Spain has fired their coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Spain might fire the coach today

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
people are talking about winners like Spain and Real madrid, however you included a micky mouse club into this :lol: :lol: :lol: no one gives a rat about Spurs..they are not on the same level..Fact Spurs is a small club and don't win nada
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Spain has fired their coach

Post by Bigpokey24 »

platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:Did they fire him because they were not informed? If they think it effects the team, ok, but just on principle? They agreed to the release clause, so what's their problem?
TWO days before? Cmon!
Sure they agreed but why would they think this would happen with a tourney on the horizon? I bet they thought he might go AFTER the cup but this? No.

Absolutely affects the team, a non-Real player opened the news up. Spain is already a fragile group. Absolutely affects the team and honestly the PRINCIPLE of it demands that you sack him.
not to mention the dislike between the Real and Barca players in that 23
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
people are talking about winners like Spain and Real madrid, however you included a micky mouse club into this :lol: :lol: :lol: no one gives a rat about Spurs..they are not on the same level..Fact Spurs is a small club and don't win nada

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When we are discussing the Ghanaian and Kenyan FAs (remember they were just beaten by India), we can mention Spuds. This is way out of their league.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spain sack national team manager Julen Lopetegui 48 hours before their World Cup campaign kicks off - See more at: https://goo.gl/EnqPsC

Spain are just lucky they are not in a tough group!
They are in a tough group.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

You have to wonder about Florentino Perez and the Real Madrid hierarchy..Why sabotage your own national team?

Spain are toast!
Last edited by txj on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Lopetegui pulled a bad move. All he had to do was wait till the tourney was over to sign. Now he's heading to a club that may fire him after a few games in the season, sacrificing a possible WC victory which would have cemented his place in history

Anyway, I don't blame Spain's FA boss for pulling the trigger. What Lopetegui did amounts to insuburdination
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YUJAM wrote:Lopetegui pulled a bad move. All he had to do was wait till the tourney was over to sign. Now he's heading to a club that may fire him after a few games in the season, sacrificing a possible WC victory which would have cemented his place in history

Anyway, I don't blame Spain's FA boss for pulling the trigger. What Lopetegui did amounts to insuburdination
Could have at least informed the FA earlier, after all the work Casillas and Xavi did to end the Madrid/Barcelona beef this wouldn't help.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

txj wrote:You have to wonder about Florentino Perez and the Real Madrid hierarchy..Why sabotage your own national team?

Spain are toast!
Real Madrid and Barca are more important than the national team for those guys.

Spain could still win the WC. Football is a funny game and it is still mainly about the players.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:They will not fire him!
But they should... :twisted:
You're wrong a lot my Ugandan brother :tic:
Always :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
Not sure how its idiocy from Madrid. Madrid gets their coach now and he starts preparing for pre-season and next season! This is a masterstroke from Madrid. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The angel* here is Lopetegui
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spain sack national team manager Julen Lopetegui 48 hours before their World Cup campaign kicks off - See more at: https://goo.gl/EnqPsC

Spain are just lucky they are not in a tough group!
They are in a tough group.

Despite all this, I do not see Spain struggling against Portugal, Iran and Morocco. Were they in Group D they would have found it hard to qualify after all this drama.

If you ask me, I do not think they would have sacked the coach if their group opponents were Nigeria, Croatia and Argentina. They believe they can get away with it because of their weak group.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

cic old boy wrote:
txj wrote:You have to wonder about Florentino Perez and the Real Madrid hierarchy..Why sabotage your own national team?

Spain are toast!
Real Madrid and Barca are more important than the national team for those guys.

Spain could still win the WC. Football is a funny game and it is still mainly about the players.

Bruv you're right. They could pull something off but I think that group was decidedly trickier than it appears on the surface. Spain needed to be focused to avoid any slips.

Portugal are well capable of stealing a point from Spain. The little margins were a stable coach would be the difference between a 1-1 game and a narrow 2-1 win are probably gone for them. Morocco can dream of stealing a point too. Even Iran are not easy, they're the best Asian team at this tournament for my money and we saw them in 2014....they can be defensively a nightmare to play against...same team, more seasoned except BETTER in attack this time....maybe they dream of a point too.

Going forward, I can't wait to see the stew the Spanish FA will be brewing for Real at every corner. This is an absolute indication by Madrid that they KNOW they're bigger than Spain.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:
platinum wrote: Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
... According to the Spanish FA, they were informed 5 minutes before Real Madrid made the announcement.
Lopetegui forced Real to speak. Apparently a player from the 23 found out and brought it up compromising the whole squad. Incredibly idiotic from Real. This is what selfishness looks like.
Then that player is a cvnt and should be removed from the squad. If a player has the squad's best interest at heart and he hears such a thing, I am sure Lopetegui has an office or a room.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
muzines wrote:Rubiales definitely has balls of steel. At least we know the World Cup is here.
The Spanish FA have done the right thing. Regrettable that it came to this but 100% right. Real Madrid think they're gods, 3 straight UCLs and they put themselves above the country. Their eye go clear next season. Spain is very corrupt when it needs to be.
When it comes to club football, Real Madrid is the god! Take that to the bank! Real Madrid does not work for Spain, Real Madrid works for Real Madrid. Simple as that.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kalani JR wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Lopetegui pulled a bad move. All he had to do was wait till the tourney was over to sign. Now he's heading to a club that may fire him after a few games in the season, sacrificing a possible WC victory which would have cemented his place in history

Could have at least informed the FA earlier, after all the work Casillas and Xavi did to end the Madrid/Barcelona beef this wouldn't help.
Apparently he was going to wait but a few Real players knew about his hiring and somehow it leaked to a non-Real player who blew the whole thing up. That meant he had to fast track the announcement. Spain is one sort of weird country, dem no dey observe Omertà. Thats how Mourinho complained time after time about leaks. Pep had the same issue too IIRC.

All they had to do was shut up for a month...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Apparently he was going to wait but a few Real players knew about his hiring and somehow it leaked to a non-Real player who blew the whole thing up. That meant he had to fast track the announcement. Spain is one sort of weird country, dem no dey observe Omertà. Thats how Mourinho complained time after time about leaks. Pep had the same issue too IIRC.

But do the players know they need to shut up? Or do they assume things were done the right way and so its not a big secret and the FA knows about it? That would be my question, they might just not have known its supposed to be some big secret.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Or he could have been transparent from the start, the man signed an extension less than a month ago.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
Not sure how its idiocy from Madrid. Madrid gets their coach now and he starts preparing for pre-season and next season! This is a masterstroke from Madrid. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ovbi Oba, not so straight forward long term though. The Spanish FA can make life unreasonable for Real Madrid. Balls start bouncing against them, all these little perks they've been getting go away.

We all know Real rule Spain, why spit in the FA's face and make them and the country actively against you.

Lopetegui? He should have asked Real to come back after the WC? But you know how Flo Perez is, he wants what he wants and wants it now. Possibly got a now or never ultimatum?

This is just unnecessary. I just saw a poll that's got over 10000 respondents in Spain who're split 50-50 on the decision to fire him.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kalani JR wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Or he could have been transparent from the start, the man signed an extension less than a month ago.
That too.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Spain are toast!
You guys are funny. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: "Your own national team."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:

Ovbi Oba, not so straight forward long term though. The Spanish FA can make life unreasonable for Real Madrid. Balls start bouncing against them, all these little perks they've been getting go away.

We all know Real rule Spain, why spit in the FA's face and make them and the country actively against you.

Lopetegui? He should have asked Real to come back after the WC? But you know how Flo Perez is, he wants what he wants and wants it now. Possibly got a now or never ultimatum?

This is just unnecessary. I just saw a poll that's got over 10000 respondents in Spain who're split 50-50 on the decision to fire him.
They wont dare! I dont think you understand how powerful Real Madrid is.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good grief. Amateur stuff from Spain and Real. :shock: Why on earth did they not delay the announcement until AFTER the WC? This is the kind of madness which if perpetrated by the NFF would send CE to Defcon 3 and have everyone calling Nigeria "The Jungle".
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:They will not fire him!
But they should... :twisted:
You're wrong a lot my Ugandan brother :tic:
:rotf:
I don tell am so many times, but he keeps trying to be right at least once. :rotf: