NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:I dont even know why the boys are getting all these insults, player for player Croatia parades a better team.
Bros,...we never played to our potential in this game.
Its not about facing a better team, its our lack of joy and purpose, especially in attack.

Not once did I see these boys play our style of football. We were tentative from beginning to end, and that is not our game.

For the next game, Rohr has to reach in and change the script. Playing a lone striker up front does not work for us, especially against physical, disciplined European sides. We need to be more positive and purposeful moving forward.

I hope the boys do some soul searching, and find their inner Jay Jays, Babayaro's and Oliseh. We need that Nigerian spirit back.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Men what happened to Ndidi? It was as if he was on the pitch to launch useless throw ins. So disappointed in his play.
KB
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-1 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by KB »

kbt wrote:It seems Rohr deliberately sabotaged this team. Its inexplicable that he played the same disastrous system that was terrible against England in the first half.
But did Rohr instruct Moses to dive everytime he came in contact with the Croatians?
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

asabe wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
asabe wrote:Only player who put in work was Moses..The 2 central defenders were not so bad, aaprt from the peneralty.
Moses was killing out attack by falling down all over the place
Which attack? He was the ATTACK!!

trying to drimble 4 players is not always the best option. Of Course i don't blame him is Pylon Ighalo that was not moving
Last edited by Molue Conductor on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:Men what happened to Ndidi? It was as if he was on the pitch to launch useless throw ins. So disappointed in his play.
He did what a DM should do.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Rohr told y'all, he came to learn, una nor believe
Nonsense. Then why not bring players like Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen and Ola Aina instead of players on their last legs?
Ola Aina who was struggling against Congo... :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

asabe wrote:Only player who put in work was Moses..The 2 central defenders were not so bad, aaprt from the peneralty.
Moses needs to get out with all that diving he did.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Molue Conductor wrote:
airwolex wrote:Men what happened to Ndidi? It was as if he was on the pitch to launch useless throw ins. So disappointed in his play.
He did what a DM should do.
Someone who has been out injured and just coming back from injury....gosh this is why professional athletes end up using drugs. They are expected to be superhuman without fragilities.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

This tEam if thats all we got have no chaNCE I HELL.....
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

What’s the point qualifying if this is what we will play and disgrace ourselves. We would have been better for off staying at home
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Agbako wrote:This tEam if thats all we got have no chaNCE I HELL.....
Thank God the games are being played in Russia then
Eaglet
Eaglet

ceejay22 wrote:What’s the point qualifying if this is what we will play and disgrace ourselves. We would have been better for off staying at home
Let Ghana play. At least they seem interested
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ipe Grams wrote:
oloye wrote:You all can hyperventilate all evening....we lost to a better team period. They were better than us in every aspect of the game, that we came off with only 2 goals for me was a surprise because they have a team that can do us 4 without breaking a sweat. How many did Denmark do our so called JJ and the so called great team for? 4 goals under 30mins.

We conceded two avoidable goals and if Moses was a Croatian he would have gotten a penalty from that obnoxious ref. Yes that was a penalty but I want someone to swear Ekong was the first person in this world cup to wrap his hands against his opponent.

Its not that we lost that's painful, it the way we played and likely play the same way in the next 2 matches. Even Peru today played much better and still lost.
Moses was the one tripping himself at most time and they were not penalties at all.
Rohr's stubbornness showed again.

You see a team that showed you early how they want to play you. Go to a 352... you are wasting Iwobi on the flanks. You have played multiple games without a decent shot on goal playing 442.

Good thing is that if (and it is a big if) they can get a win against Iceland they are back in this tourney.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:I dont even know why the boys are getting all these insults, player for player Croatia parades a better team.
Bros,...we never played to our potential in this game.
Its not about facing a better team, its our lack of joy and purpose, especially in attack.

Not once did I see these boys play our style of football. We were tentative from beginning to end, and that is not our game.

For the next game, Rohr has to reach in and change the script. Playing a lone striker up front does not work for us, especially against physical, disciplined European sides. We need to be more positive and purposeful moving forward.

I hope the boys do some soul searching, and find their inner Jay Jays, Babayaro's and Oliseh. We need that Nigerian spirit back.
What is this our potential I keep hearing...we were beaten by a better team. I can live with that. I will only lose my marbles of we fall to a crap team.

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Where are those who prefer average players that have experience.
Nwakali brothers are the real deal.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

DIMKA76 wrote:Someone said Rohr is a bit like Berti. I can see similarities. Pedantic not proactive. For one, he has never taken a team to the World Cup. He has reached his level. Never thought I'd say this. Rohr thinks Nigeria should be satisfied to be at the WC but Nigeria is ambitious. We have gone beyond the group stages.

Never thought I'd say this. Rohr should be sacked after this World Cup. We need a coach either from Nigeria or someone with more tactical Nuance.
Only a Nigerian coach will give us a result at any WC..................it's b/c of that Nigerian mentality that 'RATIONAL' Europeans can and will never understand.
Rohr like all 'RATIONAL' Germans came into this match believing that we should lose against a team with players from Barca, RM, Juve etc. For Rohr it is the 'RATIONAL' result...........................but a Keshi will expect and motivate his team to take the fight to the opponents while reminding them that NAMES don't win matches.

Rohr is just like Winfred Schäfer.............................Textbook and 'ORDERLY' German coaches.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Oguleftie wrote:Where are those who prefer average players that have experience.
Nwakali brothers are the real deal.
Nonsense..........we have a poor coach.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

zee wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Odas and danfo driver lmao
They are patriotic Nigerians that wanted their country to do well..................the blame is all on Rohr. :curse:
There’s a difference between being patriotic and being stupid blockheaded crooks...anyways 2022.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

uglyoneiamagain wrote:We should have made earlier changes'
Croatia 2-0 Nigeria
Former Nigeria forward Peter Odemwingie told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's a disappointing result and performance, and we only had one effort on goal which was a looping header. Mikel needs to play deeper in the role he is used to with Chelsea and Iwobi needs to play in the middle.

"I understand the team selection in the first half but we should have changed it when we went 1-0 down. I don't expect to win the World Cup with this young squad but we can improve."

gucci slippers talking
common sense
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I want to see a Nigerian team next game - win or lose. Not this impotent trifle. I know our natural game is prone to defensive lapses, but at least we will show more fight than was ever on show tonight. Croatia are better man for man. In that case go in with some Naija roforofo.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Typical arguments, borne of anger and not reasoning.
People need to re-watch all those world cup games we lost and compare it to this match against Croatia.
First time I watch the SE with a tight midfield. This team needs a bullying striker and it will be ok.

What has happened should be in the past. We still have two matches to play, and we should
represent our nation proudly.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
Ipe Grams wrote:
oloye wrote:You all can hyperventilate all evening....we lost to a better team period. They were better than us in every aspect of the game, that we came off with only 2 goals for me was a surprise because they have a team that can do us 4 without breaking a sweat. How many did Denmark do our so called JJ and the so called great team for? 4 goals under 30mins.

We conceded two avoidable goals and if Moses was a Croatian he would have gotten a penalty from that obnoxious ref. Yes that was a penalty but I want someone to swear Ekong was the first person in this world cup to wrap his hands against his opponent.

Its not that we lost that's painful, it the way we played and likely play the same way in the next 2 matches. Even Peru today played much better and still lost.
Moses was the one tripping himself at most time and they were not penalties at all.
Rohr's stubbornness showed again.

You see a team that showed you early how they want to play you. Go to a 352... you are wasting Iwobi on the flanks. You have played multiple games without a decent shot on goal playing 442.

Good thing is that if (and it is a big if) they can get a win against Iceland they are back in this tourney.
You guys don't understand the German mentality...............For Rohr, it's an expected result that we will lose, but his gameplan is not to get embarrassed.
In his German mind......Croatia has bettert players playing in top teams, so they MUST win. His biz is to make sure it is not a rout.
The great BIG BOSS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: KESHI(God bless his beautiful soul......Amen) ...........with these players, would have torn Croatia into bits.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:
goke313 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:This lying over Mikel's attacking talents for the past 10 years is kicking us in the azz.

Iwobi should've been playing the #10 role.....Mikel's ego of wanting to play the #10 is killing our team
10, 20 even 30, when Nigeria accepts its squad is mediocre top to bottom, then reality will sink it’s teeth into the exaggerated expectations. Absolutely sh*t...but best kit in the competition.
:lol: :lol:
We are the England of Africa, always thinking we are better than we actually are. See people's mouth like we are going to reach semi-final. Self-deception na bad tin. So far, only Saudi Arabia was worse than Nigeria.

Coachito, given that you are a soccer expet expat, can you explanate to me why Rohr keeps playing the toothless Ighalo? I don't get it.

Anyway, make I kuku begin support Senegal, because we are going home very soon.