Saudi Arabia has outlined the importance of Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Saudi Arabia has outlined the importance of Ighalo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.
How did Iheanacho score against Cameroon? Did he not play CF when he entered the game? How did he score 3 goals as a cf for Leicester this season? Was it all by magic?

I need answers
Simplistic nonsense. Iheanacho came on against Cameroon when we were 3-0 up thanks to Ighalo. By then they were were bombing forward recklessly and we scored on the counter attack.

Just to show how little you know, you shamelessly tout a striker who has scored a grand total of THREE goals a season as someone to lead our World Cup attack! Do you think before you type at all?
He had 3 goals in 3 matches as a lone striker. 8 goals in total with not many minutes.
Iheanacho does not play as a lone striker for Leicester. He plays wide of Jamie Vardie!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.
How did Iheanacho score against Cameroon? Did he not play CF when he entered the game? How did he score 3 goals as a cf for Leicester this season? Was it all by magic?

I need answers
Simplistic nonsense. Iheanacho came on against Cameroon when we were 3-0 up thanks to Ighalo. By then they were were bombing forward recklessly and we scored on the counter attack.

Just to show how little you know, you shamelessly tout a striker who has scored a grand total of THREE goals a season as someone to lead our World Cup attack! Do you think before you type at all?
He had 3 goals in 3 matches as a lone striker. 8 goals in total with not many minutes.
Iheanacho does not play as a lone striker for Leicester. He plays wide of Jamie Vardie!
Please tell me what position Iheanacho is playing in these matches.

[/video]

[/video]

Where was Vardy in these videos?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

If you want to watch how to defeat possession heavy teams soundly, re-watch Roma vs Barcelona again.
The role Dzeko played as the hold-up #9, with Al-Shawary buzzing around him like a bee,...that is what I think Ayo is referring to by the importance of Ighalo.
But that requires 2 things.

1. An extremely disciplined defense
2. Accuracy with your crosses into the box and excellent heading in the box.

This kind of system will give you the best chance against teams like Argentina, Brazil, Spain and other performance heavy teams, especially when you dont have midfield maestros of your own.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

I need answers

[/video]

[/video]

Are you for damn real??????? Games against division four teams Fleetwood Town and Peterborough????

I am not responding to you anymore abeg. This is pushing me to my limit now. Let me leave you before I say something I will later come to regret.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

I need answers

[/video]

[/video]

Are you for damn real??????? Games against division four teams Fleetwood Town and Peterborough????

I am not responding to you anymore abeg. This is pushing me to my limit now. Let me leave you before I say something I will later come to regret.
Fleetwood and Petersborough are in England’s third best league.

They are equal with Ighalo’s Chinese league teams! Far better than the Dutch second division which Nwakali failed in.

Far better than the teams in Babatunde’s Qatari league and you wanted Babatunde to be called up for Russia.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Having a holdup striker wouldn't has saved SA today, they were bossed in every department of the game. After the first 20 mins they conceded every blade of grass to Russia.

The lesson for us is to make sure VM and Musa don't do too much running with the ball at the expense of team play...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't know to be honest what Ayo Akinfe Is arguing to be honest.

They say Ighalo holds up play, so what does Nacho do? Play around with Princess Polly?

Iheanacho IS A HOLD UP striker lol. And a very good one! He drops deep like Diego Costa, and in fact his signature move in the build up play is laying the ball off! 9 times out of 10, Iheanacho will lay the ball off, HE DOES NOT blossom as a lone striker. That is a MYTH!

Basically the ONLY THING that Ighalo has that Nacho does not have is that Ighalo has massive upper body strength, that is about it. That upper body strength is what he uses to turn defenders.

Why do we argue on CE without even having an understanding of the footballers we are discussing? Iheanacho does not hold up play....lol. It is as if we do not watch these players.

In every area except for upper body strength, Nacho is better IMO. Nacho strikes the ball 3 times better, Nacho has better positioning, Nacho has better vision, Nacho has better precision passing, Nacho is less likely to stray offside, Nacho has more in his locker, i.e. freekicks, speed not sure, but basically Ighalo is just strong in the tussle...that is about it, his famous Iggy Scoop, he was able to execute because he could tussle with defenders.

Nacho and Ighalo is not like Ebuehi versus Shehu or Idowu versus Echiejile. Nacho and Ighalo is like Mikel Obi versus Mikel Agu. It is NOT close! Not even close! This isn't a hotly contested debate. Iheanacho is miles better than Ighalo, Miles! The ONLY reason why we even debate this is because they say 'Oh the whole is greater than the sum of the parts', well why don't we use our brains and figure out how to utilize Nacho then. You don't discard your best striker because you are too stupid to get the best out of him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe would put Messi on the bench because Dybala suits his system better.

When 1 player is miles better than the other, shove that system up your yansh and never speak of it again! If Rohr has to spend countless hours awake all night trying to figure out how to accommodate Nacho then so be it, but you accommodate him!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mr Shows wrote:Having a holdup striker wouldn't has saved SA today, they were bossed in every department of the game. After the first 20 mins they conceded every blade of grass to Russia.

The lesson for us is to make sure VM and Musa don't do too much running with the ball at the expense of team play...
Is Musa fasting?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo, Ighalo does not hold the ball up well enough for him to be considered better than Nacho, if you are comparing Kane, Rondon or even benteke re: hold up play then you may have a point but.....you Ighalo is not it....

Look at teams today with small strikers....Man City- Aguero, Liverpool - Firmino etc....you all defend as a team and attack as one unit...no need for unnecessary crosses, there is no Feliani in the team, 50:50...what are we crystal palace..

we need to play the Nigerian way...with the ball on the floor and leave Mikel and Iwobi the space to open up the defence with a thru ball. If i was to choose between Nacho and Ighalo on who i would like to get on the end of a thru ball......EVERYONE HERE WILL PICK IHEANACHO
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dunno why Rohr refuses to use the Kele-Iwobi combo we saw against Argentina.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:See what happens when the ball does not stick upfront? It just keeps coming back and you end up being under relentless pressure. Had Saudi Arabia had an Odion Ighalo playing for them today they would not have lost by as heavy a margin as they would have retained possession a bit more.

At the World Cup, the targetman is probably the most important member of the team. At this level, retaining possession is paramount!
At one point in the match I think Saudi had a 60-40% possession advantage over Russia. How much more possession do you want them to have?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dzubya was particularly impressive at holding the balk up. See the way he created the fourth goal. Now, only Odion Ighalo can provide that for Nigeria.
And Iheanacho can't? :roll:

Nor go disgrace us in case dem invite you for interview o. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

For the Flying Eagles, In Spain, For Watford (except for one season), in China, and for SE it is always the same story, he tries to hold up, makes near misses, consistently gets caught offside and generally huffs and puffs.The statistics are overwhelming; Ighalo makes a show but does not deliver. i think you are bending the truth, and it is becoming quite tiresome.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

For the Flying Eagles, In Spain, For Watford (except for one season), in China, and for SE it is always the same story, he tries to hold up, makes near misses, consistently gets caught offside and generally huffs and puffs.The statistics are overwhelming; Ighalo makes a show but does not deliver. i think you are bending the truth, and it is becoming quite tiresome.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ighalo is the luckiest striker in Nigerian football history.

I have never in my life seen a striker get this many opportunities in the GWG based on very little.

The likes of Yak and Martins actually had a resume for both club and country! Ighalo's club career is ehhhh, his GWG career is ehh.

I have never seen a player get such benefit of the doubt based on very little. You would think he had precedence!

Better strikers than Ighalo have been frozen out of the SE before!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Wow! Mr. AyoAkinfe, Ighalo was huge today!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

wAyo strikes again. I expect a post from him claiming Ighalo was the best player on the pitch.