Stoke City sign Etebo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Stoke City sign Etebo

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Stoke City sign Etebo

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Congratulations Etebo.... Stoke wats to come back to the EPL quickly.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Congrats boy...now I have a reason to follow Stokes.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Huh?
From where?
Like how?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Congrats boy...now I have a reason to follow Stokes.
In division 2??
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Hmmmmmmmmmm. He should have waited for a Premiership club to come calling.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

danfo driver wrote:
In division 2??
:lol:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about this move. Shouldn't Etebo have waited a bit? He's a very good player.

I wish him the best though.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

He's better than the English Championship.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
In division 2??
So...what? What if he comes back up with them? Something with a high probability. I am not his advisor, mine is to rejoice with him ,if he is happy with it so be it. My congratulations is simply that congrats for getting what he wants.

Maybe if I was advising him and in capacity to manage his career I might be able to say otherwise. The only thing I can do for now is wish him well and look forward to seeing him in Stokes colours.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:He's better than the English Championship.
Na wa, probably couldn’t resist the salary increase...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Don’t like the move. Good luck to him
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Good way to introduce yourself into England. If he makes a success out of his career with Stoke in the Championship, a team in the EPL will quickly come calling. Better than be bought by an EPL team and get stuck on the bench or sent out on loan. Good move.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
In division 2??
So...what? What if he comes back up with them? Something with a high probability. I am not his advisor, mine is to rejoice with him ,if he is happy with it so be it. My congratulations is simply that congrats for getting what he wants.

Maybe if I was advising him and in capacity to manage his career I might be able to say otherwise. The only thing I can do for now is wish him well and look forward to seeing him in Stokes colours.
Uncle, I was just surprised that you will take time out of your day to follow a team in that horrible division. I like Etebo and I followed him at Las Palmas, but no way in hell am I reducing myself to watch English Div. 2 for nobody! Unless the player is my family member, sorry. I am not watching English Div 2 football.

But since you will be watching, please, keep us informed. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Na wa, probably couldn’t resist the salary increase...
Like I said in another thread, an average naija footballer is motivated by money....the culture and background makes it hard not to be. Even in camp there is a tendency to flaunt it.

01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Damunk wrote:Huh?
From where?
Like how?
:shock: :shock:
I know man mus wak but kai feels like this was a tad rushed. Anyway good luck to him and hope he gets back to EPL with Stoke on first try!!
They are in my neck of the woods so I might pop down for a few matches.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Championship is probably the strongest Div 2 in Europe. It is one of the strongest and most supported second leagues in the world. Not many Div 2s have attendances of 30-50K.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
In division 2??

Uncle, I was just surprised that you will take time out of your day to follow a team in that horrible division. I like Etebo and I followed him at Las Palmas, but no way in hell am I reducing myself to watch English Div. 2 for nobody! Unless the player is my family member, sorry. I am not watching English Div 2 football.

But since you will be watching, please, keep us informed. :D
Some teams play good football. I don't watch all the teams, I watch the ones in the top echelon of that division. Even in the EPL I do not watch all the teams,I have seen fixtures in the championship that play better.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

What kind of rubbish move is this????
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

A very good move in my opinion... He gets to be acclaimatized to the English culture yet not under the glaring spotlight until he settles down. He will have less pressure... A very good move!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

A certain Yakubu and Ighalo started their English footballing career in the Championship
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

okuns wrote:Congratulations Etebo.... Stoke wats to come back to the EPL quickly.
I am surprised on this one. I thought teams will be waiting to sign players after the World cup in order to assess the players more. Well, congrats to our man
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.