NIGERIA 6 vs GAMBIA 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA 6 vs GAMBIA 0

Post by Gotti »

Nigeria's Super Falcons on Monday completed a 7-0 aggregate win over Gambia (1-0 away in Banjul and 6-0 in Lagos) to qualify for November's African Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana, where three tickets to the France 2019 WWC will be up for grabs.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Apart from hosts Ghana and Nigeria, the other 6 teams that have qualified to complete the 8-team AWC tournament are:

Algeria;
Cameroon;
Equatorial Guinea;
South Africa;
Mali; and
Zambia.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 6 vs GAMBIA 0

Post by Gotti »

Pictures courtesy of Super Falcons' Twitter Page
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

We are getting there. Slowly and maybe painfully but surely
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:We are getting there. Slowly and maybe painfully but surely
Yep! The entire continent seems to be improving on the female side... :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:Nigeria's Super Falcons on Monday completed a 7-0 aggregate win over Gambia (1-0 away in Banjul and 6-0 in Lagos) to qualify for November's African Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana, where three tickets to the France 2019 WWC will be up for grabs.

Apart from hosts Ghana and Nigeria, the other 6 teams that have qualified to complete the 8-team AWC tournament are:

Algeria;
Cameroon;
Equatorial Guinea;
South Africa;
Mali; and
Zambia.
When are we going to start doing well outside the continent? For me, there is nothing else for us to win in Africa
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

QUESTIONS

-What stadium is that? (Looks good, at least the part shown.)
-Is that turf or grass? (With ample rain, Lagos should never have turf)
-Did the Nigerian foreign legion take part?
-Is the foreign coach (he of the France debacle) still there?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Odas wrote:
Gotti wrote:Nigeria's Super Falcons on Monday completed a 7-0 aggregate win over Gambia (1-0 away in Banjul and 6-0 in Lagos) to qualify for November's African Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana, where three tickets to the France 2019 WWC will be up for grabs.

Algeria;
Cameroon;
Equatorial Guinea;
South Africa;
Mali; and
Zambia.
When are we going to start doing well outside the continent? For me, there is nothing else for us to win in Africa

CORRECT

They should look beyond Africa and think seriously of challenging the current world powers which would be a nice surprise since those running things in Nigeria are not used to setting anything but modest goals.
Bell
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

dem don misspell "YUJAMM" :taunt: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bell wrote:QUESTIONS

Bell
Probably Onikan Stadium.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Agege Stadium
Sadly, turf. However, Teslim Balogun will be renovated and re-grassed this FY.
Yes. Apart from the GK, I believe all other starters were FB. 1 sub was HB.
Still there! :D
Bell
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Probably Onikan Stadium.
Onikan has been demolished and is currently being rebuilt as an all-covered multipurpose arena...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:

Agege Stadium
Sadly, turf. However, Teslim Balogun will be renovated and re-grassed this FY.
Yes. Apart from the GK, I believe all other starters were FB. 1 sub was HB.
Still there! :D
Bell
i see fine girl odega for inside that dance =that means foreign region join but we never going to challenge france or usa playing gambia day in day out
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:i see fine girl odega for inside that dance =that means foreign region join but we never going to challenge france or usa playing gambia day in day out
Actually, it turns out that even the GK is foreign based (plays in Norway)...
But Amarachi Okoronkwo is no longer in Finland but is now at Nasarawa, so still 1 HB starter.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

A country with no value for history...why destroy Onikan stadium...why?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:A country with no value for history...why destroy Onikan stadium...why?
Egbon mi, Wembley got pulled down. White Hart Lane got pulled down. With stadiums, the history is in the memories. The technology and designs are so sophisticated now, one cannot just keep renovating old designs
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Do they not get to wear the new Nike kits?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:A country with no value for history...why destroy Onikan stadium...why?
Haba!!!!!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
Egbon mi, Wembley got pulled down. White Hart Lane got pulled down. With stadiums, the history is in the memories. The technology and designs are so sophisticated now, one cannot just keep renovating old designs
Wembley was rebuilt nor be so and I believe the same for White Hart lane.
I suppose using the word destroy was over the top....but I deliberately used the word in the light of what Gotti revealed. The place has been demolished a a multi-purpose hall is being built. The destruction implied is the history...a new stadium would not have seen me complain.....a hall....I don't know, something tells me the hall would witness more owambe and other social and religious activities than the game of football. That is where am coming from.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Wembley was rebuilt nor be so
Yes o and according to Gotti, Onikan is also being rebuilt as a multi-purpose sports arena.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Wembley was rebuilt nor be so and I believe the same for White Hart lane.
I suppose using the word destroy was over the top....but I deliberately used the word in the light of what Gotti revealed. The place has been demolished a a multi-purpose hall is being built. The destruction implied is the history...a new stadium would not have seen me complain.....a hall....I don't know, something tells me the hall would witness more owambe and other social and religious activities than the game of football. That is where am coming from.
It would be nice to see the new design of the proposed structure. I know in the US, new stadiums replace old ones. As long as Onikan stadium is not being replaced with a shopping mall or something. We just have to see what is going to replace the old stadium
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:Wembley was rebuilt nor be so and I believe the same for White Hart lane.
It will remain first and foremost a football stadium...
But the concept is to also be able host other events/concerts there.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Gotti wrote:
oloye wrote:Wembley was rebuilt nor be so and I believe the same for White Hart lane.
It will remain first and foremost a football stadium...
But the concept is to also be able host other events/concerts there.
Gotti, "first and foremost a stadium..."
You want bet? Na church events & political rallies go monopolise the venue...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly