POSITIVES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: POSITIVES

Post by DIMKA76 »

I read the reasons why he dropped Ebuehi and I was like :veryangry: . Seems like he is a coach who relies on feelings rather than rationale. He has to go, even Westerhof used the Nigerian character in strategising. The last manager to do what Rohr is doing was Berti, we all know what happened to him.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The changes I'll consider making for Iceland. Bench Shehu for Ebuehi, bench Mikel and start Iheanacho. I'll decide about Moses on the day of the match. If I wake up and the sight of him sickens me, I'll sit his #$% on the bench for Nwankwo. I want to see him pair with Ighalo to handle those physical polling Iceland defenders. Ighalo alone won't cut it. And for the dumb penalty he gave away I'll also keep Ekong guessing any his fate. Guys have become to comfy.

Is there no one else that can take a corner kick besides Moses? His crosses usually take forever in hang time. You have time to go get a coffee. And can our players learn to flick corners across goal from the near post? It totally destabilizes defenses and the confusion it causes hands the advantage to the offense. That's how Croatia got their first goal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

theYemster wrote:Is there no one else that can take a corner kick besides Moses? His crosses usually take forever in hang time. You have time to go get a coffee. And can our players learn to flick corners across goal from the near post? It totally destabilizes defenses and the confusion it causes hands the advantage to the offense. That's how Croatia got their first goal.
Until Kelechi Nwakali comes into the picture I think not.

Iheanacho is good a setpieces, but at 185 seems a waste to be on a corner.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bret- hart wrote:1) Rhor needs to be fired now
2) Bench Mikel and play etebo and Iwobi in the middle
3) Bench Shehu and start Ebuehi
4) Bench Igalo and play Ihenacho and Nwankwo
5) Pray

Sharrap dia. olodo :curse:

Please do the world a favor and jump into the nearest lake you waste of semen. Piece of garbage. Racoon excrement is more useful than you. Asswipe. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

theYemster wrote:The changes I'll consider making for Iceland. Bench Shehu for Ebuehi, bench Mikel and start Iheanacho. I'll decide about Moses on the day of the match. If I wake up and the sight of him sickens me, I'll sit his #$% on the bench for Nwankwo. I want to see him pair with Ighalo to handle those physical polling Iceland defenders. Ighalo alone won't cut it. And for the dumb penalty he gave away I'll also keep Ekong guessing any his fate. Guys have become to comfy.

Is there no one else that can take a corner kick besides Moses? His crosses usually take forever in hang time. You have time to go get a coffee. And can our players learn to flick corners across goal from the near post? It totally destabilizes defenses and the confusion it causes hands the advantage to the offense. That's how Croatia got their first goal.
Ighalo needs to be benched. We have nothing to lose at this point. Ihenach and Nwankwo need to start the next game and go for broke.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bret- hart wrote:
theYemster wrote:The changes I'll consider making for Iceland. Bench Shehu for Ebuehi, bench Mikel and start Iheanacho. I'll decide about Moses on the day of the match. If I wake up and the sight of him sickens me, I'll sit his #$% on the bench for Nwankwo. I want to see him pair with Ighalo to handle those physical polling Iceland defenders. Ighalo alone won't cut it. And for the dumb penalty he gave away I'll also keep Ekong guessing any his fate. Guys have become to comfy.

Ighalo needs to be benched. We have nothing to lose at this point. Ihenach and Nwankwo need to start the next game and go for broke.
Not arguing against his benching but he wasn't the problem. Mikel and the midfield aren't creating anything. I need to see him play off of another striker possibly Nwankwo. I'd go with three at the back to make room for the extra man up top.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I don't care what formation you set up, but you have to start with Iheanacho. As an AM or as a second striker or a centre forward or even as a fricking winger (because he can sure as hell come inside and shot a stinger from outside the box and he's arguably Nigeria's best crosser).

This is do or die now. You need Iheanacho. Full stop.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

E go do una like film trick when Rohr uses the same loosing 11 against Iceland. I do not blame any of the players for today's result btw.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

marutimon wrote:Given Iceland's power I'm thinking:

---------------Uzoho----------------
--Balogun--Omeruo--Ekong--------
---------Ndidi-------Mikel-----------
----------------Iwobi---------------
-Moses-----------------------Etebo-
------------Iheanacho----------------
--------------------Simy--------------

But Rohr will never do that...
Not a bad shout. I'd definitely start with both Simy and Kelechi. And perhaps Ogu in defence - his lack of pace won't be tested by Iceland and he can actually pass out of defence unlike Balogun and Ekong.

But it's way too adventurous for Rohr. Expect the same line up vs Iceland with perhaps Kelechi in for Ighalo.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

DIMKA76 wrote:I read the reasons why he dropped Ebuehi and I was like :veryangry: . Seems like he is a coach who relies on feelings rather than rationale. He has to go, even Westerhof used the Nigerian character in strategising. The last manager to do what Rohr is doing was Berti, we all know what happened to him.

Maybe Rohr is shehu's agent cos it does not make sense at all
platini
Egg
Egg

Post by platini »

Why bench Ighalo? What did he do wrong? How many goal chances did the team created that he didn't convert? The entire team was poor with the exception of Etebo.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

platini wrote:Why bench Ighalo? What did he do wrong? How many goal chances did the team created that he didn't convert? The entire team was poor with the exception of Etebo.
He's been poor for a while and doesn't look like scoring.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

platini wrote:Why bench Ighalo? What did he do wrong? How many goal chances did the team created that he didn't convert? The entire team was poor with the exception of Etebo.
What did he do right?

The only way Ighalo stays is if we play with two forwards.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Not a bad shout. I'd definitely start with both Simy and Kelechi. And perhaps Ogu in defence - his lack of pace won't be tested by Iceland and he can actually pass out of defence unlike Balogun and Ekong.

But it's way too adventurous for Rohr. Expect the same line up vs Iceland with perhaps Kelechi in for Ighalo.
Personally I'd bench Moses as well. His aimless dribbles, cul-de-sac runs and flops will be ineffective against a very disciplined and rugged Iceland. And if tat's not enough reason then I'd do it if only to send a message.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote:
5) Pray

Please do the world a favor and jump into the nearest lake you waste of semen. Piece of garbage. Racoon excrement is more useful than you. Asswipe. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I'll jump in a lake and just swim back out. What use is that? How does that improve your miserable life? You ain't Shyte, ain't never been Shyte, can't be Shyte and will not be Shyte even after I swim out of the lake. Look, there's a fast moving garbage truck that wants plant its license plate on your face. Hurry and cross the street before u miss it. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:

This is correct. Rohr has already made it clear that Mikel plays as the advanced midfielder. The thing though is that we MUST attack against Iceland or die. It is that simple. No conservative game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The lone striker formation has never worked against credible opponents. Why Rohr has not realized this beats me. You cant beat any credible tean with esperienced defenders with this formation. If we had put serious pressure on the Croatian defence today we would have scored more than one goal against them. We should attack the crap out of Iceland.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

bret- hart wrote:
5) Pray

I'll jump in a lake and just swim back out. What use is that? How does that improve your miserable life? You ain't Shyte, ain't never been Shyte, can't be Shyte and will not be Shyte even after I swim out of the lake. Look, there's a fast moving garbage truck that wants plant its license plate on your face. Hurry and cross the street before u miss it. :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wont derail this thread by going back and forth with someone that is far less intelligent than a Pidgeon so this will be my last reply to you. You are garbage. My spit is more useful than you. A glass of water filled with lead is more useful than you. You are nothing but a fart in the wind. Its a shame CE allows people like you to post here while the likes of Patrick are barred from posting. At least animal excrement serves a purpose as fertilizers for the soil. You serve no purpose instead you are a weed that needs uprooting. Eeeediot.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Well we can't lose to Croatia again so that's a positive.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bulgaria lost to in 94 and ended in the semi-final. We can do the same.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marutimon wrote:POSTIVIES:
Goalkeeper: Uzoho is a fricking good GK. He did everything he could do.

Defence: Most of the defence worked very well. Croatia was largely contained and damage was self-inflicted. Shehu after a rough start did OK, but Ebuehi is a must now. Idowu had a largely good game. However, for that dumb foul in the penalty area - I would bench Troost Ekong. Balogun and Omeruo moving forward.

Midfield: Ndidi and Etebo are beasts. Etebo just runs and runs, while Ndidi tackling was immaculate. These two are legit superstars. Etebo won 8 freekicks!!! The Croatians had no idea how to contain and were just hacking like crazy. In all honesty he probably should have won 2-3 more. Also - major difference between him and Moses: Etebo keeps on running, even when fouled. Moses flops at the lightest touch. The referee quickly noticied that - and starting waving off the play against Moses, while he whistled each and every foul on Etebo.

Mikel might not have legs for 90 minutes, but I say the problem was not in the midfield, but on the wings. He also had some great tackles. That said maybe Iwobi as a AM ahead of Mikel might be necessary.

Forward: The only positive going forward is Iheanacho. We have no other person deserving of starting up front. I don't care what you say about his touch or whatever - whenever he has the ball things happen. He is our main gamechanger and wildcard. You can't bench someone with his strike rate for club and country and get away with it. Ighalo needs to be benched or at best start up front to assist Iheanacho.

This game: Yes, we lost, but the damage was self-inflicted. That means the back is well shielded by Ndidi and Etebo. The problem is with creativity up front.

Next game: Iceland is now a must win. If we manage to win that game this group is still wide open, albeit there is still the minor issue of Iceland. I know Argentina struggled, but they made the massive mistake of playing lightweights against bullies. Ndidi, Mikel and Etebo are great at dealing with bullies.
:clap: :clap:
excellent points. We are only 1 point behind 2nd and playing the lesser of two evils left next. On to the next one.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

nanijoe wrote:Etebo is absolutely frickin world class.never mind the own goal. The dude never stopped working.
Ighalo has no business on the pitch. Kelechi has to start
Iwobi really needs to be played in the middle of the park
Moses needs a slap for all his diving
Rohr needs to get the f**k out of here
2022 is going to be great

Etebo was a rare highlight in the game. He worked his socks off and was pressuring the keeper in the 80th minute. I dont know if he would be best in place of mikel in the top of the midfield triangle but the guy must be in the midfield mix. Dem foul the bobo tire that he picked up the ball before ref blow whistle sef at one point :lol:

The last 10 minutes of the game when we actually attacked is frustrating to watch. We cant keep trying to look for one target man all game long.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

nanijoe wrote:Etebo is absolutely frickin world class.never mind the own goal. The dude never stopped working.
Ighalo has no business on the pitch. Kelechi has to start
Iwobi really needs to be played in the middle of the park
Moses needs a slap for all his diving
Rohr needs to get the f**k out of here
2022 is going to be great
It's weird to me how some football coaches can be extremely stubborn, it's like they have their favorites and will stick to them no matter what. I'm no professional coach but I haven't seen Ighalo do anything wearing green yet he still gets games. Amazing.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.