Inexperience Was Nigeria Problem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Inexperience Was Nigeria Problem

Post by Ekorian »

oloye wrote:
Ekorian wrote:What experience does the Iceland have to draw against Argies. We were simply tactically naive playing police long balls with tall croats in the 1st half and praying for Moses to path the Croatian sea in the 2nd. We better play our style of all attacking football against Iceland or another player will soon land slipper on Mrs Galavant Obi's face.
Sometimes when you people say the kind of stuff you said in your first line, I query why people make these sort of allegations. You mean the experience the Iceland team got from Euro has not helped their development?

I can say that in the past we had the privilege of the African Cup of nations falling in the same year as the world cup and it helped to prepare the team for the world cup proper. A number of what is seen now would have been seen.
Egbon, I meant what was Iceland's experience again South American teams. We cannot be clamoring for young energetic youngsters and then blame our loss on lack of experience.
Last edited by Ekorian on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

We have no coach. Period!

Rohr is chopping Nigerian dollar. Facts not feelings.

He is out of his depth.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cchinukw wrote:We have no coach. Period!

Rohr is chopping Nigerian dollar. Facts not feelings.

He is out of his depth.
Kpom!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

joao wrote:
Vindave wrote:Meanwhile, the Etebo own goal was not really his fault. I blame the whole defense for that goal....
Vindave, please note, Etebo did not score an own goal.
An own goal is when a player hits the ball on purpose, and not when a shot ricochets off him.
Please note: It was an own goal.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

What Rohr has been doing is managing his failure with all the lame excuses so he can 'build for the future'.

You could extend his contract after the world cup and you won't get anything better than the dog's dinner we've been served so far.

He is lazy and dumb. I miss you Keshi. I miss you big boss. Nigeria, a country that kills its own prophets with poverty.

You have you GERMAN FOREIGN coach who can't drill any defensive qualities into his team. What does he do really?

Why is this fraud in charge of the Super Eagles? Heads need to roll. Big time.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cchinukw wrote:What Rohr has been doing is managing his failure with all the lame excuses so he can 'build for the future'.
Yep, there's always some excuse...

- the player was fasting
- it was raining a lot
- we lost the friendlies so that people wouldn't be too excited about our chances at the World Cup
- we're here to learn

Let's wait and see what the latest excuse is.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rohr speaks....
"I think the organisation was okay. We didn't concede from normal play, we conceded from set-pieces," Rohr said after the game."
"It's important to make at least four points to qualify. All is in our hands. Let's be positive and believe we can do it.
"We have the youngest team at the World Cup. Let them learn from this match and do better. We saw Iceland they are a strong team and they can do very well, but we know we can also do better."
So this guy is already talking about dropping more points and learning. He's a born loser. I'm sorry.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/were-not ... 0gabopzqtm
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

marutimon wrote:
joao wrote:
Vindave wrote:Meanwhile, the Etebo own goal was not really his fault. I blame the whole defense for that goal....
An own goal is when a player hits the ball on purpose, and not when a shot ricochets off him.
It's an own goal, when you redirect a ball that wasn't heading towards goal.

KPOM. That is the definition of an own goal. If that ball did not touch Etebo, it would have gone safely beyond Nigeria's goal The right call is own goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

We are always inexperienced!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Rohr is inexperienced.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Izdatso? How many times have I said that you can’t take an under 23 team to the World Cup and expect miracles :?: :!:
Cheers.
Me sef don talk am taya.
Yet you will still find some calling for an even younger team!
Until we carry U-16 team go WC, dem no go gree us hear word. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ekorian wrote:What experience does the Iceland have to draw against Argies. We were simply tactically naive playing police long balls with tall croats in the 1st half and praying for Moses to path the Croatian sea in the 2nd. We better play our style of all attacking football against Iceland or another player will soon land slipper on Mrs Galavant Obi's face.
Sometimes when you people say the kind of stuff you said in your first line, I query why people make these sort of allegations. You mean the experience the Iceland team got from Euro has not helped their development?

I can say that in the past we had the privilege of the African Cup of nations falling in the same year as the world cup and it helped to prepare the team for the world cup proper. A number of what is seen now would have been seen.

17 of the 23 players on the team are playing in their first international tournament for the Super Eagles. That's a significant amount of inexperience that cannot be wished away.
But Nigerians want to wish it away becos "it doesnt matter". :roll:
That's why there were calls for Onyekuru, Aina and even Kelechi Nwakali up to the last minute just to make the squad even younger!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
oloye wrote:

17 of the 23 players on the team are playing in their first international tournament for the Super Eagles. That's a significant amount of inexperience that cannot be wished away.
That's why there were calls for Onyekuru, Aina and even Kelechi Nwakali up to the last minute just to make the squad even younger!
Whose fault is that?

He had chances to get Enyeama in too.

Una wey dey shout say Aina instead of Echiejile una see una life now? :sneaky:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:Rohr speaks....
"I think the organisation was okay. We didn't concede from normal play, we conceded from set-pieces," Rohr said after the game."
"It's important to make at least four points to qualify. All is in our hands. Let's be positive and believe we can do it.
"We have the youngest team at the World Cup. Let them learn from this match and do better. We saw Iceland they are a strong team and they can do very well, but we know we can also do better."
So this guy is already talking about dropping more points and learning. He's a born loser. I'm sorry.

How did you reach your conclusion?
You don't think we must make "at least four points"?
Or you think the progress is not "in our hands", and so we should wait for others to fokkop?
Or maybe we should not learn from the mistakes of this game?
Or maybe we should not strive to do better?

What exactly has he said that is wrong here?
Just agree you are having an 'emotional moment' right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:

Or you think the progress is not "in our hands", and so we should wait for others to fokkop?

We are having an emotional moment because we have been swindled by this German fraud.

Look at him on TV. He looks and sounds clueless.

We are just tourists. Not a competing team.
Last edited by cchinukw on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
oloye wrote:

Whose fault is that?

He had chances to get Enyeama in too.

Una wey dey shout say Aina instead of Echiejile una see una life now? :sneaky:
I lost the campaign to get Enyeama back fair and square, no hard feelings.
I never liked Echejiele in the first place.

Becos I may have been right on one or two issues doesn't now make me a competent coach and I'm not going to throw any coach under the bus based on an emotional tantrum. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:

We are having an emotional moment because we have been swindled by this German fraud.

Yes, so when your emotional moment is over, come back and let's talk like rational men.
Right now, this place sounds like a women's refuge centre.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Yes, so when your emotional moment is over, come back and let's talk like rational men.
Right now, this place sounds like a women's refuge centre.
There is no way to have a rational discussion about a team that on rational assessment looks like a road crash waiting to happen.

It is like coach got his badges from Oluwole.

Right now the rational thing to do is cross your fingers and hope for the best. You can't blame any passenger in that situation for being hysterical!
Last edited by cchinukw on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

[quote="TonyTheTigerKiller"]Izdatso? How many times have I said that you can’t take an under 23 team to the World Cup and expect miracles :?: :!:
/quote]
How old Christansen, who put in a decent show vs Peru? Age is not the factor, its much deeper than that, dare we don the goggles and dip our heads beneath the surface.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Enugu II wrote:
marutimon wrote:
joao wrote:
It's an own goal, when you redirect a ball that wasn't heading towards goal.

KPOM. That is the definition of an own goal. If that ball did not touch Etebo, it would have gone safely beyond Nigeria's goal The right call is own goal.

Funny enough, the goal fifa already credited Etebo with the goal, so I don't know why this guy was arguing that it was not an own goal. I felt pity for Etebo yesterday after the game as he looked so dejected, deflated, guilty as if he killed someone with his car via an accident. I was waiting for other players to cheer him up but...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Yesterday too, I have to pity Mikel during the post match interview... He was so dazed, especially when asked on the Super Eagles major problem which has to do with defending set pieces.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!