Nigeria wins World Cup (of style) - GQ Magazine

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria wins World Cup (of style) - GQ Magazine

Post by Cmoke »

https://www.gq.com/story/nigeria-world-cup-travel-style

Step one: design an incredible jersey. Step two: travel in matching white-and-green fits.

By now, you might be familiar with Nigeria’s World Cup kit, a series of green jerseys so good-looking that Nike received a reported three million pre-orders from fans queueing up in the clamor to get their hands on one. The demand was so fevered that the Super Eagles had friends and family hitting them up for a connect, to no avail: Forward Alex Iwobi saw an Arsenal teammate beg him for one. Hand-painted signs reading “Alex Iwobi Pls Can I Have Ur Shirt” or “Super Eagles can I please have a shirt” are a common sight in the stands.

It’s difficult to follow up that kind of hype, but the Super Eagles are determined, and extremely fashionable. Just look at what they're wearing off the field: The team pulled up for their flight from Austria to Russia in instantly iconic matching ensembles. Crisp, zip-up white dashikis with a winged green pattern were layered over pristine cropped white trousers. White fedoras (these get a pass) with a matching green band and feather, along with white backless loafers with green trim and tassels, completed the extremely slick travel look. The Internet at large is taking note, with a team photo garnering thousands of retweets and counting.

The hype surrounding Nigeria’s kits and overall aesthetic seems emblematic of football’s rising star in the fashion world. Those Nike jerseys we mentioned earlier are now harder to come by than the latest Supreme, and are fetching a mint on the resale market. This is part of a larger trend: Gosha Rubchinskiy is designing kits for Adidas, Virgil Abloh churned out soccer gear for Nike, and Versace and Burberry have recently taken soccer inspiration down the runway.

Soccer’s enormous, worldwide fandom and the timeless appeal of the kit guarantee this won't be a short-lived trend. And while the World Cup might just be gearing up for a start this Thursday, as far as we’re concerned, it’s shut down: Before anything's started, Nigeria has already won.
Last edited by Cmoke on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria wins World Cup (of style) - GQ Magazine

Post by zee »

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

chei !! we have been turned into Jamaican bobsled team
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

FINALLY, NIGERIA IS A FIRST...

...in something good, even if not really important.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:FINALLY, NIGERIA IS A FIRST...

Bell
:clap: :clap: :clap:

It could be something "really important" because fashion is a huge INDUSTRY that employs ten of thousands along the value chain (even though I do not believe our kit design was localized).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

does NFF even know how to capitalize on all these hype; these dashiki as they called it could be selling at Nike stores along the kits
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Fashion wey be multi zillion dollar business no important?

Our boys handed Naija fashion a big financial boost!

Now all we have to do now is win our games!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gotti wrote:
Bell wrote:FINALLY, NIGERIA IS A FIRST...

Bell
:clap: :clap: :clap:

It could be something "really important" because fashion is a huge INDUSTRY that employs ten of thousands along the value chain (even though I do not believe our kit design was localized).