I am angry with Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: I am angry with Egypt

Post by ElHadary »

I don't have another 28 years to wait for another Egypt World Cup appearance.

Beat them ya Misr, win one for Baba.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: I am angry with Egypt

Post by DIMKA76 »

ElHadary wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Concerning Salah, their coach was just playing psychological mind games. Mo is obviously not fit. Even before the camera yesterday at the open session he obviously couldn't extend his arm full outwards. This was one game Egypt has to win. The opponents get stronger from here on. Looking like an early exit for Egypt whom I considered the strongest team from the African continent.
DIMAKA, I am in a bit of mild shock reading this for a few reasons.

Firstly we played our first game without our star player. We saw service after service go to people who cannot finish.

Secondly, Uruguay is by far and away the strongest team in this group. They finished second in South American qualifiers and we're the heavy favorites going into this match. Russia and KSA aren't nearly as good and lack a ball holding midfield like Uruguay does.

I didn't think we would make it out of this group but it's not over yet. If we beat Russia somehow, we stand a very good chance. Whether or not Salah plays, I don't know
If we want to advance, my guess I he has to.
The way Egypt use Salah is like the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle - He knits it all together. Now concerning the result today. It has often been said North African teams play the European way, they relatively speaking dominate the African scene but often fail when they meet European sides.

Contrast that with Nigeria who are going the same way with a German coach. We won our group with the discipline associated with European football but fell flat to Croatia.

Lesson - We have to adopt the good qualities of European football but maintain our intrinsic good qualities which make us unique and conveys our own brand of the beautiful game.

If Egypt played Russia anywhere but in Russia. I believe Egypt would win hands down. So many other outside factors worked against Egypt today. MO Salah's fitness was a huge factor. Such a shame.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!