France 2 vs Australia 1 (Match Thread) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: France 2 vs Australia 1 (Match Thread) FT

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:They asked Patrice Evra if it was the correct decision to award France a penalty for the tackle on Griezmann.

Evra response was brilliantly Evra: “I want to keep my French passport. So yes, it was a definite penalty.”

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
VAR system is 4 assistant referees watching it on tape.

How could you say it was a disaster or is a disaster?

They have got the calls right.
The rule for VAR interference is if it is a marginal call and the Ref plays on, no need for VAR. If incident is clear cut and Ref misses it, then VAR steps in.

Prior to the Peru penalty call, this rule had not been adhered to. The bench and players have pressured Refs into allowing VAR interference. E.G. The Griezmann call was never a VAR decision cos it was not clear cut. The Argentina pen was also another disastrous decision. What was worse, they missed what should have been a clear penalty.

I am a fan of VAR but they need to follow the rules to avoid VAR's true intentions being lost in the confusion. If we do allow players and dug outs, pressure Refs for VAR interference, we lose VAR forever. This will be a shame.
Here come the EPL fans again.

The rule is that the VAR calls the attention of the ref to a potential incident for review
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: France 2 vs Australia 1 (Match Thread) FT

Post by bepanda »

Peru will beat France.