Rohr needs to f**k right off after this impotent effort

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr Go Home

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

9jaMan wrote:Rohr is a coward, he is there for the money, Nigeria will have to fire him, Rohr knows he is not good enough for Nigeria so he selects players he can later claim are not good enough. Fire Rohr now
:thumbs: :thumbs:
I suspected he was a coward. I am happy we see it the same way. I am hoping this is the last of the "oyinbo" experiment.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr needs to f**k right off after this impotent effort

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Ain’t no body suffering from inferiority complex. You have to be objective and analyse with your head not your heart. My guy, you don’t get to play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, juventus, AC Milan week in and out if you’re a junk. We were simply beaten by a better team and were unlucky
were we really beaten; an own goal and a penalty for an infraction you see 70% of the time in set pieces.
I don't think we were beaten. We were simply UNLUCKY, in my opinion. The issue now is; how do we beat Iceland and Argentina?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Robotnik wrote:we have very young players...
we are preparing the team for 2022..
this team is the lowest ranked among all the teams..

I get annoyed when hearing this from him..
That's Rohr's job security song.

I'm just keen to hear of Pinnick's reaction to yesterdays game
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

K wrote:
Robotnik wrote:we have very young players...
we are preparing the team for 2022..
this team is the lowest ranked among all the teams..

I get annoyed when hearing this from him..
That's Rohr's job security song.

I'm just keen to hear of Pinnick's reaction to yesterdays game
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

cchinukw wrote:Right now I'd be willing to look again at Oliseh.

Heck even Eguaevon or Okocha/Siasia. We need to channel some '94 fever into the future while they are still alive.

And for God's sake if you hire somebody, do pay them their agreed wages. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oliseh ?

Are you kidding me ?

The only man for the job is Salisu Yusuf IMO.

He did well with the B team that played atletico, and this man has been with these boys for a while. He is the natural successor. Oliseh GTFOH.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olumide wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Enough Oyibos for now...we need a Nigerian.
LOL...Since 2001, when I was 11, Nigeria has had a foreign manager for a total of maybe three years. 2001 was 17 years ago and we have been absolute rubbish for 90 percent of that time. The problem is not any manager, black, white, or green. As it stands Nigeria is a broken football nation that thrives at youth level and exporting players around the world, but nothing else.

Just to clarify, Rohr took over when a litany of local coaches had managed to fail to qualify the most populated country in Africa to the AFCON 3 out of 4 times, and then managed to qualify them for the World Cup easily. He deserves credit for this. I am no fan of Rohr, but let's not act like he turned some sort of brilliant team into rubbish.

Let me tell you right now the reason for this.

Rohr was both a blessing and a hinderance at the same time.

What Rohr has done is to "Europeanize" this team. He has brought organization and stability to this team, and you are right for that he must be credited.

The thing is on the African continent a well organized team will always succeed. The reason why Egypt won 3 straight ANC's is because they were organized while the rest of the teams who were "the best team on paper" full of individual talent and no coherent organization, were easily beaten out. We qualified EASILY from the hardest WCQ group in history. WHY ? Simply because Rohr organized our team, and any organized/European style teams will easily beat African teams.

Let me tell you that this very Nigeria team we are all truly disgusted with WILL EASILY WIN ANC 2019. The organization of this team added with the quality of players like Iwobi, Ndidi, Mikel, Iheanacho WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR AFRICAN TEAMS TO HANDLE. YES I SAID IT.

The state of African soccer right now is so poor that if any team becomes moderately organized and have decent players they can win the ANC.

African teams are too poor in attack to be able to beat this Rohr lead Nigerian side. I cannot see many African teams being able to break us down.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS ON THE WORLD STAGE.

We may be very organized and compact for African standards, but on the world stage it aint good enough.

We are never going to beat Europeans at their own game. That is the foolish mistake that Rohr made yesterday.

Nigeria is not going to beat European teams by being defensive or by being organized. Not to say that we should not have any defensive discipline, but we need to play our style and to our advantages and we needed to attack Croatia and put them under pressure merciclessly.

Anybody who watched the Senegal v Croatia match would have seen a clear path to beat that overhyped team. Senegal really showed them pepper that day, and Rohr should have followed suit instead of getting us to play like cowards.

Did Mexico show Germany any respect ?

Did Switzerland show Brazil any respect ?

Were Iceland afraid of Messi and co ?

Yet Rohr had us cowering before a greatly overhyped Croatia team that could easily have been beaten if he allowed us to play quick football.

Would the 1994 team have allowed Croatia to get away with what they did yesterday ?

That 94 team would have slaughtered this Croatian team in the same way they did to Bulgaria.

For me Rohr cannot take us forward. He is a football coward. He is conservative, does not like change, does not take chances, does not make use of subs quick enough. He just sits there cowering, thinking about all the big names on the Croatia team. I think we need a Nigerian from here out, if not a Nigerian, then an attack minded coach. Perhaps a Brazilian. Why not a Brazilian ? I have seen the way they coach teams like Saudi Arabia and get them to play nice passing and interchange game, even though they are a lightweight team.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

vancity eagle wrote:
olumide wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Enough Oyibos for now...we need a Nigerian.
LOL...Since 2001, when I was 11, Nigeria has had a foreign manager for a total of maybe three years. 2001 was 17 years ago and we have been absolute rubbish for 90 percent of that time. The problem is not any manager, black, white, or green. As it stands Nigeria is a broken football nation that thrives at youth level and exporting players around the world, but nothing else.

Just to clarify, Rohr took over when a litany of local coaches had managed to fail to qualify the most populated country in Africa to the AFCON 3 out of 4 times, and then managed to qualify them for the World Cup easily. He deserves credit for this. I am no fan of Rohr, but let's not act like he turned some sort of brilliant team into rubbish.

Let me tell you right now the reason for this.

Rohr was both a blessing and a hinderance at the same time.

What Rohr has done is to "Europeanize" this team. He has brought organization and stability to this team, and you are right for that he must be credited.

The thing is on the African continent a well organized team will always succeed. The reason why Egypt won 3 straight ANC's is because they were organized while the rest of the teams who were "the best team on paper" full of individual talent and no coherent organization, were easily beaten out. We qualified EASILY from the hardest WCQ group in history. WHY ? Simply because Rohr organized our team, and any organized/European style teams will easily beat African teams.

Let me tell you that this very Nigeria team we are all truly disgusted with WILL EASILY WIN ANC 2019. The organization of this team added with the quality of players like Iwobi, Ndidi, Mikel, Iheanacho WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR AFRICAN TEAMS TO HANDLE. YES I SAID IT.

The state of African soccer right now is so poor that if any team becomes moderately organized and have decent players they can win the ANC.

African teams are too poor in attack to be able to beat this Rohr lead Nigerian side. I cannot see many African teams being able to break us down.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS ON THE WORLD STAGE.

We may be very organized and compact for African standards, but on the world stage it aint good enough.

We are never going to beat Europeans at their own game. That is the foolish mistake that Rohr made yesterday.

Nigeria is not going to beat European teams by being defensive or by being organized. Not to say that we should not have any defensive discipline, but we need to play our style and to our advantages and we needed to attack Croatia and put them under pressure merciclessly.

Anybody who watched the Senegal v Croatia match would have seen a clear path to beat that overhyped team. Senegal really showed them pepper that day, and Rohr should have followed suit instead of getting us to play like cowards.

Did Mexico show Germany any respect ?

Did Switzerland show Brazil any respect ?

Were Iceland afraid of Messi and co ?

Yet Rohr had us cowering before a greatly overhyped Croatia team that could easily have been beaten if he allowed us to play quick football.

Would the 1994 team have allowed Croatia to get away with what they did yesterday ?

That 94 team would have slaughtered this Croatian team in the same way they did to Bulgaria.

For me Rohr cannot take us forward. He is a football coward. He is conservative, does not like change, does not take chances, does not make use of subs quick enough. He just sits there cowering, thinking about all the big names on the Croatia team. I think we need a Nigerian from here out, if not a Nigerian, then an attack minded coach. Perhaps a Brazilian. Why not a Brazilian ? I have seen the way they coach teams like Saudi Arabia and get them to play nice passing and interchange game, even though they are a lightweight team.
You are so right.

Remember how Keshi organised us that we won the African Nations Cup in 2013 :sneaky:

Yet you were on his neck at every turn.

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I can't believe I am agreeing with both Vancity AND Zee on an issue...and the agreement is 100%
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

nanijoe wrote:I can't believe I am agreeing with both Vancity AND Zee on an issue...and the agreement is 100%
O boy, na so we see am O!

Of course folks like Pappy, Yujam, Vindave & John 12 & others are still misyarning all over the place.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

No Oliseh abeg, he made Rohr possible after his sudden departure after many here have said no more Oyinbo coaches.
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

john12 wrote:Ain’t no body suffering from inferiority complex. You have to be objective and analyse with your head not your heart. My guy, you don’t get to play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, juventus, AC Milan week in and out if you’re a junk. We were simply beaten by a better team and were unlucky
remind me where we were unlucky in that game?? Did we hit the post? Did we force a great save? Were the Croats under sustained pressure?

Brazil, Germany, and Argentina had better players than Croatia. However, they were pushed to the limit by so called inferior teams. I'm sure most people on this forum will accept a loss, but not the kind of tame effort we saw.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

west33637 wrote:
remind me where we were unlucky in that game?? Did we hit the post? Did we force a great save? Were the Croats under sustained pressure?

Brazil, Germany, and Argentina had better players than Croatia. However, they were pushed to the limit by so called inferior teams. I'm sure most people on this forum will accept a loss, but not the kind of tame effort we saw.
The angel* John 12 is absolutely demented . All he cares about is headless chicken to be included in the team. Invariable they have something on the imbecile Rohr thus he does not have a choice must invite headless chicken to the team. Headless chicken will not make one positive contribution to the team . Do they care . Hell no.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Bros abeg some people are beyond redemption..let me just celebrate this agreement with Zee before he goes back to TrumpiPutin land :)
truetalk wrote:
nanijoe wrote:I can't believe I am agreeing with both Vancity AND Zee on an issue...and the agreement is 100%
O boy, na so we see am O!

Of course folks like Pappy, Yujam, Vindave & John 12 & others are still misyarning all over the place.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

The first place to start is structure. Everyone raves about this or that football youth system, yesterday it was the Netherlands, after that it was France, today it's England or Uruguay. Long before there was the Ghanaian system from the 60's that produced ANCs, and also delivered a few Nigerian nationals after Dr Kofi Busia did "Nigerians must go" in 1969. The Keshi generation were products of the heyday of the Principals Cup and YSFON. We weren't finding players juggling coconuts in the village, it was not luck, or even prayer, there was in system in place.

If we are serious, we need to work on a new system for today's realities; for youth players, coaches, refereeing and officials, insurance, medical, security, and financial support that'll add value and encourage people to come under the umbrella. It does not have to be "government". The systems in Argentina and Uruguay are not run by "government". GT Bank is doing something in Lagos state, Ifeanyi Ubah is trying to do his thing as did Gabros, Iwuanyawu, MKO, the Raccahs, Chief Israel Adebajo and others. So the issue isn't just financing but organization and the will to do what it takes to win before anything else. It is possible, if we are serious.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

vancity eagle wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Right now I'd be willing to look again at Oliseh.

Heck even Eguaevon or Okocha/Siasia. We need to channel some '94 fever into the future while they are still alive.

And for God's sake if you hire somebody, do pay them their agreed wages. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oliseh ?

Are you kidding me ?

The only man for the job is Salisu Yusuf IMO.

He did well with the B team that played atletico, and this man has been with these boys for a while. He is the natural successor. Oliseh GTFOH.
Here you go again off the back of one performance. Now you think Salisu is the man.

Wonders will never end.

Hang on, do you know what it means to get a team promoted to the Eredivisie?

Well that is what we are talking about here. Oliseh was never my cup of tea even when you in particular were hyping him to high heavens.

Now, things have definitely changed. He has managed in Europe and has his badges.

That is a bloody big deal.