah blah blah) were actually Panda (Fake gold)
Guys used those big names to earn themselves big contracts. The point is players play matches not names.
my times are in HIS hands
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Amen wrote:Thank God one person can play the ball at a time. Niaja too fear name. They have a lot more to worry about, in both our attack and their defense.. It will boil down to who can get 2 or 3 goals in, because both side should score.
Do u think we have scorers in the 352 being considered? I’d like to see
One of Musa or nacho in the line up. We need a player that can spring a surprise but I don’t think we have enough
Emir, I honestly do. Teams like Croatia who look awesome on paper rarely do as well as advertised. Either side will suffer when being attacked by the opposition... with the ball in the defenders half. We have played poorly in the last few games and are due a break out game shortly. I believe this is the most balanced team we have taken to the WC for a while. I will take our chances with Moses, Ighalo, Kelechi and Iwobi. We get in the box and the conversion rate is very high.
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

pasamu wrote:Reminds me of 98 and the first match against Spain. In that game Spain too decided to go on the attack and who could blame them. We were awful in our pre tourney friendlies getting beat like we stole meat. At the last minute we lost our promising rightback Bros Jero to a tourney ending injury, so Spain decided to go for the kill. (They were red hot in the lead up to that tourney). They left Nadal a centreback by nature to play defensive midfield and packed the team with attacking talent. Big mistake, big big mistake. After their initial first rush, (what is it with Naija, big tournament ball, manage manage keepers and setpieces) Naija bossed the midfield like an area boy at the Queens birthday party. Okocha used Nadal for a skill workshop, the Spanish were lucky to go in level at half time and the writing was in big letters on the wall. Spain dropped Nadal back into the midfield and brought on a proper defensive midfielder but it was too late by then. Our boys knew that the golden boys of spain (all those big name players, playing for top teams in Spain, Hierro, Raul, luis Enrique blah blah blah) were actually Panda (Fake gold)
Guys used those big names to earn themselves big contracts. The point is players play matches not names.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

pasamu wrote:Reminds me of 98 and the first match against Spain. In that game Spain too decided to go on the attack and who could blame them. We were awful in our pre tourney friendlies getting beat like we stole meat. At the last minute we lost our promising rightback Bros Jero to a tourney ending injury, so Spain decided to go for the kill. (They were red hot in the lead up to that tourney). They left Nadal a centreback by nature to play defensive midfield and packed the team with attacking talent. Big mistake, big big mistake. After their initial first rush, (what is it with Naija, big tournament ball, manage manage keepers and setpieces) Naija bossed the midfield like an area boy at the Queens birthday party. Okocha used Nadal for a skill workshop, the Spanish were lucky to go in level at half time and the writing was in big letters on the wall. Spain dropped Nadal back into the midfield and brought on a proper defensive midfielder but it was too late by then. Our boys knew that the golden boys of spain (all those big name players, playing for top teams in Spain, Hierro, Raul, luis Enrique blah blah blah) were actually Panda (Fake gold)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nostalgia is a wild thing... :lol: :lol:

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote:
joao wrote:Howdy mate? I see you are pumped up for the tournament.
Hope your team have a good showing, and of course losing to the SE
while beating Argentina. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers!!!
Yeah, Mate! Please tell your team to take it easy on us. We are friends here :D :) Already some of my country people are beginning to pee on themselves due to fear :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I have never seen such reaction on CE even when facing Brazil
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

metalalloy wrote:
Nostalgia is a wild thing... :lol: :lol:

This guy sabi tell story o :rotf:
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

We dare NOT show up for the match.. :ohmy:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

asabatex wrote:We dare NOT show up for the match.. :ohmy:
Bros, I tell you! We shouldn't even bother doing anything. We should ONLY remain in our Hotel rooms, place a call to FIFA and Croatia personnel from our Hotel, sign some papers and have the matchpoints awarded to Croatia and, be done.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
asabatex wrote:We dare NOT show up for the match.. :ohmy:
Bros, I tell you! We shouldn't even bother doing anything. We should ONLY remain in our Hotel rooms, place a call to FIFA and Croatia personnel from our Hotel, sign some papers and have the matchpoints awarded to Croatia and, be done.
Nna, let's just forfeit the match and allow FIFA to award us a 3-0 defeat. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.