CROATIA has better players period

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: CROATIA has better players period

Post by Rawlings »

john12 wrote:Iceland game was similar to Nigeria own but they weren’t unlucky and in 2010 Ghana definitely had better players than Serbia. The likes of appiah, muntari, boating, Gyan, Ayew were in their prime
go check your records: Muntari was not in the side; Appiah was a sub because he was past it;Ayew was a kid
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
john12
Egg
Egg
You guys are DELUSIONAL

Post by john12 »

When the draw came out I saw people jubilating about an obvious easy draw which to my bemusement I was quite shocked at the jubilation and confused. I didn’t know if people were just being ignorant to Croatia obvious super team or were joking. it was only “pa ohsee” that agreed with me. Anyway, if people were being ignorant let’s remind them that Croatia team had
3x consecutive champions league winner (modric Kovacic)
3x La Liga winner (rakitic)
5x Seria Winner (mandzukic)
Europa league present winner (Senator)
In addition to it, they had
Loveren (Liverpool)
Perisic (Inter Milan)
Kalinic (Ac Milan)

Basically, their team is pound for pound rated higher than us and in addition to it, they play for all WORLD CLASS clubs. Please compare them to our squad

MIKEL OBI - backwater
Ighalo - backwater
Ekong - backwater
Shehu - backwater
Idowu - backwater
Our only players at World class teams are Iwobi, Moses while the ones at average teams were Ndidi, musa, Iheanacho. So, please where’s this ARROGANCE coming from?? Did we really expect to beat Croatia with an inferior team?? Obviously, we should aspire, hope and believe that we can beat any team any day but don’t be ARROGANT when your inferior team loses to a much better squad. Please, leave rohr out of it. It is not his fault that we’re ranked 49th or our best player performs at a BACKWATER league. just support your team and hope for the best.
Last edited by john12 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: You guys are DELUSIONAL

Post by Synopsis »

Why even play the World Cup when we can select the champion by looking at each team’s roster?

What a stupid thread.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Look at etebo this guy had an impressive performance at the end of last season instead of him to transfer to a higher rated club, he goes to CHAMPIONSHIP. our best player at this World Cup that we should be building for in the future plays at the ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP. Next World Cup when we're drawned against a big nation our DELUSIONAL and ENTITLED mentality will continue
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

I beg,
please explain the Mexico - Germany game with all of Germany's achievements and their players in top clubs.

Also explain Brazil - Switzerland game with all of Brazil's achievements and their players in top clubs.

.. Sadly we have such inferior mentality. They all have one head, 2 eyes, eat and $#% like every one else yet you dey fear.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

john12 wrote:When the draw came out I saw people jubilating about an obvious easy draw which to my bemusement I was quite shocked at the jubilation and confused. I didn’t know if people were just being ignorant to Croatia obvious super team or were joking. it was only “pa ohsee” that agreed with me. Anyway, if people were being ignorant let’s remind them that Croatia team had
3x consecutive champions league winner (modric Kovacic)
3x La Liga winner (rakitic)
5x Seria Winner (mandzukic)
Europa league present winner (Senator)
In addition to it, they had
Loveren (Liverpool)
Perisic (Inter Milan)
Kalinic (Ac Milan)

Basically, their team is pound for pound rated higher than us and in addition to it, they play for all WORLD CLASS clubs. Please compare them to our squad

MIKEL OBI - backwater
Ighalo - backwater
Ekong - backwater
Shehu - backwater
Idowu - backwater
Our only players at World class teams are Iwobi, Moses while the ones at average teams were Ndidi, musa, Iheanacho. So, please where’s this ARROGANCE coming from?? Did we really expect to beat Croatia with an inferior team?? Obviously, we should aspire, hope and believe that we can beat any team any day but don’t be ARROGANT when your inferior team loses to a much better squad. Please, leave rohr out of it. It is not his fault that we’re ranked 49th or our best player performs at a BACKWATER league. just support your team and hope for the best.
That means Iceland are backstreet, about 6 of the players are professionals in other fields.

You have no point
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Who was "jubilating" that we had an easy draw?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Look, I didn’t say that you shouldn’t aspire or believe that you can WIN. Just cut out that ENTITLED and ARROGANT mentality when your inferior team loses to a SUPERIOR team. Now, if we lose to a much lower team ICELAND I will understand you guys complain but to Croatia (Darkhorse) I don’t get it. Aspire and believe you can win but stop being ARROGANT when your inferior team loses.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If SUPER EAGLES (SUPERIOR) loses to an (Iceland) INFERIOR team I will even understand you guys complain but CROATIA with all those world class players, I don’t get it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:If SUPER EAGLES (SUPERIOR) loses to an (Iceland) INFERIOR team I will even understand you guys complain but CROATIA with all those world class players, I don’t get it
It doesn't quite work like that, as there is not a linear relationship here.

Ultimately, its about maximizing your strengths. That is why football is the ultimate team sport.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Txj the same way you’re maximizing your strengths is equally how your opponents are doing the same. At the end of the day, QUALITY rules and people should stop feeling ENTITLED. Just support your team and hope for the best
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Dude e be like na you be the delusional guy here,
Can you also explain the Mexico vs Germany game?
Can you explain the Argentina vs Iceland game?
If Mexico can do it to Germany ,why not super eagles do it to Croatia?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Look, I didn’t say that you shouldn’t aspire or believe that you can WIN. Just cut out that ENTITLED and ARROGANT mentality when your inferior team loses to a SUPERIOR team. Now, if we lose to a much lower team ICELAND I will understand you guys complain but to Croatia (Darkhorse) I don’t get it. Aspire and believe you can win but stop being ARROGANT when your inferior team loses.
Please call out the specific people that were acting like it was our birthright to beat Croatia, stop pu$$y footing around! :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

metalalloy wrote:Who was "jubilating" that we had an easy draw?
The first question that came to mind when I saw this thread. This is a massive thread fail...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:Txj the same way you’re maximizing your strengths is equally how your opponents are doing the same. At the end of the day, QUALITY rules and people should stop feeling ENTITLED. Just support your team and hope for the best
True. But did we maximize our own strengths? That is the question.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We didn’t totally maximize our strengths because our opponents had more QUALITY and didn’t allow us to. Remember that Croatia scored from 2 unfortunate incidents other than that it was an evenly match game
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

So Croatia is now superior to Super Eagles in your own opinion? You will be alright
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

YES, presently thier team is much SUPERIOR to ours. As much as we live our dear SE and has to be patriotic we must analyze with our heads and not hearts. You not get to play at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus week in and out if you’re an average or below average player. When your best player is at China an your goalkeeper is at DIVISION 3 just be HUMBLE
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:We didn’t totally maximize our strengths because our opponents had more QUALITY and didn’t allow us to. Remember that Croatia scored from 2 unfortunate incidents other than that it was an evenly match game
I would argue that our predominant focus on the opponent's strengths did not enable us to focus first on our strengths on the attack. It's not about the quality of the opponent. If it was a simple linear relationship, Mexico, Iceland, and Switzerland would've all lost.

Rohr's arguments, which you echo here is to look at our defensive organization, which while improved was not stellar either; but that is only one phase of the game. You can talk and chew gum!

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
john12 wrote:We didn’t totally maximize our strengths because our opponents had more QUALITY and didn’t allow us to. Remember that Croatia scored from 2 unfortunate incidents other than that it was an evenly match game
I would argue that our predominant focus on the opponent's strengths did not enable us to focus first on our strengths on the attack. It's not about the quality of the opponent. If it was a simple linear relationship, Mexico, Iceland, and Switzerland would've all lost.

Rohr's arguments, which you echo here is to look at our defensive organization, which while improved was not stellar either; but that is only one phase of the game. You can talk and chew gum!

KPOM!!!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:

KPOM!!!!
GBAM!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

In my opinion., it's not worth my time arguing with anyone who thinks football is only about who has players playing at a higher level. That sort of opinion is a joke.

Recent events at this world cup shows that, a consideration of racism (west ham's recent policies come to mind) disproves that, relative strenghts of teams can tilt things towards a team with players at a lower level (in our case fast young players with flair vs old players), the influence of a good coach can tilt things too. Luck can change things too.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Wrong!!!!! Not necessarily better players.

Croatia has better organization.
Quicker players with purpose and simply more intelligent in the game.

Visie Ambazonia