Ighalo you can do what Diego Costa just did

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Ighalo you can do what Diego Costa just did

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I expect to see that from you tomorrow. You did it against Cameroon in Uyo, so no excuses.

By the way, Spain are the best team I have seen so far. They are a delight to watch!
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo you can do what Diego Costa just did

Post by Polly »

We hope he does. But Ighalo simply does not know how to STRIKE the ball, particularly on his stronger foot!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I doubt he has the strength to hold off defenders the way Costa does
Polly wrote:We hope he does. But Ighalo simply does not know how to STRIKE the ball, particularly on his stronger foot!
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Are you smoking hashish Ayo?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Diego showed what centefoward hold up play is all about. See the way he fights for the ball!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I expect to see that from you tomorrow. You did it against Cameroon in Uyo, so no excuses.

By the way, Spain are the best team I have seen so far. They are a delight to watch!
I swear Portugal will have something to say about this statement
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Diego showed what centefoward hold up play is all about. See the way he fights for the ball!
It worked 'cos he was against Portuguese NAIVE defenders.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

zee wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Diego showed what centefoward hold up play is all about. See the way he fights for the ball!
Pepe is among the best six centre backs in the world!
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Yes. Especially if Joel Obi playing at left fullback.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
zee wrote:
This wasn't even true in 2011.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
zee wrote:
Says who? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

No he can't. FGS, yesterday it was Ighalo Saudi Arabia, today its Diego Ighalo, tomorrow, Odion Mbappe. Forgerrit. Ighalo is Ighalo, he'll work hard, run the channels, get a goal or two and be far, far short of the quality shown today.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Coach wrote:No he can't. FGS, yesterday it was Ighalo Saudi Arabia today is Diego Ighalo, tomorrow, Odion Mbappe. Forgerrit. Ighalo is Ighalo, hell work hard, run the channels, get a goal or two and be far, far short of the quality shown today.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Yes, as long as he receives cross field passes from Kelechi Nwakali and crosses from Onyekuru. :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Goldleaf wrote:Yes, as long as he receives cross field passes from Kelechi Nwakali and crosses from Onyekuru. :lol:
No you meant Nwakili :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ighalo will determine how well we fair in this World Cup. If he has a great tournament we will go far, if he flops we will have a bad Mundial.

We won the 2013 Nations Cup and qualified for the second round of Brazil 2014 because Emmmanuel Emenike had good tournaments. Likewise, we won gold in Atlanta 96 because Nwankwo Kanu played well.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ighalo should now be fully fit. he and Mikel appeared to suffer from the break in the Chinese season in the last two friendlies but now, they appear to be back to full fitness.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ighalo should now be fully fit. he and Mikel appeared to suffer from the break in the Chinese season in the last two friendlies but now, they appear to be back to full fitness.
Statistics at SE level:

- Ighalo: P(19) G (4) - All when fully fit by the way.
- Iheanacho: P (18) G (8)
- Moses: P (34) G (11)
- Iwobi P (19) G (5)
- Musa P(72) G(13)

Please stop spinning and hyping this guy. It is annoying. By any yardstick, 1 in 5 is not the output of a good striker. Even Ahmed Musa who does not get the opportunity to play as a striker is very close to his stats (with over 300% more games!). I think once you take Ighalo out of the starting XI we will start to have the semblance of a top quality team. At the moment, he drags the team down. Don't be fooled by the hustle and near misses.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ighalo should now be fully fit. he and Mikel appeared to suffer from the break in the Chinese season in the last two friendlies but now, they appear to be back to full fitness.
Statistics at SE level:

- Iwobi P (19) G (5)
- Musa P(72) G(13)

Please stop spinning and hyping this guy. It is annoying. By any yardstick, 1 in 5 is not the output of a good striker. Even Ahmed Musa who does not get the opportunity to play as a striker is very close to his stats (with over 300% more games!). I think once you take Ighalo out of the starting XI we will start to have the semblance of a top quality team. At the moment, he drags the team down. Don't be fooled by the hustle and near misses.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sheikh wrote:
Statistics at SE level:

- Iwobi P (19) G (5)
- Musa P(72) G(13)

Talk as much nonsense as you like but without Ighalo, we have no team. He, Mikel and Ndidi are the ones who give the team its shape and hold it together.

You naively think that the targetman is just there to score goals. I give up on you!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

It’s his birthday he needs to celebrate with a goal and win
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Statistics at SE level:

- Iwobi P (19) G (5)
- Musa P(72) G(13)

Talk as much nonsense as you like but without Ighalo, we have no team. He, Mikel and Ndidi are the ones who give the team its shape and hold it together.

You naively think that the targetman is just there to score goals. I give up on you!
All target men I know score a high ratio of goals (not 1 in 5). Those are who are good at holding up for the midfield (Costa, Drogba, Kane, Firmino, Mueller) all score a great number of goals. Even two of the best false 9s who were brilliant at holding up play (Dennis Bergkamp and Jari Lithmanen) were phenomenal goalscorers too. Please stop peddling falsehoods, and do not mention Ighalo in the same breadth as Mikel and Ndidi. We are quite cohesive and productive without Ighalo (refer to Argentina v. Nigeria). Lowly Udinese, Granada and Watford also found this out. Why can't we see the same. Unfortunately, this is one of Rohr's shortcomings (blinded by loyalty to past reputations). I had been pointing out the same issue concerning good past achievements but now overrated and a possible liability (Ighalo's reputation was his one season wonder at Watford) about Onazi for about 2 years, but good we had the benefit of the England friendly to finally find out before it was too late. Rohr waits until it stares him in the face at great cost before he responds (there may therefore be an issue about not being incissive). A player should be as good as his form and his contribution, and be selected on that basis.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I expect to see that from you tomorrow. You did it against Cameroon in Uyo, so no excuses.

Arguably best attacking team with Porous defense and a keeper with THE GEAR IN REVERSE...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD