NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by marko »

cchinukw wrote:All this talk about players and clubs is of not much consequence.

This player in Iceland, Birkir Bjarnason is listed as playing for Aston Villa in the English Championship.

How about Jón Daði Böðvarsson? He plays for Reading.

This is a country that a few years ago didn't register in the first 100 of FIFA ranking.

The Danish team that whopped our asses in 1998 were using Championship players on their squad if memory serves me correctly.

How about English players? Only 4 years ago, they had hit rock bottom and couldn't go any lower.

So it is all about the coach and system, guys. The coach has to know his team and bring out the best in them.

I doubt if the coach lives in Nigeria, he is probably working remote and getting paid for that priviledge
The coach should be Nigerian, let them speak with SSS/ Oliseh, they cant be any worse than this German yahoo yahoo man
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I actually thought Rohr analyzed the game well and his reasons for playing 4-4-2 were very plausible. What he did not explain is why the team lacked any offensive cohesion to the point of being pedestrian, tepid and outright predictable!
|
oscar52 wrote:Post match press conference. See yeye coach talking about that the Croatian play at better clubs and so are better. That kind of mentality is not what Nigeria wants in a coach am sorry. He needs to be send packing ASAP.

[/video]
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

OF all the African teams Nigeria has been the worst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Molue Conductor wrote:OF all the African teams Nigeria has been the worst
For sure. Even worse than Egypt who were pretty bad too. Btw, i just landed in the dump called Volgograd.... we better win tomorrow to make up for all the mosqitoes killing man for Volgograd!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The loss against Croatia is so depressing only because the team failed to put together any meaning full attack. It like a boxer in a fight but he refuses to throw any punches ..... how can he win?? Is theee any point in watching this team again?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Wow. Everyone knew what he wanted to do. No one could stop him.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Molue Conductor wrote:OF all the African teams COWARD ROHR's :curse: team has been the worst
Corrected.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Flex Swift wrote:The loss against Croatia is so depressing only because the team failed to put together any meaning full attack. It like a boxer in a fight but he refuses to throw any punches ..... how can he win?? Is theee any point in watching this team again?
Thank you Sir................................I HATE THIS.................

FOOTBALL-COWARD :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We must rally around our team now.

I have 5 bets in favour of Nigeria. I love my country no matter what.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Tbite wrote:We must rally around our team now.

I have 5 bets in favour of Nigeria. I love my country no matter what.
But Nigeria is not playing........unless you are referring to COWARD ROHR's team.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Undertaker wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:OF all the African teams Nigeria has been the worst
For sure. Even worse than Egypt who were pretty bad too. Btw, i just landed in the dump called Volgograd.... we better win tomorrow to make up for all the mosqitoes killing man for Volgograd!
Remember Croatia had no open shots on goal against us. The tactics we played was obviously too conservative and not the best idea for a team historically prone to mistakes