ETEBO WAS MASSIVE TODAY regardless

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ETEBO WAS MASSIVE TODAY regardless

Post by jette1 »

He was a warrior in that mid; the goal does not taint anything about him
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: ETEBO WAS MASSIVE TODAY regardless

Post by Shownoja »

Himself and Ndidi did very well. Mikel, Moses, Idowu and Ekong had very bad games. Also, Musa, yes Musa brought an urgency to the game. We showed more of our potential when he came on. Any why he keeps playing Idowu is beyond comprehension.
To stop trying is to start dying
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

At this point I don't see the reason why we should persist with playing Mikel any longer. After the WC he should retire jeje. In fact let us stop playing altogether now.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

the deflected goal was unfortunate but he is a very good player . the #8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not a single player in green did well, let alone very. But alas when sh*t can pass as chocolate pudding, let them eat cake.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He was average
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

coach you're too harsh on them. they matched Croatia toe to toe but conceded foolish goals
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Please the three worst players are Etebo, Shehu, and Ighalo. Etebo constantly passing back but I don't blame they were all mostly played out of position so it was like they were learning a new role.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:coach you're too harsh on them. they matched Croatia toe to toe but conceded foolish goals
Yeah. Croatia got two goals from corners (our Achilles heel). We didn't lose midfield.

As for Etebo:
Fouled 8 times
Completed 8 dribbles
Had 2 key passes
Had 2 tackles
Completed 92,5% of his passes

And Ndidi:
Fouled 3 times
Had 5 tackles
Had 3 interceptions
Had 3 clearances
Had 1 key pass
Won 6 headers
Completed 90% of his passes

Overall Ndidi and Etebo were the two best players on the field. Regardless of teams.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

This coach just need to be proactive and stop been stubborn. Play Etebo from the left draw Mikel back to the front of defence like he did for Chelsea. Play Ndidi infront of Mikel , Iwobi and Kele as striker and Moses to come from thr right. Why will a coach continue to play Ighalo that just scored one goal only him will explain.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Coach wrote:Not a single player in green did well, let alone very. But alas when sh*t can pass as chocolate pudding, let them eat cake.
I was impressed with Eteobo and Iheanacho.

The GK was extremely inexperienced and constantly out of position.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

oscar52 wrote:Please the three worst players are Etebo, Shehu, and Ighalo. Etebo constantly passing back but I don't blame they were all mostly played out of position so it was like they were learning a new role.
You are crazy. Yes, he did pass sideways and backwards, but he also was Nigeria's main push going forward.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Shownoja wrote:Himself and Ndidi did very well. Mikel, Moses, Idowu and Ekong had very bad games. Also, Musa, yes Musa brought an urgency to the game. We showed more of our potential when he came on. Any why he keeps playing Idowu is beyond comprehension.
Na world cup you watch? Thank god say I watcham this time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

^^^^^^
Just from the one million different opinions on the same topic here, that alone simply suggests the majority are being emotional.
Thank God una nor be coach.
Small time now, y'all will come back and tell us "Ehnnn.....after rewatching the game a third time today with no tension, I realise now that A wasn't so bad, B wasn't so useless, blablahblah..." :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:^^^^^^
Just from the one million different opinions on the same topic here, that alone simply suggests the majority are being emotional.
Small time now, y'all will come back and tell us "Ehnnn.....after rewatching the game a third time today with no tension, I realise now that A wasn't so bad, B wasn't so useless, blablahblah..." :roll: :roll: :roll:

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

marutimon wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Please the three worst players are Etebo, Shehu, and Ighalo. Etebo constantly passing back but I don't blame they were all mostly played out of position so it was like they were learning a new role.
You are crazy. Yes, he did pass sideways and backwards, but he also was Nigeria's main push going forward.
No he was not, it was Mikel. Etebo killed most of the attack and energy with his constant falling over the ball waiting for the ref to blow his whistle.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

marutimon wrote:
john12 wrote:coach you're too harsh on them. they matched Croatia toe to toe but conceded foolish goals
Yeah. Croatia got two goals from corners (our Achilles heel). We didn't lose midfield.

As for Etebo:
Fouled 8 times
Completed 8 dribbles
Had 2 key passes
Had 2 tackles
Completed 92,5% of his passes

And Ndidi:
Fouled 3 times
Had 5 tackles
Had 3 interceptions
Had 3 clearances
Had 1 key pass
Won 6 headers
Completed 90% of his passes

Overall Ndidi and Etebo were the two best players on the field. Regardless of teams.
In the 2nd half, Etebo threw one nasty pass to Moses, even the commentators had to talk about how great the pass was.

Is it possible for a player that signed for a team move somewhere else without kicking a ball for that team? We need Etebo in the top division and we can dash dem Onazi.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

oscar52 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
No he was not, it was Mikel. Etebo killed most of the attack and energy with his constant falling over the ball waiting for the ref to blow his whistle.
I rewatched that match. Etebo played safe when all channels got blocked. If he had misplaced any pass in that position, croatia woudl kill us. Dont forget he played DM and DMs first instinct is safety and keeping possession of the ball.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

On this one I agree Etebo did good after comparing him with his teammates.

Why will anyone with football brain blame Etebo for the first goal? The guy should keep his head high and raise up his hand as one the best Naija players on the field against Croatia. He did good!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ElHadary wrote:
Coach wrote:Not a single player in green did well, let alone very. But alas when sh*t can pass as chocolate pudding, let them eat cake.
I was impressed with Eteobo and Iheanacho.

The GK was extremely inexperienced and constantly out of position.
... true and he did that several times. He has done same many times in friendlies games before. At moment, I am wondering when he will improve.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

oscar52 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Are you mad? Etebo - save for one occasion close to the end - kept running, even when being fouled. The ref actually broke play 2-3 times because Etebo was being fouled, but still ran forward.

Etebo was fouled 8 times that the ref blew a whistle for. But he was fouled 3 or 4 more times the ref didn't whistle. He may have dribbled to much in midfield, but he didn't lose the ball once! And manage the team high pass rate.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

jette1 wrote:He was a warrior in that mid; the goal does not taint anything about him

All he did was pass sideways all game, probably playing to instructions from the pessimistic Rohr
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:^^^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.