IGHALO must be dropped

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: IGHALO must be dropped

Post by marutimon »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
F360 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ighalo is not the problem.

He isn't the problem but he is also not a solution to anything except coming on the pitch to help the SE hold onto a lead.
Otherwise it's almost criminal for Kelechi to be sitting on the bench for 70-80 minutes....for a team without much creativity and needing a striker who can seize a half chance or try to create something out of nothing....and then be expected to make magic in the final 10-15 minutes.

If Iwobi isn't in the center and Kelechi isn't starting up top on Friday than we know Rohr isn't serious.

Even Kelechi Iheanacho would have struggled today.
How can we know?

Ighalo lost the ball on a few occasions and he had about 3 fouls. Kelechi entered and our offense began to flow well.
Ighalo - 75 minutes - 3 fouls, 4 lost balls, nothing else of note.
Iheanacho - probably created Nigeria's best scoring opportunity of the game, which Moses fluffed.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

It is funny that you guys still failed to notice that we played the same formation that our players appear to be uncomfortable with throughout our build-up to the world cup - why are we expecting a different outcome? Each time we changed the formation our performance improved significantly but for some strange reason Mr Rohr refused to change the formation today?? :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

ohenhen1 wrote:How many shots on goal did Nigeria have?
Iheanacho created Nigeria's best scoring opportunity of the day.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria problem is not Ighalo or Kelechi. Our problem is we were not aggressive enough going forward. We don't play as a team in the final third. The quality of the passes or crosses in the final third was poor. Mikel Obi didn't make any runs into the box to support Ighalo or create any quality chances for his team mates.

Ighalo was left up their isolated. He needs a Troy Deeney type player.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My point is it doesn't matter if even if you have Cristiano Ronaldo or Yekini starting for Nigeria. They too will struggle in the Nigerian passive setup.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ighalo thinks the world cup is wrestlemania. He needs to ride the bench.
Last edited by Synopsis on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Musa can't even make a quality cross. And yet the first thought is to drop Ighalo.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:Ighalo thinks the world cup is wrestlemainia. He needs to ride the bench.

What we should do is be more aggressive. We need to play both Iheanacho and Ighalo together. Play a true AM behind them. Have guys that can deliver quality crosses into the box.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Musa does not start so that post is nonsense.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Ighalo thinks the world cup is wrestlemainia. He needs to ride the bench.

What we should do is be more aggressive. We need to play both Iheanacho and Ighalo together. Play a true AM behind them. Have guys that can deliver quality crosses into the box.
Ighalo doesn’t move around. He stays in the penalty box like a tree awaiting a long ball. Iheancho goes to the midfield and awaits a pass and when he has the ball he always looks for an open player to lay the ball to.

Blind agents like wAyo say Iheanacho can’t hold the ball but one of our best chances came from nice hold up play by Nacho.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will go with something like this against Iceland. What do we have to lose?

--------------------------------------Uzoho-----------------------------------------

----------------Omeruo----------------Ekong------------------------Balogun----------

-------V Moses---------------Ndidi--------------------Mikel----------------------Idowu-----

---------------------------------------------Iwobi--------------------------------------------

--------------------------Iheanacho----------------------------Ighalo--------------------------

If we are going to go out, might as well go out fighting. If Rohr approaches the next game passively and we lose. The NFF should sack him after the game. Go with Salisu in the last game.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Good lineup.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

Synopsis wrote:Good lineup.
No
A line up with Ighalo is not good.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:In a game like this we need a striker who posed a threat .... as much as I despise Musa I would have played him as a striker to occupy that backline and create space for Moses and Iwobi .... poor strategy from Rohr today
If he played Musa some will slay the coach for leaving out Ighalo. The only coach who is right the one who did not select the team. :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:In a game like this we need a striker who posed a threat .... as much as I despise Musa I would have played him as a striker to occupy that backline and create space for Moses and Iwobi .... poor strategy from Rohr today
If he played Musa some will slay the coach for leaving out Ighalo. The only coach who is right the one who did not select the team. :D
It shows that you have a plan. Ighalo is simply useless ... a glorified Victor Anichebe. At least Mandzukic is a legit aerial threat ... Ighalo offers nothing .

With Musa, you as a defender know you always have to be conscious of his threat to get behind you ... oh well whatever
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

esosa wrote:
No
Ighalo should be the first name on the team sheet.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:
esosa wrote:
No
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohenhen1 wrote:
esosa wrote:
No

Dude let it go Igalo sucks. He offers 0 to this team. No areal threat, Cannot shoot, no pace, no intelligence. At this point we might as well go for broke. Start Ihenacho and Simy in the game vs Iceland and hope for the best.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ighalo needs to be on a plane back to wherever he came from
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will say it again. Ighalo is not Nigeria problem. We are applying the wrong cure to the disease.

How many chances did his team mates create for him today?

Ighalo is a decent striker, that will score goals if the coach properly utilizes him and provides adequate support.

You actually think Iheanacho that has previously failed in GWG as a lone striker will magically save Nigeria if put in the same position again. I remember the criticism Iheanacho got on here after a bad performance on CE. People started calling him a flop. I can post those threads if you want. I remember that flop thread well well.

Ighalo is been setup to fail. Iheanacho will also fail if he is put in the same position against Iceland. The coach need to provide enough support for the strikers. He is not doing it.

Musa is definitely not better than Ighalo or Iheanacho.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ohenhen we don’t have the players to provide Ighalo with tap ins, so why should he be the first name on the starting sheet? Shouldn’t we play to our strengths and use players like Kele that can feed off scraps and score from a long range shot, have you seen Ighalo be a threat from outside the box?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:This is not qualifier but the actual World Cup. I have saying it Spence the past 4 friendlies tat ighalo isn’t good enough to be our main striker. We need a goal scorer upfront
Fool what did your headless chicken did when he came in. Your only concern is headless chicken to be in Russia in spite of his glaring weaknesses. That's why you will want Rohr to be retained thus your blackmail will force him to keep inviting the useless one who has no business to come to SE camp. Buffoon you have failed woefully Rohr is gone never to come back. Musa will never again smell SE camp. I absolutely have revulsion for your asinine selfishness,