Inexperience Was Nigeria Problem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Inexperience Was Nigeria Problem

Post by Vindave »

It really showed that Our Players were inexperience.... if not what will one say about Ekong foul, It was very wrong of him to have allowed a striker to be in front of him and for him to grab him down like a wrestler.

Then, we have issues defending set pieces and i don't know why we should conceding set pieces self.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Inexperience Was Nigeria Problem

Post by Vindave »

Meanwhile, the Etebo own goal was not really his fault. I blame the whole defense for that goal....
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Izdatso? How many times have I said that you can’t take an under 23 team to the World Cup and expect miracles :?: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

What experience does the Iceland have to draw against Argies. We were simply tactically naive playing police long balls with tall croats in the 1st half and praying for Moses to path the Croatian sea in the 2nd. We better play our style of all attacking football against Iceland or another player will soon land slipper on Mrs Galavant Obi's face.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The England game was the catalyst for today loss, 2 weeks to the world cup and you cant even play the basics of foootball, Croatia just did their home work, very simple, let the africans make mistakes and we punish them, plain and simple! Everytime they had a freekick, i got scared, watch Iceland, they defended like a team, a country of less than 500,000 people compared to Nigeria, we offeed nothing up front, Ighalo was looking for crumbs, if anything screwed Nigeria, it was tactics, Mikel is no playmaker, pure and simple, Iwobi would have done better through the middle, what was Rohr thinking? Well he is European just like Croatia, that sums it up for me
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

We must go back to our all attacking football. We go forward together, we go back together, we attack together, we defend together. That is what Nigeria is known for and that is what has brought us success. All these slow and stupid backward passing by players conserving energy is NOT us.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The reason Ighalo was looking for crumbs was because he's just not good enough when he gets the ball.

There is a reason that Iheanacho's and Ighalo's strike rate in this same team is so different.

Honestly, I can't fathom why Ighalo is still starting. After England and whatnot...
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

marko wrote:The England game was the catalyst for today loss, 2 weeks to the world cup and you cant even play the basics of foootball, Croatia just did their home work, very simple, let the africans make mistakes and we punish them, plain and simple! Everytime they had a freekick, i got scared, watch Iceland, they defended like a team, a country of less than 500,000 people compared to Nigeria, we offeed nothing up front, Ighalo was looking for crumbs, if anything screwed Nigeria, it was tactics, Mikel is no playmaker, pure and simple, Iwobi would have done better through the middle, what was Rohr thinking? Well he is European just like Croatia, that sums it up for me
I want to agree with you here....

I think is the coach to killed our games... He played some our best players in wrong positions plus not changing formation when the one he started was not working for us...

Our line up should have been (even though I am not a coach):

==================Izonho==========================

idowu=============Ekong============Balogun========== Ebuhei

===============Mikel==============Ndidi===============

Etebo=====================Iwobi======================= Moses

=======================Ihenacho=============================

This should be our line up against Island. I see Croatia going own because they were not fantastic today. they simply lash on our mistakes and benefit.

Iwobi need to be played in his natural position and a creative midfielder.... to play behind the striker(s). Let Mikel seat in front of the defence line. And occasionally Ndidi drawing back to cover up once Ebuehi and Idowu travelled upfront.

secondly, bring Musa and Simmy in the second time when we despirately need a goal.
Last edited by Vindave on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Problem is not taking skillful players to the world cup who are known to express themselves by moving the ball forward.
We are bombarded in aerial onslaught at the backline, yet Eze that can help out at the back with such was not even given a chance.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ekorian wrote:What experience does the Iceland have to draw against Argies. We were simply tactically naive playing police long balls with tall croats in the 1st half and praying for Moses to path the Croatian sea in the 2nd. We better play our style of all attacking football against Iceland or another player will soon land slipper on Mrs Galavant Obi's face.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Oguleftie wrote:Problem is not taking skillful players to the world cup who are known to express themselves by moving the ball forward.
We are bombarded in aerial onslaught at the backline, yet Eze that can help out at the back with such was not even given a chance.
Nonsense analysis as usual.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

zee wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Problem is not taking skillful players to the world cup who are known to express themselves by moving the ball forward.
Nonsense analysis as usual.
What is nonsense is the Croatia match.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ekorian wrote:What experience does the Iceland have to draw against Argies. We were simply tactically naive playing police long balls with tall croats in the 1st half and praying for Moses to path the Croatian sea in the 2nd. We better play our style of all attacking football against Iceland or another player will soon land slipper on Mrs Galavant Obi's face.
Sometimes when you people say the kind of stuff you said in your first line, I query why people make these sort of allegations. You mean the experience the Iceland team got from Euro has not helped their development?

I can say that in the past we had the privilege of the African Cup of nations falling in the same year as the world cup and it helped to prepare the team for the world cup proper. A number of what is seen now would have been seen.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Is not as if our players dont have skills is just that many of them were played in wrong position.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well lets look forward to a brilliant world cup irrespective of where Nigeria ends up, they dont belong to this sort of company
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Vindave wrote:Meanwhile, the Etebo own goal was not really his fault. I blame the whole defense for that goal....
Vindave, please note, Etebo did not score an own goal.
An own goal is when a player hits the ball on purpose, and not when a shot ricochets off him.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Vindave wrote:
marko wrote:The England game was the catalyst for today loss, 2 weeks to the world cup and you cant even play the basics of foootball, Croatia just did their home work, very simple, let the africans make mistakes and we punish them, plain and simple! Everytime they had a freekick, i got scared, watch Iceland, they defended like a team, a country of less than 500,000 people compared to Nigeria, we offeed nothing up front, Ighalo was looking for crumbs, if anything screwed Nigeria, it was tactics, Mikel is no playmaker, pure and simple, Iwobi would have done better through the middle, what was Rohr thinking? Well he is European just like Croatia, that sums it up for me
I want to agree with you here....

I think is the coach to killed our games... He played some our best players in wrong positions plus not changing formation when the one he started was not working for us...

Our line up should have been (even though I am not a coach):

==================Izonho==========================

idowu=============Ekong============Balogun========== Ebuhei

===============Mikel==============Ndidi===============

Etebo=====================Iwobi======================= Moses

=======================Ihenacho=============================

This should be our line up against Island. I see Croatia going own because they were not fantastic today. they simply lash on our mistakes and benefit.

Iwobi need to be played in his natural position and a creative midfielder.... to play behind the striker(s). Let Mikel seat in front of the defence line. And occasionally Ndidi drawing back to cover up once Ebuehi and Idowu travelled upfront.

secondly, bring Musa and Simmy in the second time when we despirately need a goal.
Makes a lot of sense, but sorry Etebo, even though he defends well, slows the game and tends to be selfish.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

joao wrote:
Vindave wrote:Meanwhile, the Etebo own goal was not really his fault. I blame the whole defense for that goal....
An own goal is when a player hits the ball on purpose, and not when a shot ricochets off him.
It's an own goal, when you redirect a ball that wasn't heading towards goal.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Vindave wrote:
Is not as if our players dont have skills is just that many of them were played in wrong position.
Thank you. It's just like building a very nice highway and asking a madman to do the signs.
Three things come to mind: 1. Madness, 2. Cluelessness and 3. Sabotage. Pick one or any combination.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

marutimon wrote:
joao wrote:
It's an own goal, when you redirect a ball that wasn't heading towards goal.
Please watch the video again, a convince yourself that he had purpose when he touched the ball.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

oloye wrote:
Sometimes when you people say the kind of stuff you said in your first line, I query why people make these sort of allegations. You mean the experience the Iceland team got from Euro has not helped their development?

I can say that in the past we had the privilege of the African Cup of nations falling in the same year as the world cup and it helped to prepare the team for the world cup proper. A number of what is seen now would have been seen.

17 of the 23 players on the team are playing in their first international tournament for the Super Eagles. That's a significant amount of inexperience that cannot be wished away.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jb wrote:
Vindave wrote:
Thank you. It's just like building a very nice highway and asking a madman to do the signs.
Three things come to mind: 1. Madness, 2. Cluelessness and 3. Sabotage. Pick one or any combination.
You should take your best skillful players to Russia; we did not do that.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

marko wrote:Well lets look forward to a brilliant world cup irrespective of where Nigeria ends up, they dont belong to this sort of company
Why are you even here?? :roll: You offer no support when the team is down. You're one of those people looking to drive in the last nail in the coffin. If everyone had your mentality, do you know this forum would not even exist for you to come and hang out?

You're only here because you want to share in the glory if there is ever one but you offer no support when times are not great. The typical parasite. If I was in charge of this forum, people like you would have been flushed out a long time ago like the stinking waste you are.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes