Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6863
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Odemwingie believes those who play for the north African nations are "more clever" at reading the game and has also noticed a physical difference.
"The players in the north are a little bit leaner.

"They always start free-kicks faster, they have the mental game a bit more than the sub-Saharan teams."

"European coaches are different because they can offer a lot more than the matchday," added Odemwingie.

"They can prepare better tactically rather than just relying on talent, which is what our coaches did.

"Now football has gone to sports science, nutrition… these are things some of our coaches had never even heard about.

"We're more dependent on experienced coaches but we've a problem because we're trying to grow our own managers and coaches."


PS, apologies if any word offensive to people native to North Africa was used in the title. I searched & didn't see that either word was a slur.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15239
The Russian is coming out of him

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4189
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12641
Location: USA
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.


Kpom!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20361
Location: Ukwuani
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.

Really? Did you say that? If Osaze is not a Nigerian, what is he?

You were very correct with your initial points or statements, but went offline with your last sentence

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4189
Odas wrote:
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.

Really? Did you say that? If Osaze is not a Nigerian, what is he?

You were very correct with your initial points or statements, but went offline with your last sentence


I don't expect such statements from a Nigerian. More importantly a Nigerian who represented the country. Hence my statement


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3794
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.

True....that was lame from Osaze.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10369
Location: seattle
highbury wrote:
Odas wrote:
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.

Really? Did you say that? If Osaze is not a Nigerian, what is he?

You were very correct with your initial points or statements, but went offline with your last sentence


I don't expect such statements from a Nigerian. More importantly a Nigerian who represented the country. Hence my statement


do you want his opinion or yours

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16012
Location: El-Menzah
Between this and Mascherano the lazy narrative absurdity pre WC right on time..that train is never late.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44198
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
truetalk wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Odemwingie believes those who play for the north African nations are "more clever" at reading the game and has also noticed a physical difference.
"The players in the north are a little bit leaner.

"They always start free-kicks faster, they have the mental game a bit more than the sub-Saharan teams."

"European coaches are different because they can offer a lot more than the matchday," added Odemwingie.

"They can prepare better tactically rather than just relying on talent, which is what our coaches did.

"Now football has gone to sports science, nutrition… these are things some of our coaches had never even heard about.

"We're more dependent on experienced coaches but we've a problem because we're trying to grow our own managers and coaches."


PS, apologies if any word offensive to people native to North Africa was used in the title. I searched & didn't see that either word was a slur.


Thanks for posting the link to the actual article. There's more to the article other than the pieces you highlighted.

Osaze made valid points in the context the article was written.

I urge people who commented without reading the full article to please read the article.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22281
Cellular wrote:
truetalk wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Odemwingie believes those who play for the north African nations are "more clever" at reading the game and has also noticed a physical difference.
"The players in the north are a little bit leaner.

"They always start free-kicks faster, they have the mental game a bit more than the sub-Saharan teams."

"European coaches are different because they can offer a lot more than the matchday," added Odemwingie.

"They can prepare better tactically rather than just relying on talent, which is what our coaches did.

"Now football has gone to sports science, nutrition… these are things some of our coaches had never even heard about.

"We're more dependent on experienced coaches but we've a problem because we're trying to grow our own managers and coaches."


PS, apologies if any word offensive to people native to North Africa was used in the title. I searched & didn't see that either word was a slur.


Thanks for posting the link to the actual article. There's more to the article other than the pieces you highlighted.

Osaze made valid points in the context the article was written.

I urge people who commented without reading the full article to please read the article.

Chair.....take time ooo. :-x
I read the whole article because of your post .........Osaze still remains a brainless buffoon.
The clown talks without EVER thinking.... What a dumbo :evil:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 8459
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.

_________________
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13351
Location: Here
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.

I beg to differ.
He is 9ja through and through. :D

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6863
Folks. It is not that serious O!

Osaze na Naija boy. Just can occasionally be a bit of a troublemaker when he feels he is fighting for his right, and yes he does need to be sensitive about some statements.

He however served Nigeria and played for the SE for at least 12 years.

Folks should also remember that he was also in the Insurance setup from childhood, and Willy Bazuaye reportedly had some wild coaching methods. Not sure if he was around the likes of Alabi Aisien


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44198
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
ogasir wrote:
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.


A very stupid offensive post.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6863
ogasir wrote:
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.


Bro, E no reach dis one now!

I actually had a bit of a laugh reading it, thinking, Ozase should be more sensitive about what he says, but no human is half-breed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
Suspended Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm
Posts: 8374
ogasir wrote:
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.


You’re better then that.

Also, truetalk, no offense taken brother.

_________________
YUJAM wrote:
I've been wearing my Egypt avatar with pride

YUJAM the pharaoh
amafolas wrote:
are you sure it is People Destroying People and not Politicians Destroying People

"So long as I need to ask you once Lord Snow; are you a brother of Night's Watch or a *kindperson* boy who wants to play at war!?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26558
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Cellular wrote:
ogasir wrote:
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.


A very stupid offensive post.


It is a boomerang insult. I am not mixed race, but if I was, I would never be offended by this, I would just laugh.

What is the origin of this type of thinking? It is a primitive form of thinking related to ethnic purity. Someone who believes in such a thing and proclaims it, is an insult upon themselves.

If I were Suya reading that, I wouldn't be offended, I would just laugh.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7816
All you guys talking smack now all adopted Osaze as your hero in 2014 even though it was plain to see he was an unrepentant charlatan. I will never forget that his on-field selfishness cost us better finishes at both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups :!:


Cheers.


Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
Cellular wrote:
ogasir wrote:
Osaze is a stupid half-breed.


A very stupid offensive post.



Shouldn't ogasir be cooling off his lips somewhere for that post?

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26558
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Don't rewrite history, Osaze was one of our better players in 2014.

Also, in an era in which we had a plethora of brainless wingers, Odemwingie was a breath of fresh air. Yes he was winger (for those who remember), he was a forward utility player, someone who could play in just about every position upfront, so we might rewrite history and only think of him as a striker. Ayo Akinfe was not drunk when he said he was a 10, it was because Osaze was a utility player who was happy to play anywhere going forward.

He was primarily a winger for Nigeria, but I suppose he became branded as a striker in the later years, when it was required from him. As a winger though, he was a class above the likes of Nsofor and Musa. Perhaps Obasi could have been said to be better, but Obasi was injured half the time.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:
What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.


Kpom!


Highbury has a point. The sub saharan teams have done much better than the northern teams. The whole 'smarts' thing isnt a new perspective nor is it unique to Odemwingie. Any Nigerian who has followed the game for a while especially in the 70s/80s when our club football was stronger, will be familiar with that sentiment in terms of the 'cunning' nature of the northern teams. I don't necessarily agree with Odemwingie and he does have the tendency to indulge in stereotyping.

As far as his not being Nigerian, that's just an extremely silly comment.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline
Suspended Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm
Posts: 8374
Does anyone think heat and humidity has anything to do with lethargy? Up North here in the USA we consider Southerners to be slow and lazy. Then you go down South during the Summer getting hit with the heat and humidity and realize why.

_________________
YUJAM wrote:
I've been wearing my Egypt avatar with pride

YUJAM the pharaoh
amafolas wrote:
are you sure it is People Destroying People and not Politicians Destroying People

"So long as I need to ask you once Lord Snow; are you a brother of Night's Watch or a *kindperson* boy who wants to play at war!?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aranka5, Google [Bot], kalani JR, living, TonyTheTigerKiller and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group