Africa so far: 1 Win 5 Loses; 3 Goals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Africa so far: 1 Win 5 Loses; 3 Goals

Post by Rawlings »

should football be banned in Africa?
...or should FIFA reduce our quota from 5 to 2
Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa so far: 3 games; 3 loses; 0 goals

Post by Rawlings »

goke313 wrote:for your title alone, you will be accused of hating your blackness
I suppose u know 3 of the nations representing Africa are brown
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yep, but they’ll only mention Saudi Arabia. Africa has done nothing of note at the Mundial and will do nothing of note at this Mundial. If the tournament is ever to be reduced, certainly Africa’s quota should be forthcoming for a trim.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Asia's been even worse. Unless you think Morocco's own goal makes Iran look good.

It's the first game in the World Cup and outside of KSA, no team's really knocked out yet.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

And people want more spots for Africa
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ElHadary wrote:Asia's been even worse. Unless you think Morocco's own goal makes Iran look good.

It's the first game in the World Cup and outside of KSA, no team's really knocked out yet.
Asia has always been worse and thus they never ask for their quote to be increased
we Africans advocate for an increase and yet we play like the Asians
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Synopsis wrote:And people want more spots for Africa
Not at all. Make weights the lot of ‘em.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Since FIFA clamped down on age cheats at youth level, it has affected Nigeria badly, there is no more talent coming out
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

we always under-perform and yet we keep asking for more
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Rawlings wrote:
Realistically only about 10 countries can win the damn thing. We deserve more spots just like every other make-weights because we can only get stronger in the long term & in case you don't know it, goodies are shared too, lots and lots of it which helps the youth and the economy.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ohhh Africa :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

folem wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Realistically only about 10 countries can win the damn thing. We deserve more spots just like every other make-weights because we can only get stronger in the long term & in case you don't know it, goodies are shared too, lots and lots of it which helps the youth and the economy.
So you are looking for handout as opposed to earning the goodies...interesting
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1. Lack of strong local leagues.

Before you treat the disease, you have to do a proper diagnosis.

The problem is Africans refuse to learn and make the right reforms. Doing things the same expecting different results.

Also look at Stupid South Africa voting for the US bid. The long term consequences they will suffer for such an action never occurred to them.

First the SAFA boss said he will vote for Morocco then he backtracks after political influence on the vote.

Even AFC has a victory.

Our last hope now rests with Senegal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Also look at Stupid South Africa voting for the US bid. The long term consequences they will suffer for such an action never occurred to them.

They did that because Morocco voted against their 2010 bid
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

maceo4 wrote:
folem wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
We earned the goodies just as much as all other countries outside the top 10 or thereabouts. That is what keeps football as a sport to be far bigger than the other relatively insular team sports that refused to grow like Cricket or Rugby.
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

I'm just glad no African teams playing Sunday.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

folem wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
folem wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
We earned the goodies just as much as all other countries outside the top 10 or thereabouts. That is what keeps football as a sport to be far bigger than the other relatively insular team sports that refused to grow like Cricket or Rugby.
But as far as expanding to more African teams, we haven't earned that. We haven't shown that our game is improving with all the goodies the current 5 spots are getting. Hopefully one of our teams makes it out of the group stage but Iran has more points than all the African teams so far combined. Thats not a good showing so far...stop asking for handouts abeg instead demand more excellence from our teams.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Africa has not replaced true legends like JJ, DD, Eto, Essien, ... When I watch big teams, I barely see any influencal African players. Salah had a great season. Mahrez did have one good season. But JJ DD, Essien, Eto had a true decade of excellence at the highest level.
Has the 2010 WC in Africa helped African football grow? Not sure. I don't see the fruits on the field. Cameroon has regressed massively. I don't remember the last time I watched Cameroon play.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

But they will be back on Monday ... We always claim to be treated unfairly. We always blame our failures on referees and conspiracy theories.
The world is against us ... That's our excuse.
Cameroonian still believe that if that Milla goal at the 1982 WC was counted ... oh well ...
Workman wrote:I'm just glad no African teams playing Sunday.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

maceo4 wrote:
folem wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
folem wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
But as far as expanding to more African teams, we haven't earned that. We haven't shown that our game is improving with all the goodies the current 5 spots are getting. Hopefully one of our teams makes it out of the group stage but Iran has more points than all the African teams so far combined. Thats not a good showing so far...stop asking for handouts abeg instead demand more excellence from our teams.
Its not over yet. For the first time ever, 2 African countries qualified for the knockout stage the last time in 2014.

"The World Cup is not based on the quality of the teams because you don't have the best 32 at the World Cup ... but it's a good compromise. ... It's a political matter so why not have more Africans? The competition is to bring all the people of all the world. If you don't give the possibility to participate, they don't improve."

... Mitchel Platini
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Rawlings wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

They did that because Morocco voted against their 2010 bid
Morocco had its own bid for 2010 WC & no Moroccan was on the FIFA Executive Council that voted in 2004.
Last edited by folem on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

bepanda wrote:Africa has not replaced true legends like JJ, DD, Eto, Essien, ... When I watch big teams, I barely see any influencal African players. Salah had a great season. Mahrez did have one good season. But JJ DD, Essien, Eto had a true decade of excellence at the highest level.
Has the 2010 WC in Africa helped African football grow? Not sure. I don't see the fruits on the field. Cameroon has regressed massively. I don't remember the last time I watched Cameroon play.
Salah actually has had several good seasons. This was his first great one though.

Problem also is that Africa's best players are often from smaller countries: Africa's best players now are Naby Keita (Guinea), Sadio Mane (Senegal), Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso).

Africa's biggest hope now has to be Senegal...