ETEBO WAS MASSIVE TODAY regardless

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ETEBO WAS MASSIVE TODAY regardless

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aykwes8 wrote:the deflected goal was unfortunate but he is a very good player . the #8
No one bothered to man the back post for some reason!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oscar52 wrote:Please the three worst players are Etebo, Shehu, and Ighalo. Etebo constantly passing back but I don't blame they were all mostly played out of position so it was like they were learning a new role.
The problem here is that you do not understand why he is forced to pass backwards. The name of the game is ball retention, you cannot pass forward where there is no movement, it is better you keep the ball even if it means passing backwards than a speculative pass forward.

The boy did well,call it average or whatever he did what he had to do, helped to retain the ball and gave us a decent look in the middle. Compare his performance and the midfield to the shambolic first half against England.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:the deflected goal was unfortunate but he is a very good player . the #8
No one bother to man the back post for some reason!
He was the one Manning the post...he saw that the Croatian was going to head the free ball so he stepped out to stop him, the leg he stretched out unsettled the Croatian who misses , but unfortunately the ball deflected off his other leg into the net.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

marutimon wrote:
john12 wrote:coach you're too harsh on them. they matched Croatia toe to toe but conceded foolish goals
Yeah. Croatia got two goals from corners (our Achilles heel). We didn't lose midfield.

As for Etebo:
Fouled 8 times
Completed 8 dribbles
Had 2 key passes
Had 2 tackles
Completed 92,5% of his passes

And Ndidi:
Fouled 3 times
Had 5 tackles
Had 3 interceptions
Had 3 clearances
Had 1 key pass
Won 6 headers
Completed 90% of his passes

Overall Ndidi and Etebo were the two best players on the field. Regardless of teams.
Same here bro :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oscar52 wrote:Please the three worst players are Etebo, Shehu, and Ighalo. Etebo constantly passing back but I don't blame they were all mostly played out of position so it was like they were learning a new role.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Agent
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:^^^^^^
Just from the one million different opinions on the same topic here, that alone simply suggests the majority are being emotional.
Thank God una nor be coach.
Small time now, y'all will come back and tell us "Ehnnn.....after rewatching the game a third time today with no tension, I realise now that A wasn't so bad, B wasn't so useless, blablahblah..." :roll: :roll: :roll:
This is why I watch Naija games alone.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
marutimon wrote:
john12 wrote:coach you're too harsh on them. they matched Croatia toe to toe but conceded foolish goals
Yeah. Croatia got two goals from corners (our Achilles heel). We didn't lose midfield.

As for Etebo:
Fouled 8 times
Completed 8 dribbles
Had 2 key passes
Had 2 tackles
Completed 92,5% of his passes

And Ndidi:
Fouled 3 times
Had 5 tackles
Had 3 interceptions
Had 3 clearances
Had 1 key pass
Won 6 headers
Completed 90% of his passes

Overall Ndidi and Etebo were the two best players on the field. Regardless of teams.
In the 2nd half, Etebo threw one nasty pass to Moses, even the commentators had to talk about how great the pass was.

Is it possible for a player that signed for a team move somewhere else without kicking a ball for that team? We need Etebo in the top division and we can dash dem Onazi.
Neves played there in he is now in the EPL.......................Let Etebo make his money and boss that league.
He can always get a better team in January.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

can we name Etebo - the gladiator because this dude is a warrior in the middle of heated battle and doesnt go down
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Hmmmm. Etebo has really come of age in this tournament. Shame he went and signed for a Championship side.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Etebo is a warrior,he will give you what you want. He started slowly today at some point I was questioning his presence, I guess it took him time to settle into the new role asked of him today. In the second half it was like he was released to do what he loves doing best , take risk as run at people.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No one bother to man the back post for some reason!
He was the one Manning the post...he saw that the Croatian was going to head the free ball so he stepped out to stop him, the leg he stretched out unsettled the Croatian who misses , but unfortunately the ball deflected off his other leg into the net.

Nope. No one was covering the back post. Etebo was in the middle and stpped back closer to the post after the kick was taken. Go watch the goal again.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I love this player.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Etebo is solid!! Two games and I'm in love with him already!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Synopsis wrote:He was average

He did try to move the ball forward today but he is mad slow, Ndidi and Mikel should play cm and dm and allow iwobi play am, in a pure 352. With etebo the midfield is slow to react and too open surprisingly.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:

He did try to move the ball forward today but he is mad slow, Ndidi and Mikel should play cm and dm and allow iwobi play am, in a pure 352. With etebo the midfield is slow to react and too open surprisingly.
Did you see the one time Iwobi tried to run with the ball they tackled it away from him. Thats his problem he loses a lot of balls when he tries to carry it. Etebo did very well in the second half, first half he seemed confused about his role.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Did you see the one time Iwobi tried to run with the ball they tackled it away from him. Thats his problem he loses a lot of balls when he tries to carry it. Etebo did very well in the second half, first half he seemed confused about his role.
When I tok am dem tok say I be hater.

But dem no go say na bigotry sha...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Etebo was great, but he shot a couple of times when Musa and Iheanacho were making a great run which would have likely ended with a goal. Instead he simply got blocked.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This player has grown on me. Too many positives in his game. Why he signed this early with Stoke is a mystery. From what I've seen so far, he can comfortably play for a top 10 team in any of the top leagues in Europe. This guy has improved a lot since the 2014 Olympics.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:Etebo was great, but he shot a couple of times when Musa and Iheanacho were making a great run which would have likely ended with a goal. Instead he simply got blocked.
He will take that shot because he has it in his locker. That said, with more game time, his vision and decision making in that area will improve.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Shownoja wrote:Himself and Ndidi did very well. Mikel, Moses, Idowu and Ekong had very bad games. Also, Musa, yes Musa brought an urgency to the game. We showed more of our potential when he came on. Any why he keeps playing Idowu is beyond comprehension.
HUMBOO PIE ANYONE? :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

He had a lot of energy and drive in the forward midfield position and Obi did much better in the deeper role.

Etebo did so much running he got tired towards the end.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

He had a great game as a joint CM next to Ndidi and in front of Mikel. He was no AM. He was everywhere playing defense and bringing the ball up to the attack. Excellent player.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ETEBOOO. Ive always been a massive fan of his.

He huffed, puffed and chased everything. He was also the catalyst of our attack in our second half revival. He wasnt scared of running at the opponents midfield and defense when he had the ball. Hes close control is out of this world.