Way too passive to win a game at the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Way too passive to win a game at the World Cup

Post by mystic »

Not good enough. If we're not going to be more aggressive offensively we'll be heading home early. Rohr has got to change his approach.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Way too passive to win a game at the World Cup

Post by Goldleaf »

Those boys do not look physically fit. The Croatians played in 2nd gear comfortably and were still far more athletic, stronger and powerful. We were falling over the ball. Victor Moses is a complete disgrace diving all over the place. Mikel looked like he is closing to 60 years old. By the time he turned, the croatians just took the ball easily from him.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Welcome back mystic
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The more reason why you don't hire a journeyman coach without much coaching success to coach your national team. He was fired from Etoile because the GM says the players were showing a lack discipline under him like what Ekong did today.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I’ve been giving Rohr the benefit of the doubt but it’s difficult to go on making excuses for him. He needs to redeem himself by overhauling this team. Uzoho, Ekong, Etebo and Idowu need to be confined to the bench. Ighalo, what can I say? 73 minutes and not one credible shot on goal. Rohr better start Nacho in the next game; and bench Moses if he continues with his useless, wasteful antics :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I’ve been giving Rohr the benefit of the doubt but it’s difficult to go on making excuses for him. He needs to redeem himself by overhauling this team. Ekong, Etebo and Idowu need to be confined to the bench. Ighalo, what can I say? 73 minutes and not one credible shot on goal. Rohr better start Nacho in the next game; and bench Moses if he continues with his useless, wasteful antics :!:

Cheers.
You have a coach that thinks his teams are inferior to almost every European team and you want him to be motivated to make needed changes? This coach does not know his players and quite frankly does not have any tactical plan. He sole criteria seem to be that they must be playing week in week out at theur club and not be playing in Nigeria. I say its time to give him the pink slip.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mystic wrote:Not good enough. If we're not going to be more aggressive offensively we'll be heading home early. Rohr has got to change his approach.
It is your normal German approach at the WC with African teams.....................Schäfer destroyed a VERY TALENTED Camerounian team at 2002 WC.
German coaches believe that teams with players playing in top teams are supposed and will always defeat teams with 'normal' players.
If we had a German coach in 1994..........Bulgaria would have blown us away.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:Those boys do not look physically fit. The Croatians played in 2nd gear comfortably and were still far more athletic, stronger and powerful. We were falling over the ball. Victor Moses is a complete disgrace diving all over the place. Mikel looked like he is closing to 60 years old. By the time he turned, the croatians just took the ball easily from him.
Nonsense and BS analysis............it's all on the Coach.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I’ve been giving Rohr the benefit of the doubt but it’s difficult to go on making excuses for him. He needs to redeem himself by overhauling this team. Uzoho, Ekong, Etebo and Idowu need to be confined to the bench. Ighalo, what can I say? 73 minutes and not one credible shot on goal. Rohr better start Nacho in the next game; and bench Moses if he continues with his useless, wasteful antics :!:

Cheers.
What game were you watching if you want to confine Uzoho and Etebo to the bench?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marutimon wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I’ve been giving Rohr the benefit of the doubt but it’s difficult to go on making excuses for him. He needs to redeem himself by overhauling this team. Uzoho, Ekong, Etebo and Idowu need to be confined to the bench. Ighalo, what can I say? 73 minutes and not one credible shot on goal. Rohr better start Nacho in the next game; and bench Moses if he continues with his useless, wasteful antics :!:

Cheers.
What game were you watching if you want to confine Uzoho and Etebo to the bench?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marutimon wrote:

Cheers.
I wonder what some people are smoking.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Croatia played 4-2-4, Nigeria had numerical advantage in midfield and acres of space infront of the opposing fullback, the product of which was Victor Moses doing his best Ashley Young impersonation. Not a drop of thought went into our play, absolutely pathetic.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cheers.
Na wa that’s a lot of changes, I don’t see that happening but the Ighalo experiment has to end at some point, I think now is as good as any.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Kabalega wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Cheers.
I wonder what some people are smoking.
Don't be mean... he's not smoking anything. But i can confirm that tonythetamponlicker is licking tampons
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We have been struggling to create chances and are too flat in the final 3rd. It all pivots on playing Mikel in the AM role.

Our strongest formation in 3-5-2, play Ndidi and Mikel in the DF position and let Iwobi play the creative AM role. Nacho who can feed of Iwobi's movement needs to play. Bench Ighalo..
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Just to add. Ebuehi needs to play to add more offensive play from the flanks...Bench Shehu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I hope you guys can appreciate our local coaches more.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

marutimon wrote:

Cheers.
Thanks for seeing through the unreasonable argument.
Uzoho for who else, and Etebo for Onazi?
Talk about comedic arguments. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

joao wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Cheers.
We should just look at some of the threads here as venting threads and not really as any constructive comments or suggestions. Venting is allowed and therapeutic at this time.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

greg wrote:
joao wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Cheers.
We should just look at some of the threads here as venting threads and not really as any constructive comments or suggestions. Venting is allowed and therapeutic at this time.
wise words
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Welcome back!
Advocating rational thought since 1987
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
Na wa that’s a lot of changes, I don’t see that happening but the Ighalo experiment has to end at some point, I think now is as good as any.
Not necessarily. Its very difficult to blame him totally for the lack of support behind him. Re-watch how Croatia played with their target men. they knocked down ball after ball for runners from the midfield to shoot at goal. Mikel as much as he is trying just isnt playing close enough to Ighalo. The long balls to him are not accurate enough either and considering his height, i doubt that's the best way to utilize him. If they insist on going that route, Simi might actually be a better option for him.

Personally, i think we need to ditch this super restrictive formation that we are playing. We don't have the players to break down teams. Also, it is almost criminal that they still can not defend corner kicks. One disappointing player for me today was Etebo, he had an ok game but played with his wings clipped. Time and time again, he turned back and passed the ball back to his CB.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
Not necessarily. Its very difficult to blame him totally for the lack of support behind him. Re-watch how Croatia played with their target men. they knocked down ball after ball for runners from the midfield to shoot at goal. Mikel as much as he is trying just isnt playing close enough to Ighalo. The long balls to him are not accurate enough either and considering his height, i doubt that's the best way to utilize him. If they insist on going that route, Simi might actually be a better option for him.

Personally, i think we need to ditch this super restrictive formation that we are playing. We don't have the players to break down teams. Also, it is almost criminal that they still can not defend corner kicks. One disappointing player for me today was Etebo, he had an ok game but played with his wings clipped. Time and time again, he turned back and passed the ball back to his CB.
Wasn't his fault...no runners ahead of him. I've seen him take initiative and drive through the midfield but he's understandably being cautious in a world cup game.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!