NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-1 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by bret- hart »

Is it to early to sack Rhor?. i wont be suprised if he played the same useless formation vs Iceland.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by airwolex »

I knew Manduzic would be key. We just couldn't handle him like with Mitrovic. Modric is pure class. What a player.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:Chei! African teams pooping all over the place. I thought someone said the West Africans are going to show the North Africans how to do it? Whosai?! What a mess...

Make I go play my own World Cup for FIFA 18 to console myself.
Well, we didn't but WHO KNOWS, we might win our next two games, though I am NO LONGER confident about it. Super-eagles, please prove me wrong
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

100%Naija wrote:Did Shehu just ask Modric for his jersey? Useless fullll
Perhaps with a thick accent saying '' PLEASE SIGN IT OO. I MIGHT TAKE IT TO OKTION ONE DAY"
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Every 4 years it is the same nonsense with African teams.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Spicyee wrote:
amafolas wrote:
zee wrote:
elerineye wrote:We were supposed to be burning up their backline with pace, where is it?
Fooking cowardly German ..killed the pace.
Bloody mickey mouse coach.............let me see the next imbecile that insults the LEGENDARY KESHI :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
keshi is 10 times the coach Rohr is. For one Keshi knows how to motivate Nigerians. and he didn't throw away Naija style soccer and turn us to robots.
The same Keshi who took Ameobi, Uchebo and Nwofor to Brazil 2014? :shock:
...and yet managed to get to the second round and if not for three dodgy calls could've had a decent shot at beating France.

Wouldn't it be trip if he ends up doing more with arguably less talented players hmm?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

When we complained about lack of shots on goal dem say make we no worry.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

what I fear the most is that these guys may not play with any more verve in the next two matches even with a change in formation... I for one thought they were just being chilled during the England game but seems maybe they just don't have the motivation... just 2 or 3 players turned up today.. some not played in the right position, some just on holiday... no passion. Not even sure they were looking for a draw.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Cannot beat 3sc with this kind of foootball
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

:rotf: :rotf:
100%Naija wrote:Did Shehu just ask Modric for his jersey? Useless fullll
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Tbite wrote:
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Tbite wrote:It will not be well with that Ref.
Stop blaming the ref
Shatup, I have NEVER seen that call given. If that is not a racist I know who is. Don't quote the post again, if you don't want to keep rehashing it.
Me neither, but I have also never seen that wrestling move performed so obviously. Maybe one hand, but not both
Tbite has to be a blistering moron. This disgrace has nothing to do with ref.
I did not say that my country Nigeria losing was due to the loss, I implied it was unfortunate the sting was taken out of the match due to inconsistent refereeing.

In any case, win lose or draw, I am proud of my country Nigeria.

Thanks for your trying to empathize but Nigerians such as myself are quite alright.
Don't be a freaging moron why try to bring racism into it? It was clear the team was coached very badly and played very badly nothing to do with the ref. Was the ref making Moses dive, did he field a backline with folks like Shehu who couldn't contribute to a build up or Balogun and Ekong with very limited skills? Did he force Mikel to make a fool of himself or did he leave Iheanacho on the bench?
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Rawlings wrote:Naija played well. They could not have played better
Are you not ashamed that your team didn't qualify? You are here flashy your dirty yellow teeth, with that terrible body odor that can't be cured. Get lost jor.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:Is it to early to sack Rhor?. i wont be suprised if he played the same useless formation vs Iceland.
... for now, no! No sacking, if I am the NFF
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ElHadary wrote:Nigeria needs to beat Iceland and at least draw Argentina.

The issue is Croatia usually give the Italians and Argies fits.

It's not over yet. The only team I think you can say without a doubt will not qualify from their group is KSA, the rest is too early to call imo.
If Rohr doesn't change the formation. We are not beating an egg never mind Iceland.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Few observations. We played better when Mikel left the field. Idowu has no business in the team, and if Moses is not up for it, drop him. Ighalo cannot work alone. This coach needs to be radical if its not all to end on Friday.
To stop trying is to start dying
danesh
Egg
Egg

Post by danesh »

Tough match. We are capable of more. The rest of the teams are made of humans, all is not lost. We're supposed to be supporters not people looking for a reason to complain.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Tbite wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Tbite wrote:It will not be well with that Ref.
Stop blaming the ref
Shatup, I have NEVER seen that call given. If that is not a racist I know who is. Don't quote the post again, if you don't want to keep rehashing it.
Me neither, but I have also never seen that wrestling move performed so obviously. Maybe one hand, but not both
Tbite has to be a blistering moron. This disgrace has nothing to do with ref.
I did not say that my country Nigeria losing was due to the loss, I implied it was unfortunate the sting was taken out of the match due to inconsistent refereeing.

In any case, win lose or draw, I am proud of my country Nigeria.

Thanks for your trying to empathize but Nigerians such as myself are quite alright.
Don't be a freaging moron why try to bring racism into it? It was clear the team was coached very badly and played very badly nothing to do with the ref. Was the ref making Moses dive, did he field a backline with folks like Shehu who couldn't contribute to a build up or Balogun and Ekong with very limited skills? Did he force Mikel to make a fool of himself or did he leave Iheanacho on the bench?
Thanks for your wonderfully insight, Nigerians will look into it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

amafolas wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
amafolas wrote:see what happened with Nacho and Musa with some bit of speed can do. That's naija style, slow aimless football interjected by sudden burst of pace. That sudden burst of pace is what usually catches European teams. but we have the slowest forward line ever. old man Ighalo, mikel, slow Iwobi
Alex is not slow.
Alex is slow by Naija standards. Compare to him to any of our forwards from history. Siasia, Amokachi, Finidi, Yekini, even a young Yak, Aghahowa, Oba Martins.. those guys are all faster than Iwobi.
I disagree bro. Don't think Alex is as slow as you describing. He just did not see enough of the ball today..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

airwolex wrote:
ElHadary wrote:Nigeria needs to beat Iceland and at least draw Argentina.

The issue is Croatia usually give the Italians and Argies fits.

It's not over yet. The only team I think you can say without a doubt will not qualify from their group is KSA, the rest is too early to call imo.
If Rohr doesn't change the formation. We are not beating an egg never mind Iceland.
Well yes, whenever you lose you have to call into question the tactics.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Ekorian wrote:Too defensive minded. Peru lost but gave a good account of themselves. We were happy knocking the ball around in our half. God help us against Iceland
Moses will fall over the place in that one :veryangry:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

danesh wrote:Tough match. We are capable of more. The rest of the teams are made of humans, all is not lost. We're supposed to be supporters not people looking for a reason to complain.
We are disappointed. I honestly dont mind a loss. But I do mind a souless performance.
This was a souless performance.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

zee wrote:
Odas wrote:The commentators are asking, why we didn't show passion and why are we so PASSIVE in our approach to the game"
Because a useless CONSERVATIVE German is our coach. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Unfortunately he had to be found out in the big game. What a fraud!!
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by Odas »

Though I am saddened, but I don't think it is over yet. It is not over until we lose our second game.