NGR vs CRO: Pre-Match Press Conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: NGR vs CRO: Pre-Match Press Conference

Post by 9jaMan »

nanijoe wrote:Rohr says this world cup is to learn...

Nigeria don suffer, from Nigeria almost eliminating Italy in 94, to still learning in 2018. Hope Rohr is playing mind games cos if he is trying to create an excuse for his cluelessness, he should be fired on the spot if SE cannot qualify from the group
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

theYemster wrote:
Learn what from who exactly...Iceland? Or Croatia that did more poorly than Nigeria in the last two world cups? Or Argentina whom we've already played four times in the past? Nothing more to learn from them IMO.
Learn from our oyinbo masters na! Abi? Are we not Africans? So we must learn from oyinbo.

I hated that comment. Iheancho was once the best u-17 player on the planet. He has played at Man City. Iwobo at Arsenal. Moses at Chelsea. Mikel has won CL. Musa has played countless CL games. Ndidi is one of the best young players in EPL. Yet, we are only here to "learn"...nonsense!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Learn what from who exactly...Iceland? Or Croatia that did more poorly than Nigeria in the last two world cups? Or Argentina whom we've already played four times in the past? Nothing more to learn from them IMO.
Learn from our oyinbo masters na! Abi? Are we not Africans? So we must learn from oyinbo.

I hated that comment. Iheancho was once the best u-17 player on the planet. He has played at Man City. Iwobo at Arsenal. Moses at Chelsea. Mikel has won CL. Musa has played countless CL games. Ndidi is one of the best young players in EPL. Yet, we are only here to "learn"...nonsense!!
Yep, it's straying into "loser talk" territory.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:The Croatia press conference was equally as interesting.especially their coaches comments on Musa
What he say?
When asked about the Nigerian players playing in Russia, Rohr said Musa may not start but he will finish the game.

When posed the same question, the Croatian coach was quick to point out that Rohr was just being diplomatic , that Musa is not a starter.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Mr Shows wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:The Croatia press conference was equally as interesting.especially their coaches comments on Musa
What he say?
When asked about the Nigerian players playing in Russia, Rohr said Musa may not start but he will finish the game.

When posed the same question, the Croatian coach was quick to point out that Rohr was just being diplomatic , that Musa is not a starter.
Shame. I prefer Musa to the useless Moses for sure.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

The journalist asked him which Russia based Croatian player would be playing in the game tomorrow, following up by saying that Rohr had told them Musa would be playing..

The Croatia Coach answered that Musa has not been playing regularly for Nigeria, so he does not buy that Musa is playing tomorrow.

sounds as if he really did his homework on the SE
The YeyeMan wrote:
What he say?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote:Just hope croatia dont score the quickest goal of the tournament
Come-on guys! Are we that bad or is Croatia that good? Which one is it? Well, after all is said and done, the day/time is come and I believe we will win tomorrow.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote: What a gifted coach. Playing the underdog game and lowering the expectations of our unrealistic fans. with concentration, right attitude and a little mother luck, we'll surprise Croatia and the pundits.
... thank you - my brother! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:I have noticed that Mikel does not seem to have much respect for Nigerian press. I have observed that his attitude and countenance changes the moment it's a Nigerian journalist turn to ask questions. And to his credit the Nigerian journalists never disappoint. They always ...ALWAYS ask stupid questions.
Very stupid questions. It is pretty embarrassing , you listen to question from others, then Odas type educated illiterates grabs the mic and starts yapping midfield war, 180 million, must win etc... I cringe all the time
Plagiarism! I hope you know what that means - mumu. You PLAGIARIZED my words; ole (thief) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Odas on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The problem sometimes with us is that we twist what we hear and then decide to run with it. Musa said we would beat Croatia, he was told to shut up, Rohr said the team is young and learning they say he is talking nonsense

What should Rohr have said...that the team is a world beater? Truth is wether we like what he is saying or not,the team is young and learning. Nothing wrong with the statement....nothing at all!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

bushboy wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Finally, someone with a brain around here. And when you consider African players are at a disadvantage at the international club level it gets even better. This is the perfect opportunity to show what they are really made of. Then watch the big clubs come begging.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

nanijoe wrote:The journalist asked him which Russia based Croatian player would be playing in the game tomorrow, following up by saying that Rohr had told them Musa would be playing..

The Croatia Coach answered that Musa has not been playing regularly for Nigeria, so he does not buy that Musa is playing tomorrow.

The YeyeMan wrote:
What he say?
A rudimentary check of team line ups in recent friendlies would have confirmed this. Only Rohr and the coaches know the actual starting line up.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

For those who believe coach Rohr and Mikel's perspective on things are wrong, maybe we should contrast that
with what the SE coach and Amokachi were saying on the eve of Denmark giving us a football clinic in France '98.
The talk then was along the lines of '...if the opposition scores 10 goals we will score one more'.

I like the way Rohr is addressing the media, as he is taking the pressure off the SE.
There is quite a big difference between a coach or player, versus being a fan. As usual,
only fans have the liberty of boasting with no consequence.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote:The problem sometimes with us is that we twist what we hear and then decide to run with it. Musa said we would beat Croatia, he was told to shut up, Rohr said the team is young and learning they say he is talking nonsense

What should Rohr have said...that the team is a world beater? Truth is wether we like what he is saying or not,the team is young and learning. Nothing wrong with the statement....nothing at all!
Egbon I beg tell them. I mean I no get us Naija fans TBH. It is like we are never satisfied. It really is a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote:For those who believe coach Rohr and Mikel's perspective on things are wrong, maybe we should contrast that
with what the SE coach and Amokachi were saying on the eve of Denmark giving us a football clinic in France '98.
The talk then was along the lines of '...if the opposition scores 10 goals we will score one more'.

I like the way Rohr is addressing the media, as he is taking the pressure off the SE.
There is quite a big difference between a coach or player, versus being a fan. As usual,
only fans have the liberty of boasting with no consequence.

Amazing how quickly we forget; does anyone have video of that embarrassing yeye araoke Super falcons coach during the Women world cup in Canada.
Rohr's approach is how you show emotional maturity and reality based understanding of the situation. This is a global cultural event and it's a privilege to any Nation to be among the best 32 footballing Nations participating in it. And to disproportionately appraise yourself would not only demonstrate you have improper reference point but that you are also grandiose. Bill gates was in Nigeria as a lay man armed with more accurate facts on Nigeria's finances than our actual finance minister - I mean how embarrassing was that.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Even Ronaldo and Messi are learning today! The greats never stop.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bret- hart wrote:
nanijoe wrote:dude has me worried tbh
SylverEagles wrote:
Ridiculous nonsense! Kept, talking about young team this, young team that. This guy did not get the memo. People are expecting victories and second round at least...He's talking about "learning". Learning ko, Academic ni!! :evil: :evil:
He is talking the pressure off the team and putting it all on Croatia.

Kpom!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:I have noticed that Mikel does not seem to have much respect for Nigerian press. I have observed that his attitude and countenance changes the moment it's a Nigerian journalist turn to ask questions. And to his credit the Nigerian journalists never disappoint. They always ...ALWAYS ask stupid questions.
Very stupid questions. It is pretty embarrassing , you listen to question from others, then Odas type educated illiterates grabs the mic and starts yapping midfield war, 180 million, must win etc... I cringe all the time

:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:The problem sometimes with us is that we twist what we hear and then decide to run with it. Musa said we would beat Croatia, he was told to shut up, Rohr said the team is young and learning they say he is talking nonsense

Allow them. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The only thing Rohr got wrong in that press conference is his statement that Nigerians would understand if they lost games. a glance at this page would reveal the depth of the delusions of grandeu some fans have.

We have a young inexperienced team, FACT! How many of them have even played in a senior tournament? (Ezenwa, Uwa, Omeruo, Onazi, Mikel, Musa and Moses?). The coach is doing his damn best to temper expectations from you delusional fans. They have showed that they have flashes to be a great team, but, whether you like to admit it or not, they are still a work in progress. As he said, this WC came a bit early for them, but they definitely look up to the challenge.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
nanijoe wrote:The journalist asked him which Russia based Croatian player would be playing in the game tomorrow, following up by saying that Rohr had told them Musa would be playing..

The YeyeMan wrote:
What he say?
A rudimentary check of team line ups in recent friendlies would have confirmed this. Only Rohr and the coaches know the actual starting line up.
I dont think Rohr was lying sha. It makes sense for Musa to appear in a game of this nature against a team made up of older players. I just wish the game was a bit earlier in the day in the heat as opposed to 9pm local time.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:Amazing how quickly we forget; does anyone have video of that embarrassing yeye araoke Super falcons coach during the Women world cup in Canada.
Rohr's approach is how you show emotional maturity and reality based understanding of the situation. This is a global cultural event and it's a privilege to any Nation to be among the best 32 footballing Nations participating in it. And to disproportionately appraise yourself would not only demonstrate you have improper reference point but that you are also grandiose. Bill gates was in Nigeria as a lay man armed with more accurate facts on Nigeria's finances than our actual finance minister - I mean how embarrassing was that.
Dude, no need to start pulling stuff out of your nether orifice to make a point...SMH :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Based on the comments on this thread, I can see that a lot of people are still dissing the SE and coach. Ok o, we shall see...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:You guys aren’t familiar with the psychological aspect of sports. :lol:
Nigerians don't do psychology.
We'd rather do "By God's grace and mercy, we will bring back di cup" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "