Moses appears back to his best in last training session

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Moses appears back to his best in last training session

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Victor Moses dazzles in final training session as Croatian coach reveals his starting line-up - See more at: https://goo.gl/XyA4QK

[1] Once more, it is down to the giant of Africa to redeem the continent's pride. After Morocco and Egypt got off to terrible starts, watch the Super Eagles of Nigeria get the whole world talking about African football again tonight.

[2] Nothing short of victory by a two goal margin is acceptable. I expect another opener similar to what we saw in USA 94 today. Croatia simply do not have the legs at the back, so if Ighalo, Moses, Iwobi and Iheanacho bring their "A Game" to the table, we should coast to victory with relative ease

[3] If Iwobi, Moses and Ighalo play well, we will win this match with ease but if they have bad games, we will struggle

[4] Just cast your minds back to Uyo. Because Balogun, Mikel, Moses and Ighalo were on fire, the team coasted to victory. It did not matter that some other players had a bad day

[5] As we all know, Mikel and Ndidi are the backbone of our team. It is a given that they must play well and of late they have been consistent

[6] In recent friendlies, we have suffered because the Chinese league has been on a break and Mikel and Ighalo have not been playing. However, it appears, they are both back to full fitness now

[7] I for one am not worried about this match. Croatia simply do not have the legs or the pace to match us. For all their creativity, they cannot handle a high tempo game

[8] Physically too, I expect us to have the edge

[9] it is now down to Gernot Rohr with his tactics and selection

[10] I expect a goal apiece from Moses, Ighalo and Iwobi!
jb
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses appears back to his best in last training session

Post by jb »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Victor Moses dazzles in final training session as Croatian coach reveals his starting line-up - See more at: https://goo.gl/XyA4QK

[1] Once more, it is down to the giant of Africa to redeem the continent's pride. After Morocco and Egypt got off to terrible starts, watch the Super Eagles of Nigeria get the whole world talking about African football again tonight.

[2] Nothing short of victory by a two goal margin is acceptable. I expect another opener similar to what we saw in USA 94 today. Croatia simply do not have the legs at the back, so if Ighalo, Moses, Iwobi and Iheanacho bring their "A Game" to the table, we should coast to victory with relative ease

[3] If Iwobi, Moses and Ighalo play well, we will win this match with ease but if they have bad games, we will struggle

[4] Just cast your minds back to Uyo. Because Balogun, Mikel, Moses and Ighalo were on fire, the team coasted to victory. It did not matter that some other players had a bad day

[5] As we all know, Mikel and Ndidi are the backbone of our team. It is a given that they must play well and of late they have been consistent

[6] In recent friendlies, we have suffered because the Chinese league has been on a break and Mikel and Ighalo have not been playing. However, it appears, they are both back to full fitness now

[7] I for one am not worried about this match. Croatia simply do not have the legs or the pace to match us. For all their creativity, they cannot handle a high tempo game

Well said. We must nail them. Nigeria will rule the world.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The day is finally here. Today na today, Croatia go see Pepper, day's all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Victor Moses dazzles in final training session as Croatian coach reveals his starting line-up - See more at: https://goo.gl/XyA4QK

Kelechi and iwobi will score, because etebo and Ndidi Bri g some kind of balance in midfield for us.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

At best this is a 50/50 game. They are vastly more experienced than us. From top to bottom. The only person, we have close to their clout is Mikel. So saying your not bothered is silly.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I don't get it. Nigerians in their right minds expect a minimum 2 goal margin win against this Croatian side? Do you guys watch football at all, or is this just the usual Nigerian misplaced braggado?

We will be lucky to pull off a draw against this Croatian side with Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, and Mandzukic.

For me, the key to pulling off a good result from this game is HARDWORK, with examples already shown by Australia and Iran. I trust Rohr to make sure we defend properly first, and then build from there.

Mek una dey there dey brag.
Last edited by Cally on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

okidoki wrote:At best this is a 50/50 game. They are vastly more experienced than us. From top to bottom. The only person, we have close to their clout is Mikel. So saying your not bothered is silly.
At least someone with some sense.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Cally wrote:I don't get it. Nigerians in their right minds expect a minimum 2 goal margin win against this Croatian side? Do you guys watch football at all, or is this just the usual Nigerian misplaced braggado?

We will be lucky to pull off a draw against this Croatian side with Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, and Mandzukic.

For me, the key to pulling off a good result from this game is HARDWORK, with examples already shown by Australia and Iran. I trust Rohr to make sure we defend properly first, and then build from there.

Just that period b4 the depression sets in.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cally wrote:I don't get it. Nigerians in their right minds expect a minimum 2 goal margin win against this Croatian side? Do you guys watch football at all, or is this just the usual Nigerian misplaced braggado?

Football is not PlayStation where form never dips. Football is played on the green grass and not paper. Croatia’s ageing squad does not scare me one bit. They do not have the legs, lungs and pace to play like say Spain despite all their superstars!