Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 4860


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 35852
Location: UK
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 19443
Location: Chiraq
those gals at the airport were a little too excited.

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 19614
Location: Ukwuani
Damunk wrote:
Lovely!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 35852
Location: UK
King Futcha wrote:
those gals at the airport were a little too excited.
I guess for some Russian girls, the sight of a group of athletic, well-dressed, well-groomed black guys is a little too much to take in all at once. :D :thumb: :D

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 19614
Location: Ukwuani
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...

... and we are on our way to winning. Just watch; at least, being there gives us some chances.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 43450
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...


At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:18 pm
Posts: 79
Up eagusss!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 9272
Location: southeast, DC
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
Image
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm
Posts: 57
They look happy together. I haven't seen the SE like this for a long time :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35150
Location: Somewhere
cic old boy wrote:
Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.



well-spoken Mayor

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 6425
Location: US
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.



well-spoken Mayor


As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

_________________
Image

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am
Posts: 864
Unfortunately, this outfit will also be blamed when the inevitable eventually happens


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35150
Location: Somewhere
Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.



well-spoken Mayor


As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?



Guilty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 56355
metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...


At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smoking grass.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 39913
Location: on the move
cic old boy wrote:
Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.


Ameeeooooooo! :thumbs:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 39913
Location: on the move
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:


Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:33 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Christmas Island
charlie wrote:

Abeg, put am for archive! Up Eagles!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
FATHER TIKO wrote:
BBC Sports Today programme on Monday called the outfit the best in the tournament...

O.k. ...oo...Best kits..now best outfits...
At least we're making a loud statement on this festival of football...

:clap: :clap: :clap:


Yep. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10031
Location: seattle
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:


Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:


wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 35852
Location: UK
jette1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.

Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:


Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:


wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough
Jette, football is entertainment!
Weytin you tink say e be?
Biafran War? :roll:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10031
Location: seattle
my point is - must we always be the entertainer.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 56355
jette1 wrote:
my point is - must we always be the entertainer.

My guy, just shut the rass up. Football is entertainment.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahidjo, ANC, asheq almozmar, BigMuze, Bigpokey24, Blatter, blueangel, bret- hart, cchinukw, charlie, CIC, Coach, DIMKA76, goldenera94, Google [Bot], greg, jungle-jawara, kolinzo, lagos777, marko, marutimon, mec2000, Nobleman, obrin2, Oguleftie, ohsee, oloye, oscar52, pens, Pounded Yam, Rawlings, ugly boy, waka-man, Yomi, zee and 63 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group