NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by cchinukw »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
otite wrote:Guys, we are winning the next two games to lead the group. It's going to be a shocker.
:roll:
This is actually possible with this set of of players, but Rohr has to ring the changes.
Certainly possible. It's just unlikely at this point.

Anyway, we're here to learn. :roll:
Na academy we we dey?

To borrow an Ayo Akinfe quote and I paraphrase, the National Team is no place to learn your trade. You either come prepared or stay well away.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:We can’t keep firing managers and constantly rebuilding. We need to build on what we have.
Nor can we ignore or reward failure.

A new coach can build upon and continue the work started by Rohr. Pinnick has done well to put a lot of the organisation and structure in place; that effort is arguably more significant than Rohr's.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:We can’t keep firing managers and constantly rebuilding. We need to build on what we have.

A new coach can build upon and continue the work started by Rohr. Pinnick has done well to put a lot of the organisation and structure in place; that effort is arguably more significant than Rohr's.
TY, you know that aint gonna happen. It never has!
We as a nation need to learn how to hold our nerve and try something called perseverance for once.
We are too flighty!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We as a nation need to learn how to hold our nerve and try something called perseverance for once.
We are too flighty!
I think talk about rebuilding is often overstated and misunderstood...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We are too flighty!
For me, I think the first thing is to commission a number of people to do a technical analysis of our performance, covering both in game and longer technical issues. And I’m not talking about the stupid comments from Rohr about the clubs our players play for.

It clearly goes beyond Rohr. Never expected anything from him and this team.

We are not producing players and that is a far, far more serious issue.

I mean, we are in the WC with a third division GK.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Third division?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Heliopolis wrote:The good news is that Nigeria is playing the weakest team in the group next while Croatia is capable of beating Argentina and a draw is also probable. If things go according to plan, Nigeria will go into their last match with 3 points to Argentina's 2. I still expect Croatia and Argentina to advance but Nigeria has better odds of doing so than most African teams in this WC.
The weakest team for us is not Iceland. For a team like Nigeria that creates very few chances, playing a team that defends so well will be so difficult. Croatia will be our easiest game and we will regret not going all out to win. But no sentiments, we are the weakest in the group.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Lolly wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:The good news is that Nigeria is playing the weakest team in the group next while Croatia is capable of beating Argentina and a draw is also probable. If things go according to plan, Nigeria will go into their last match with 3 points to Argentina's 2. I still expect Croatia and Argentina to advance but Nigeria has better odds of doing so than most African teams in this WC.
The weakest team for us is not Iceland. For a team like Nigeria that creates very few chances, playing a team that defends so well will be so difficult. Croatia will be our easiest game and we will regret not going all out to win. But no sentiments, we are the weakest in the group.
If you have a clinical finisher like Iheanacho, than a few chances is enough.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We are too flighty!
For me, I think the first thing is to commission a number of people to ddo a technical analysis of our performance, covering both in game and longer technical issues. And I’m not talking about the stupid comments from Rohr about the clubs our players play for.

Are you Pa Oni in disguise :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We are too flighty!
For me, I think the first thing is to commission a number of people to do a technical analysis of our performance, covering both in game and longer technical issues. And I’m not talking about the stupid comments from Rohr about the clubs our players play for.

With all due respect, that is wishful thinking. Many of us have been on this forum since 1998. it's one thing to lie to others, but another thing entirely to continue to lie to ourselves. I strongly suspect that our problem is much deeper. God has given us more than many other countries in the world. No amount of praying will help us. Nigeria is a sick country.
-Simpli fy -
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yes the loss hurts, but we lose one game and ALL HELL broke loose? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come-on, guys! Let's wait till after the tournament before SPILLING our fires> we might do well after-all. All is NOT lost yet
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

We are too flighty!

All this, 'throwing the baby out with the bath water', just after one loss to start the tournament?
Talk about a lack of mental confidence to rebound, and fight our way out of the hole we dug ourselves in.

I believe many of us claiming to be sports (football) experts, fail to realize the possibilities
we have if we put in the effort and get some lucky breaks. If we can feel and utter such pessimism
as fans, why should we expect any better from the team?
For me, the tournament is not over till we are truly eliminated. At least, let's hold some belief.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

Odas wrote:Yes the loss hurts, but we lose one game and ALL HELL broke loose? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come-on, guys! Let's wait till after the tournament before SPILLING our fires> we might do well after-all. All is NOT lost yet
Yes o, we might as well lift the trophy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
KK
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Kunle wrote:
Odas wrote:Yes the loss hurts, but we lose one game and ALL HELL broke loose? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come-on, guys! Let's wait till after the tournament before SPILLING our fires> we might do well after-all. All is NOT lost yet
Yes o, we might as well lift the trophy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Says Mr "we'll beat Croatia. You can take that to the bank". He might yet be correct. If he is, then it'll be a story similar to Bulgaria's at the 94 World cup. I don't wish anyone bad, but it'll be a lot easier if Messi doesn't play in our match with the Argies. Rohr is a terrible wildcard that we all weren't expecting though.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Formation ended up been wrong, mikel is no playmaker but i suspect the coach will use the same formation against Iceland
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enough of talking North, South, East, & West.
It is a clueless coach when it comes to inviting & selecting naija players.
You build a house on quick sand, it will buckle, fall or collapse.
Luckily for SE their next match is against a team playing kick away, run, & jump football.
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-0 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by mouko »

tunde72 wrote:Am shaking seriously, i have went out several times into the sun but to no avail. Chaiiii God please give us this day.
I am or I'm
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-0 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by tfco »

mouko wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Am shaking seriously, i have went out several times into the sun but to no avail. Chaiiii God please give us this day.
I am or I'm
You missed the important one

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Why is this thread still a sticky? Abeg somebody uplug the hole and let it go down the drain
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

All this talk about players and clubs is of not much consequence.

This player in Iceland, Birkir Bjarnason is listed as playing for Aston Villa in the English Championship.

How about Jón Daði Böðvarsson? He plays for Reading.

This is a country that a few years ago didn't register in the first 100 of FIFA ranking.

The Danish team that whopped our asses in 1998 were using Championship players on their squad if memory serves me correctly.

How about English players? Only 4 years ago, they had hit rock bottom and couldn't go any lower.

So it is all about the coach and system, guys. The coach has to know his team and bring out the best in them.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

I wonder what all these folks will say when we qualify for the second round. See you there folks
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

jungle-jawara wrote:I wonder what all these folks will say when we qualify for the second round. See you there folks

We talking of playing the worst brand of football and you talking about qualifying. :?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf