Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 pm 

those gals at the airport were a little too excited.

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm 

Damunk wrote:
Lovely!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm 

King Futcha wrote:
those gals at the airport were a little too excited.
I guess for some Russian girls, the sight of a group of athletic, well-dressed, well-groomed black guys is a little too much to take in all at once. :D :thumb: :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...

... and we are on our way to winning. Just watch; at least, being there gives us some chances.

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm 

Up eagusss!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:16 pm 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm 

They look happy together. I haven't seen the SE like this for a long time :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:35 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.

well-spoken Mayor

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

well-spoken Mayor

As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm 

Unfortunately, this outfit will also be blamed when the inevitable eventually happens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm 

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

well-spoken Mayor

As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

Guilty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smoking grass.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm 

cic old boy wrote:

Ameeeooooooo! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 pm 

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.

Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 pm 

charlie wrote:

Abeg, put am for archive! Up Eagles!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

FATHER TIKO wrote:
BBC Sports Today programme on Monday called the outfit the best in the tournament...

O.k. ...oo...Best kits..now best outfits...
At least we're making a loud statement on this festival of football...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:45 pm 

green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.

wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:02 pm 

jette1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.

wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough
Jette, football is entertainment!
Weytin you tink say e be?
Biafran War? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 am 

my point is - must we always be the entertainer.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm 

jette1 wrote:
my point is - must we always be the entertainer.

My guy, just shut the rass up. Football is entertainment.