NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by oscar52 »

Post match press conference. See yeye coach talking about that the Croatian play at better clubs and so are better. That kind of mentality is not what Nigeria wants in a coach am sorry. He needs to be send packing ASAP.

[/video]
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

The good news is that Nigeria is playing the weakest team in the group next while Croatia is capable of beating Argentina and a draw is also probable. If things go according to plan, Nigeria will go into their last match with 3 points to Argentina's 2. I still expect Croatia and Argentina to advance but Nigeria has better odds of doing so than most African teams in this WC.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We are the weakest team.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oscar52 wrote:Post match press conference. See yeye coach talking about that the Croatian play at better clubs and so are better. That kind of mentality is not what Nigeria wants in a coach am sorry. He needs to be send packing ASAP.

[/video]
Like listening to Roy Hodgson at Liverpool
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Post match press conference. See yeye coach talking about that the Croatian play at better clubs and so are better. That kind of mentality is not what Nigeria wants in a coach am sorry. He needs to be send packing ASAP.

[/video]
Like listening to Roy Hodgson at Liverpool
It's loser talk.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Synopsis wrote:We are the weakest team.
You dey mind our people :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Oguleftie wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Nice one mate
mate wrote:Thanks for the match guys. I was riveted and always fearing a sudden surge by Nigeria.

Don’t get down. This is our best team since 1998. Yours is very young and inexperienced. Yet we have full respect and played cautiously.

I’m hoping Croatia and Nigeria both advance. Dream big.
This is not the team that should be selected to go the Russia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:We had certain qualities to have had this game played under a different set of parameters, had we a more imaginative coach. It was over for me once I saw how we were setup.

Rather take a licking playing to my strength, instead of playing with fear.

The Simi Nwankwo sub had to be the most stupid thing I ever saw a Nigerian manager make.

It’s all over folks. The fat lady’s already singing....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

[/video]
Rohr doesn't care. He has his millions in the bank and is now thinking about the topless beaches in the south of France, where he is planning to retire to very soon, where he will build a mansion with his gigantic severance check from the NFF. At night he will be laughing with his friends as they celebrate France's second WC win, while washing down expensive oysters with Verve Clicquot or whatever the hell they drink in the hoity toity parts of France.

Wha choo looking at?!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

[/video]
Rohr doesn't care. He has his millions in the bank and is now thinking about the topless beaches in the south of France, where he is planning to retire to very soon, where he will build a mansion with his gigantic severance check from the NFF. At night he will be laughing with his friends as they celebrate France's second WC win, while washing down expensive oysters with Verve Clicquot or whatever the hell they drink in the hoity toity parts of France.
:rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:We had certain qualities to have had this game played under a different set of parameters, had we a more imaginative coach. It was over for me once I saw how we were setup.

The Simi Nwankwo sub had to be the most stupid thing I ever saw a Nigerian manager make.

and dancing....look at her go! #moveslikejagger
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mscheeeew!

Tourists!
Abeg, make dem catch fun jare.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

[/video]
Keshi is the best coach we have had in forever. He took a bunch of babatunde mess qnd nearly beat France with with them. He instilled belief in that team. Insread Rohr has us feeling inferior
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Coach wrote:
Cellular wrote:

and dancing....look at her go! #moveslikejagger

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

Guys, we are winning the next two games to lead the group. It's going to be a shocker.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

otite wrote:Guys, we are winning the next two games to lead the group. It's going to be a shocker.
:roll:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The YeyeMan wrote:
otite wrote:Guys, we are winning the next two games to lead the group. It's going to be a shocker.
This is actually possible with this set of of players, but Rohr has to ring the changes.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robotnik wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
This is actually possible with this set of of players, but Rohr has to ring the changes.
Certainly possible. It's just unlikely at this point.

Anyway, we're here to learn. :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Iceland is weaker than Argentina on paper, they should have lost to Argentina.

What does weaker or stronger have to do with anything?

Yes, you can understand your limitations, but a coach that rules a team out from any challenge, especially one that is doable should not be employed by any club or country.

Rohr should be careful with some of his comments. I can understand your point and his, but he is overdoing it. He sounds more like someone looking for an escape route, than someone who is trying to be humble and realistic.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

I hope I’m wrong, but we’ll be lucky to get a point at this rate.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

My fren, we'll be lucky to even score. Both of these outcomes would be a first and if they come to pass must lead to Rohr's instant dismissal.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

My fren, we'll be lucky to even score. Both of these outcomes would be a first and if they come to pass must lead to Rohr's instant dismissal.
We can’t keep firing managers and constantly rebuilding. We need to build on what we have.

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Tbite wrote:
Iceland is weaker than Argentina on paper, they should have lost to Argentina.

What does weaker or stronger have to do with anything?

Yes, you can understand your limitations, but a coach that rules a team out from any challenge, especially one that is doable should not be employed by any club or country.

Rohr should be careful with some of his comments. I can understand your point and his, but he is overdoing it. He sounds more like someone looking for an escape route, than someone who is trying to be humble and realistic.
Rohr does not need to be careful with anything. Many people here are expressing the same view. Na loser mentality attitude. It is too widespread. "They tried sha. "
-Simpli fy -